No-Nonsense

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ashleykathleen
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 2 Post By sunnydaze

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Rochelle
Have you been accused of having a chip on your shoulder or just being more "No-nonsense" in general?

My mom informed me today that I've become a force to be reckoned with and semi-scary. I feel it's more that I'm getting older and tired of putting up with people's bull-honkey.

Has pregnancy made you harder or softer or are you the same as always?
March 25th, 2013, 05:37 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been told a lot that I'm a beeyatch when pregnant. I don't see it that way. Pregnancy makes me not able to tolerate anybody's crap so I will frequently call someone out on it. I think because I am normally so laid back, it comes off as super witchy in comparison.
D&K's_mama likes this.

March 25th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Super Mommy
well, yes, if you ask my husband lol. i suppose i do take any/all frustrations out on him ((poor guy)) i have very little patience for bs while pregnant and since i'm mostly just around him and my son i tend to lash out at my hubby. i try to tell him its just hormornes and i usually do feel justified but if not i will apologize
March 25th, 2013, 05:53 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am actually nicer pregnant lol. This baby has made me super happy (which is weird because my last pregnancy I was very irritated and depressed the whole time). So not this time!

March 25th, 2013, 06:06 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Depends on who I'm with. With my family I am very no-nonsense anyway. DH says that I'm a B**** when pregnant. Eh, probably. With friends and at work I am the total opposite. My good friends know I don't put up with crap from family though
March 25th, 2013, 06:54 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
My BS tolerance has gone WAAY down this pregnancy. I think I've been pretty good about not being a total *****, but I definitely put up with a lot less than before.
March 25th, 2013, 08:05 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am just so incredibly grumpy when I'm pregnant! I have no patience for anyone. My sister says I make an evil pregnant lady. She's probably right, lol. I had to get off Facebook because everyone's constant complaining was making me even more grouchy than usual.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

March 25th, 2013, 09:08 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am a total hard a** even when not pregnant. I always call people on their BS and i always speak my mind...which means if I think someones being a B or idiotic I make no bones about it and will tell someone to their face how i feel. I get that from my german gran...you did NOT mess with her. Ive always had her spitfire. It may sound weird but without a doubt I am the boss of most of my family. My parents. My brothers. They all treat me as the family matriarch pretty much.
My last pregnancy I was a raving B. Crazy. Not even kidding. I chucked a hot pan at my DH one night when preg...I missed. But I just would get insane mad where I wanted to hurt him. Poor guy.
This pregnancy I cried alot in the beginning. And I am extra lovey to DH. He still does things to piss me off naturally but he is amused by how easygoing and extra lovey I am to him. Hahaha Hes no pushover either his personality is just as strong as mine so we butt heads ALOT. But it takes a strong man to deal with me. Lol a leo and a scorpio...we are fiery for sure.
sunnydaze likes this.

March 26th, 2013, 05:01 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This pregnancy has turned me into a dithering, indecisive, ninny. I can't make a decision to save my life, and I feel like I'm always crying, backing away from a confrontation, or just feeling overall fragile and vulnerable.

March 26th, 2013, 07:07 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This pregnancy has def made me super grouchy! Normally I'm laid back and don't say a whole lot but since being preggo this time I can be just plain mean!

March 26th, 2013, 07:39 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
I think I have a lot less patience and tolerance for annoying people and things. I think my tolerance has gone down in general as I've gotten older, but I think lately I have felt (slightly) more comfortable with expressing when I have reached my limit.

March 26th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
In general, I am a bold person who doesn't have any issue with confrontation at all. When certain people set my BS meter off too much, I just stop dealing with them entirely. I don't waste time and energy arguing with them.

"Ain't Nobody Got Time Fo Dat!" - Sweet Brown

My sister says I'm bitter. My mom says I hold a grudge and need to learn how to forgive. I think people just need to stop being a-holes. Why subject myself, and my family to the drama when it is so much easier to just not allow it in my life in the first place?

I am not a crier. I only cry when pregnant or when I'm really really angry. Like I have so much anger inside of me, it leaks out of my eyes because my mouth can't run fast enough.

I have a gf who cries every time she has a bad day and I don't don't understand it. The tears solve nothing. They are not productive.

I suppose I should work on my tolerance for other people's stupidity and make myself a better person. But I would rather just surround myself with people of quality instead. Which I have.
MamaSkunk and crawmommy like this.

March 26th, 2013, 08:20 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm generally a laid back person with the occasional crying spree. This pregnancy has increased my crying episodes and decreased my tolerance for certain things. SO says I've been doing fine mood-wise, but he's not dumb enough to say otherwise. haha. I think I've stayed pretty much the same as before except for the extra crying. My mom says I'm very no-nonsense with my niece and nephew, even when not pregnant. It seems I have even less tolerance now when they're acting up.

March 26th, 2013, 08:38 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaze View Post
I have a gf who cries every time she has a bad day and I don't don't understand it. The tears solve nothing. They are not productive.

I suppose I should work on my tolerance for other people's stupidity and make myself a better person. But I would rather just surround myself with people of quality instead. Which I have.
Haha Ditto and Ditto!! Ahhh Tania see another reason why I knew from Day 1 that your awesome

March 26th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
Haha Ditto and Ditto!! Ahhh Tania see another reason why I knew from Day 1 that your awesome

March 27th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Everyone knows I do not put up with crap for anyone normally...some may call me a big ol' B but I don't care! I'm not a crier unless it comes to really sad things like unexpected death and military related things. During pregnancy I think both sides are heightened. My patience are short lived and I yell more than normal...these poor babies!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search