Hiding Easter Eggs

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Which do you hide?
Real 1 5.56%
Fake 11 61.11%
Both 5 27.78%
Neither 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2013, 10:08 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Do you hide the real eggs that the kids dyed, or fake ones filled with goodies? What about when you were a kid?

March 29th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Rochelle
Can't remember about it when I was a kid but for our kids, we hide both. This yr we have a child coming over and he has some kind of food allergy they just realized and his dr appointment is next week. His mom is pretty sure it's candy/sweets related so I offered to just fill the plastic eggs with stickers and I may do quarters in them too or something else I come up with. I'm not a fan o small plastic toys. After he's gone home, we can have some candy. It's not worth him feeling left out just to have candy inside of plastic eggs. We try not to do a lot of candy anyways.
March 29th, 2013, 10:42 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
We always found real eggs as a kid, at least from what I remember lol. When we did Easter at my parents house a couple of weeks ago, I hid real eggs for Connor. I got up early and pulled them out of the fridge to hide before he got up. This weekend we'll be doing fake, plastic eggs at the in laws. So, it made me wonder what's the norm?

March 29th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bribugg13 View Post
So, it made me wonder what's the norm?
I think plastic eggs are becoming more and more the norm bc I've heard ppl say they're worried about not finding all of the real ones and them stinking or inviting unwanted critters into their yard. We just make sure to count all of ours before hiding them so we make sure we got them all. However, if we didn't we wouldn't care bc we live in the country and we don't care.
March 29th, 2013, 10:51 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We always did real eggs growing up. We did real with Jaleigh until last year...Kiefer is so rough and destructive, he destroyed all the eggs he found the first round of hiding. So, for at least the next few years, we will be doing fake eggs.

March 29th, 2013, 12:26 PM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
We always did fake eggs when I was a kid, and when we do egg hunts for our kids now, we use fake eggs.

March 29th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We found the real eggs with our names in our baskets and a mix of real and fake outside as kids. I think we will do real eggs in the baskets and fake outside for dd

March 29th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We always did real ones as kids. I am going to boil eggs tomorrow and dye some with Alex for him to find on Sunday

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

March 29th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Veteran
Normally we hide both. However this year I think they will all be in and around their baskets in the house as its still horribly wintering outside!! Grrr

March 30th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I was a kid we did both fake and real eggs. This is the first year that we've dyed eggs with DD though, I think it would have just been too messy prior to this year. So previously we've only hidden fake eggs for her, but this year we're going to do both.

And then I'm going to make devilled eggs out of them for Easter Dinner, lol. Yum.

March 30th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
We hide fake ones with change in them.

March 30th, 2013, 07:02 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As a kid my parents never hid easter eggs for me but a few times we had hunts at my aunts house. And she used fake filled with candy or coins.
For DD we use fake for the hunt. And the real we make deviled eggs with.

March 30th, 2013, 07:31 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We did both as a kid but now we do plastic.

March 30th, 2013, 07:58 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We did real ones as a kid, though my mom put the plastic ones in our baskets (which she also hid) and filled those with jellybeans and m&m's. We live in an apartment so I just dyed a few and hid them around the living room for DD to find this morning (I have to work tomorrow morning, boo.) I also made up baskets with plastic ones for DD and my niece and we'll be taking them to my inlaw's house for after dinner tomorrow.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

March 31st, 2013, 05:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We fill fake ones with coins that lead the kids to their basket. My DH is one of 7 kids (and the last one). All of our kids cousins are a lot older (like out of college with their own kids). Now that the nephews and nieces have kids, I am filling fake eggs with little candies for a hunt for everyone. I love seeing the kids run all over the yard. (I know, Ellianna will be younger than my DH's great nieces.).

March 31st, 2013, 06:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We did fake ones when I was a kid and we do fake ones for my SS and nephew. We did a little egg hunt for them yesterday and then DH and I put some around the downstairs for this morning. Now he just needs to wake up.
March 31st, 2013, 09:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
we always do real eggs outside. But Sebastian was sick and Alex went to a friends house and we never got to dye eggs this year. So I cheated and did the plastic ones....plus its unseasonably cold, so we did our egg hunt indoors.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search