AHHHHHHHH! Major vent!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2013, 10:53 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were all set to close on our new house today and had a truck and help lined up to get all moved today and tomorrow. We have to be completely out of our current house (cleaned and everything) by Easter. All we have heard about our closing to this point is that we're good to go. We even had the internet/tv/phone service disconnected yesterday and an appointment to have it installed in the new house today. On Wednesday night, the lender informs us that they screwed up and unless they can get it fixed, no closing today. We were supposed to close at 11 this morning. Yesterday the guy tells us to push it back to 5pm to buy him more time, but assured me that getting us closed today was "the number one priority in his life right now." This afternoon, he emails us and tells us he may not be able to get this fixed until next Wednesday at the earliest and he would be leaving the office at 1:30 today. (I already got the out of office reply from him at 1:00 when I emailed him to tell him that this is unacceptable.)

I really can't stand people who don't know how to do their jobs, who screw you over and don't care, and most of all, I hate liars. I don't know how we are possibly going to get things done before we have to be out of our current house. We both have to work next week. And DH works from home most days, which requires internet, which we do not have right now and which can't be reconnected at our current house without us being charged. I am soooooo angry. I have yelled at everyone I can think of and I still feel like I am going to lose my mind! So not a good idea to piss off a pregnant woman. I fully plan on posting a furious review everywhere on the internet I can find if a miracle doesn't happen and this doesn't close today. I am at my parents' house right now since everything we own is in boxes and was ready to be loaded into a truck first thing this morning. Work stuff is packed, clothes are packed, cooking everything is packed. UGH!

Sorry, I just had to vent. This is so not OK...

March 22nd, 2013, 10:56 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so sorry this is happening! What a horribly frustrating situation. I remember the closing on our place being delayed MULTIPLE times because of issues with our lender and the mortgage etc. and it was such a PITA. Luckily we weren't in a position where moving on a certain date was essential. I hope you get everything figured out soon and that you can move in sooner than anticipated

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
March 22nd, 2013, 11:06 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I used to work in real estate and this is such a common problem. I've once offered up my house for a client who had no other place to go when their closing was delayed.
March 22nd, 2013, 11:54 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This does not give me hope for us to close on time. And we still have 3 weeks until we're supposed to close.

I can't even imagine how frustrated and angry you are. Hugs hun

#1, 4, 5, 7
March 22nd, 2013, 01:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hoping to hear some really good news soon from you.

March 22nd, 2013, 02:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yikes! Sounds like you have a pretty crappy lender It should not be like that sometimes a 1day delay if paperwork can't be completed since ts a friday but 3 biz days....he clearly didn't have his **** together!! Clear to close means nothing else needs to be done. I'm sorry you are going through this. Hang in there

March 22nd, 2013, 02:47 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry! That sucks big time!

March 22nd, 2013, 03:01 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So the guy tells us we're good to go, we get to the closing table and he and the builder are in a fight about paperwork. Long story short, no closing today. We are switching to the builder's lender, which will take another week to close. So we will have 3 days of a holiday weekend to get closed and completely moved and have the old house cleaned. I am ready to blow. I just started bawling like a baby and cursing like a sailor (and I normally do NOT use bad language at all). I can't believe we are dealing with this. It has absolutely nothing to do with us. We did everything right, had our credit in perfect line, our certified check for closing costs, everything. And we are completely screwed. And I know that most of our moving help won't be available next week because of the holiday. SO LIVID!

March 22nd, 2013, 03:30 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
UGH that stinks so bad!! I am so sorry!

March 22nd, 2013, 07:14 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I'm so sorry hon. I wish they could get things straightened out. I hope it happens quickly so you can everything done in time. Hugs

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search