heart pounding?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2013, 05:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Is anyone else experiencing random bouts of heart palpitations, heart pounding hard, needing to rest and breathe slowly and deeply for quite awhile before it gets better? I am just having another set of these and had one two days ago also. I don't really remember these from my first pregnancy, but then again, I wasn't constantly jumping up for diaper changes and fetching snacks and things either These definitely get worse because I have to work through them a bit and can't just lie down as long as I need to. But it sucks. DD just asked to go to the park and I had to tell her I was too tired and had to lie down, and put on a TV show for her instead I wonder if I am anemic or need more magnesium (I've been lax with taking my CALM powder lately)? I am planning to mention it to my OB at my next appt if it persists and call her if it gets any worse. Anyway just wondering if anyone else has this issue.

March 21st, 2013, 05:48 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Yup I've had them several times. It freaks me out at first and then it gets better.

March 21st, 2013, 06:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've had them a lot. I was really freaked out but my doctor said they are pretty common and is just my body pumping extra blood.
March 21st, 2013, 06:18 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get them and have since early on. I even get them lying down sometimes. It goes away for me after a few minutes. My doc also said it's from my heart circulating extra blood.

March 21st, 2013, 06:22 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Yep, I get them quite a bit. Usually when lying down.
March 21st, 2013, 06:25 PM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep I get them too..actually just happened a lil bit ago...I got em a lot with my last pregnancy too!

March 21st, 2013, 06:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This one keeps coming and going and it's been over an hour. It sucks. I keep needing to make sudden movements to prevent my DD from killing herself I need to just lie down for 10 minutes but it ain't happening...

March 21st, 2013, 08:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes I get them all the time specially when I'm laying on my left side. At first it freaked me out but then learned its normal.

March 22nd, 2013, 07:00 AM
Super Mommy
oh yeah, it happens pretty much daily now..mostly in the mornings. since i've been laying down all night if i stand too much in the morning it happens. but with a 15 month old, it's hard not to get up too much! i do try to sit if it happens though. as far as i know it's normal (and it happened with my 1st pregnancy too)
March 22nd, 2013, 07:22 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm glad someone posted about this. I get them often at night right when i'm trying to fall asleep. I feel like my heart is pounding in my head. Last night I was positive I was going to have an anxiety attack and thats why it was happening. Good to hear it's happening to others

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
March 22nd, 2013, 09:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Finally last night I called my parents for help since M was going INSANE and I just kept feeling weak and dizzy and horrible and getting more heart pounding, it was not going away and starting to freak me out. Went over there and once M was supervised and I got to lie on the couch uninterrupted, I did a little Hypnobabies finger drop exercise to relax and breathe slowly and deeply, and 10 minutes later I felt 100% fine. Gah... no wonder this was never an issue in my first pregnancy... lol.

March 22nd, 2013, 11:36 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been having this for weeks. At one point I even went to the dr about it because it was freaking me out. They said it was panic attacks and the only thing to do was to breathe slowly through it and wait for it to stop. I've noticed when I start feeling that pounding and then the shortness of breath, I just close my eyes and take some long deep breaths. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. With two little ones, I don't really have the option to lay down and rest so it's the best I can do.

March 22nd, 2013, 05:30 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I've had them occasionally my whole life, but I get it often when I'm pregnant. I think it's the increased blood volume when pregnant.
March 22nd, 2013, 08:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This has been happening to me more and more lately as well. At my job I mop a large area at the end of the night and sometimes I have to rush through it in order to get out on time. In the last week or so I have had to stop and pant for a minute before continuing. I'm not supposed to start mopping until a certain time but I think I'm going to move that time on up so that I can slow down more.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

March 22nd, 2013, 10:48 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I get them all the time now. I started getting them with my last pregnancy which landed me with an ekg, wearing a heart holster and doing a heart stress test. Everything looked fine. I can't remember what it's called now, but it's common in pregnancy. It still scares me when I think my heart is going to skip a beat and forget to start again.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search