Bahhh (annoyed rant)

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Joanne Nicole
  • 1 Post By Madison.Hailey.Zack
  • 1 Post By crawmommy
  • 2 Post By ~Traci~

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2013, 11:15 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so annoyed! I teach Zumba at the Y and I have to wear their uniform shirt when I teach. It sucks, but I've gotten over having to wear it. I have ONE shirt and have had the same ONE shirt for over a year. Even when I was teaching 6 classes a week MINIMUM, I only had ONE shirt. Well, said shirt is now much too tight. I went to my boss over a month ago and said, "I really need a new shirt of a different style because this one is starting to get snug and I know that soon it isn't going to fit." She says ok, I try on some shirts and she was going to order me a super huge men's shirt that I can tie on the side and loosen as I get bigger. She tells me she will have it in a week. Two weeks go by, no shirt. I ask about it and she says, "oh, I should be able to have it this Friday or next." I say ok, assuming she probably forgot to order it. Two more weeks go by, still no shirt. It's now been a month and I am stretched to the max in the one I have. I ask again. I get the same "this Friday or next" speech. Finally this past Friday she tells me my shirt will be there on Monday. I tell her I will come early before my class on Tuesday to pick it up. I get there and she is nowhere to be found, so I texted her. I don't hear back until after class (good thing I brought the other one with me!) and she tells me they sent the wrong one. Ughhhh. So now, she is going to TRY to exchange it on Friday, but with the way it's been going I'm not holding my breath. I seriously don't know if I can squeeze into the one I have for another week, so I really hope she does get it on Friday. I feel extra huge and unattractive in a shirt that is way too tight. Not to mention uncomfortable. It rides up on my stomach when I teach. Ughh, so annoying! My husband told me to just wear a different shirt, but a) I don't have any to wear because all my non Y workout shirts are now too tight as well and b) I'm not a rule breaker, even though I feel like in this case it would be justified!

Last edited by MissyBee; March 27th, 2013 at 11:18 AM.
March 27th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's ridiculous. If they require you to wear a uniform, it's their responsibility to make sure you have one that fits you. Sorry they're being so stupid, that's a pain.
TeresaV likes this.

March 27th, 2013, 12:36 PM
I know, right? I just don't understand why it took so long to get it and I was so glad to finally have it, and then it was the wrong one. I could have cried. Hopefully she will be able to get it on Friday though, which means I would only have to wear the other one one more time. Fingers crossed.
March 27th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Honestly I would go out and get a new one on your own and if anyone says anything just explain that you have waited over a month to get one and are still waiting and you can not preform your job in the original shirt anymore. Its not like you haven't given them way more then enough time to get you a new one. Not to mention you shouldn't have had to go this far with only 1 shirt either.
sunnydaze likes this.

March 27th, 2013, 01:08 PM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can you wear a maternity cami underneath? Something that would cover your belly?

March 27th, 2013, 03:26 PM
I wear a shirt underneath anyway, because it's a tank top and the top part is ridiculously huge. I'm not sure who they made these things for.

I'm going to give her one more week. If she doesn't have it by then, I'm wearing something else until I get a new shirt.
March 27th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You must just break the rule and wear a tank top. Done deal.
TeresaV likes this.

March 27th, 2013, 04:44 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I wouldn't deal with that crap at all.

March 27th, 2013, 06:44 PM
I know, I know. I should. And I might. Haha.
March 27th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Super Mommy
I'm not generally a rule breaker either, but this isn't right. I would just go get a comfortable shirt and wear it. It is not your fault.
TeresaV and sunnydaze like this.
March 27th, 2013, 11:08 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It would be one thing if they provided you, in a timely manner, a new shirt but in your circumstances, I would totally break rules...I'm a rule breaker anyways, so easy for me to say...BUT still, totally unacceptable on your boss' end...so I wouldn't' feel bad wearing something that is comfortable.

March 28th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Bring your own shirt and give her a look that dares her to say something.

March 29th, 2013, 07:22 AM
id find out who is above her and complain to them about the situation. that is just totally uncalled for.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search