had my appt today

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By crawmommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Had a great appointment today. 28 weeks tomorrow, Baby A measured 2lbs8oz up 1lb1oz from a month ago and Baby B measured 2lbs11oz up 13oz from last month. One baby is head down on my right side and the other is sideways head by the other baby and feet curls up. Together they are in a 'J' position. Both looked good. I guess I was having a contraction a few times during the initial u/s and when the high risk dr's came in to do another u/s & look everything over for themselves. They asked me if I was cramping and I couldn't feel anything so whatever I guess.

I also got to tour the labor & delivery and the post partum rooms. The labor rooms are HUGE twice the size of the hospital I delivered dd in. all rooms labor & pp have jetted tubs. They do not take the babies out of the at all unless for some reason they are not doing well, you request it or circumcision and if they need to take the babies dad gets to go with anywhere. They have different sections in l & d for high risk, OR, rooms for moms going to have C-sections and then normal rooms. I guess they also said depending on the situation they put moms in the OR rooms for laboring if a C-section is possible bc the rooms have regular delivery beds that convert to operating beds which I thought was interesting.

I got cleared to travel to Wisconsin Dells end of April which is 3.5 hours away as long as my cervix is still closed at my 32 week u/s but I cannot go on any water rides and the dr. wasn't even crazy about the lazy river but we will see!

Oh and the best part is I passed my glucose test with a 93!!!!!!! I am so excited!!! My iron was low a 33 they said at 32 they require extra iron supplements but I just need to eat more spinach and meat.

March 28th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Rochelle
Yay! SO happy things are going well
March 28th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What a great day!

March 28th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay for passing your glucose test and a great appointment!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
March 29th, 2013, 01:45 AM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
YAY for a great appointment!
March 29th, 2013, 05:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh and I forgot to mention that dd went with me yesterday and she thought it was pretty cool to see her baby brother and sister and she calls them Melted my heart when she was waving at them!

March 29th, 2013, 06:59 AM
that's awesome!! glad things are going great for you!
March 29th, 2013, 07:38 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww yay DDB Im so glad they are doing so well. And I am glad they are packing on the weight! Woohoo for 28 weeks. Hopefully you were just having mild BH.

March 29th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
Awww yay DDB Im so glad they are doing so well. And I am glad they are packing on the weight! Woohoo for 28 weeks. Hopefully you were just having mild BH.
Thanks..next milestone 32 weeks! Yeah I'm sure they were just bh...the crazy part is I have never really felt bh by myself and couldnt tell I was in labor last time for awhile So I hope this time is different.

March 29th, 2013, 07:48 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad your apt went well!!!

March 29th, 2013, 07:50 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bet that the glucose test is what caused the contractions now that i think about it. Drink some extra water tho just in case. And Fingers crossed for the next milestone of 32 weeks!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search