Organized

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2013, 09:40 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Are you an organized person? Have you been more organized now that you are a mother?

April 2nd, 2013, 10:41 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Very. I am a Virgo and while I don't follow astrology closely, I definitely fit the description! I don't have crazy schedules written out or anything because DD isn't in school and doesn't have a lot of planned activities. She is on a pretty strict schedule as far as sleep times and routines go, though. My house is also very organized, though DH is a slob so it's hard to keep up. Everything has a place. Henry's clothes have been washed and put away in his desser since I was like 22 weeks. I have a long spring cleaning list, and my favorite thing to do in the entire world is reorganize toys and rearrange furniture. I love living in a small space because as DD grows and her interests change I have lots of new organizational challenges. I just did a big purge the other day and it felt so good! I can't wait until Henry outgrows some of the old toys we've been saving for him forever because he's our last baby and we don't have to keep all that stuff anymore!

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

April 3rd, 2013, 05:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Not as much as I would like. It is crazy since I am type A.

April 3rd, 2013, 06:11 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have always been pretty organized and becoming a mom helped a little. We have started homeschooling our oldest and that has made me very organized. Although I have not been to good about getting things ready for this little girl. We just went and bought some stuff for her yesterday and I still have totes to go through of cloth diapers. I am actually getting a little stressed thinking about all that we still have to do.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
April 3rd, 2013, 06:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am organized in everything but housework LOL. We have synchronized schedules on our phones and my paperwork is immaculate.

I am currently organizing everyone's clothes now.

April 3rd, 2013, 06:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I like to be organized but Im not good at it My mind is too all over the place (the gemini In me)

April 3rd, 2013, 07:52 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I try to be in some aspects but not very good at it. I've always been this way.

April 3rd, 2013, 08:25 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Recently, I've become more interested in being more organized. Especially since, soon, we'll be in our new house and I can just start from the beginning there. Before the move, I am purging a good bit of DD's toys as she has way too many (and her bday is in July). I don't have any toys to save for Aidan because I had three friends have babies from Dec '11 to May '12, so I gave all of DD's baby age toys away. But every two or three months I will go through DD's clothes and pull out what doesn't fit her (my friend's almost 11 month old fits in 18 months and up already so it all goes to her). I have big organization plans for once we move though.

#1, 4, 5, 7
April 3rd, 2013, 08:36 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
In some areas of my life I am pretty organized, but other areas I am confused and scatterbrained! I think it depends on the subject and/or how easy it is to keep organized in that area! I think being a mom has not changed my organizational skills too much- I think I might be less organized and more overwhelmed actually!

April 3rd, 2013, 10:32 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not an organized person at all. I am very unorganized. I have good intentions to organize things but I never get around to it lol

April 3rd, 2013, 10:37 AM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
I have to be organized. I was a super messy kid. Sometime in high school I did a 180. Now I'm ocd. My brain is such a... hurricane all the time that having a clean organized bubble around me when my head is so turbulent is like therapy. Being clean and organized is something I can control, so, of course, I take it overboard!
April 3rd, 2013, 12:02 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am very organized but not to the point of OCD or anything. When I was living with my dad and stepmom growing up, I developed my need for cleanliness and order because my stepmom is a pack rat and very unorganized. Our house wasn't ever hoarders disgusting or anything, just very cluttered and it drove me crazy!

April 3rd, 2013, 12:09 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Nope. I'm a Virgo to the extreme, which basically means I'm OCD about being a perfectionist. Except the problem is that I know my house and life can't keep up with how my mind wants everything to be so I give up. DH has ADD and is super messy. Add two kids to my jumbled house. When it comes to organizing, it is beyond overwhelming because there is no way it can be as apotless as I want it to be, so I hide in bed and avoid it all together. This is kind of the mindset of hoarders, so it worries me a little.
April 3rd, 2013, 03:04 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't use to be. Well actually that is partly a lie.... I would be fine with it being disorganized up to a certain point and then it would get to me and I would go crazy organizing everything. But we are packing all of us into a tiny 2 bedroom apartment so I have taken up organizing like a mad woman. It is the only way I can feel comfortable and able to relax.

April 3rd, 2013, 04:27 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you look up obsessive compulsive in the dictionary, I'm sure my picture is there. I have always been extremely organized, and now it's just taken on a whole new level of ridiculousness. It drives me crazy some times, like trying to get the nursery ready. The fact that DH put the dresser together today and knowing I have a load of baby laundry in the dryer ready to put away is killing me right now, but my back hurts so I'm relaxing for a bit before getting into it.

April 3rd, 2013, 04:49 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Not at all. I WANT to be, but I just don't have the organization gene, I guess. I get all excited when I get one small part of my life truly organized, and then I look around and realize how minimal it is. I try to be better, and have gotten better in the last couple of years, but I don't know if I'll ever be one of those truly "with it" people.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search