Pushed to the limit

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had a cigarette since I quit in November. I never wanted one as badly as I do right now because my son is being a lazy hardheaded half-assed pubescent pain.

Some animals eat their young. Now I know why.

March 26th, 2013, 03:16 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Hugs Hun! I hope it gets better.

March 26th, 2013, 03:27 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs! My mom recently picked up smoking again (she had quit for several years) thanks to my 17 year old brother. He's an idiot and is trying to repeat all my mistakes and then some so my mom feels like a complete failure and just started back smoking one day out of stress. I feel so bad I wish there was something I could do

Not really sure what the point of this was other than you aren't alone. Pubescent teens and pre-teens in general suck, in my experience

March 26th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
he is just driving me crazy tonight

March 26th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hang in there. You can make it. Your little girl needs your clean air. We are here to support you.

March 26th, 2013, 06:57 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs Tania!! Your doing great. I know its hard to quit. But it gets loads easier with time. I am 1 year 3 months cig free. I picked up after DD even tho i quit during my pregnancy. Im just done for good now. At first I quit while preg with DD cuz I was preg. And when i started again I never smoked around her but I just got to a point where the cost and that I wanna see DD get married n have kids etc. Helped alot.

March 27th, 2013, 08:56 AM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
I hear ya hun. i quit 2 weeks before I found out I was pregant. It was hard...and still is so i feel your pain. I really hope to remain smoke free after baby comes too.
March 27th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
I quit smoking then started back when my mom died. I quit again and it has been hard this pregnancy to deal with the urges sometimes. I have a 17 year old son that has a son and a 14 year old so i know how frustrating teens can be boys exspecialy. Hang in there hun it wont last forever it gets easier as the weeks pass by.
March 27th, 2013, 03:44 PM
First time mommy :)
I hear ya too!! I quit in August and sometimes all I want is a smoke I even dream I'm smoking sometimes!
March 28th, 2013, 07:22 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
My son will be 15 in May and drives me nuts most of the time. I try to stay calm but it is hard sometimes!! stay strong!

March 28th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He sprung a last minute book report on me that was 10 pages long. I spent 6 hours helping him over the span of two days, even wrote 70% of the book report for him and all he had to do was copy it down in his own handwriting onto the paper.

(Don't judge me!)

He kept being lazy and skipping sentences and not using capital letters to start sentences or even periods at the end of them...

THEN HE HAD THE NERVE to cry when I made him erase it and it write it correctly.

Seriously?

Yes, I'm your evil mother.

HOW ABOUT you don't HIDE the fact that you have a book report coming up when you've known about it FOR WEEKS!!!!!

I swear he got one pube and lost all common sense!

March 28th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow - 10 pages. I have a 4th grader and his book reports are only 2 typed pages. I am not sure how I would even come up with enough info for 10 pages.

One thing I love re: our kids school. They have to write all their work in their planners. I peek at their planners every night. We also get notified of long term projects. That way I can nag him all along.

March 28th, 2013, 10:12 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
My son is famous for telling me about things at the last second, or usually, after they are already past due... He usually just refuses to do any work at all, or the least amount humanly possible! Now that he is finishing up 9th grade we are just hoping he can graduate high school and find something that interests him in life, because it is definately not school!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search