Lurkers/not as active members/busy ladies

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2013, 10:34 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
How are you ladies? There are several who seem to be missing, give us an update I hope you ladies are doing well!

April 3rd, 2013, 05:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I try to post once or twice a day. I was keeping really busy with life and getting ready for baby here around the house. But it was as if I hit the 3rd trimester and someone slammed the brakes on.

I have a short torso and not a lot of room for baby girl to live in, so my guts are constantly being smashed up under my ribs and I overexerted myself and pulled a groin muscle. I am unhappy with my pregnancy right now and don't want to dump it all on everyone here. I am also having terrible body image issues.

Plus Alex has a stomach bug AGAIN! Like seriously....my kid is never this sick. What gives? Sebastian started spring soccer and it is also spring break here.

Thats about it.

April 3rd, 2013, 05:35 AM
lalap's Avatar Super Teacher
Hey, all! Most everything is well here. Starting to feel movement almost every night! I actually had a question I was about to post. Look for a separate thread!
April 3rd, 2013, 06:22 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel like I'm on here all the time, but I haven't been posting much lately...so I guess that makes me a lurker.

I've had a cold for about a week (I'd feel so much better if I could just take some DayQuil!) and then a few days ago DD and DH came down with it as well. Which, as you mommies know, means that my sick time is over. No time for mommy to be sick when anyone else is!

I'm almost 32 weeks now. My mood has been kind of funny lately. I have no desire to finish the nursery or baby shop or really do anything baby related. I'm kind of feeling detached from this pregnancy lately, while at the same time being reminded of it constantly because of how uncomfortable I am. Hopefully I'll get over this mood soon and be back to being excited about the baby.

I have an appointment with my midwife this afternoon. Just a regular check in, no big news there.

I guess that's about it.

April 3rd, 2013, 06:35 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I come by once a day but I may not posts every time. Everything here is good. I have my GD test next friday.

April 3rd, 2013, 08:09 AM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm doing OK. Been busy with work and getting married and trying to get baby's "nursery " set up as all we have are clothes right now

April 3rd, 2013, 08:19 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm here, just super busy. I try to post every now and then. I'm so tired all the time so it's been hard to get stuff done. I still haven't packed most of the house and after this saturday, I'll only have MORE to pack..

#1, 4, 5, 7
April 3rd, 2013, 09:10 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm here. Just been sick so havent been posting as much.

April 3rd, 2013, 09:34 AM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
I've been kinda busy lately. dd and I went with the hubs to a conference in Hilton Head and I've been in and out of town helping my brother out. I'm actually leaving this afternoon to travel to stay with him because he's having surgery tomorrow morning. Then... at some point in the next three or four weeks I'll be going down to Mississippi for a week. I'm hating all the traveling because I am so overwhelmingly uncomfortable. I drove the two hours from my house to Hilton Head last week and when I got out of the car I thought I was going to die because my back was hurting so bad. I have no idea how I'm going to make a trip from Charleston SC to Mississippi and I have yet to figure out how I'm going to tell my overbearing mother that it might not be possible.
Ugh.
I passed my glucose screening. My nurse actually called me exclaiming how perfect it and my iron was and to keep doing what I'm doing. Does that mean I'm still going to be chewed out for not gaining what they think is enough weight?
Nursery is almost done, we have pretty much everything except for a few non-essentials and odds and ends for breastfeeding.
I have to go get a root canal or two in the next few weeks or two, which is pretty normal. When I was a toddler I got super sick, almost died from my fever, went into convulsions and it messed up my permanent teeth which weren't fully formed. My enamel is really weak, no matter how well I take care of my teeth, I always have work to look forward to (not.)
DD chipped her front tooth during a soccer game and she goes this month to get that taken care of... I scheduled for a Friday so that the hubs could take her... I can't handle watching the sedation and shots and stuff.
Babble babble babble...
I hope everyone is well.
April 3rd, 2013, 10:05 AM
I'm glad you ladies are well!

Tania you can always post here about your gripes/pains whatever I guarantee you are not the only one!

April 3rd, 2013, 11:27 AM
Regular
I come on and lurk every day. I love reading about everyone else and how things are going. I know I should post more often.
Anyway, I'm doing really well. I moved from Illinois back to Arizona. That's a long story, but I am finally back with my fiancé and our dogs in our new house. Also, I am so much happier being close to my mom. Since moving back to Arizona I had to get all new insurance which was really stressful, but it is all worked out now and I was able to go to the dr. For the first time since moving. I was only a little over a week over due, but it feels really good to be established with the dr. Here and everything back on track.
I had an appointment on Monday afternoon and they said everything looked great. Baby Bentley was measuring right at 30 weeks which is exactly where I am. We decided to have me start doing physical therapy. I have Spinal Muscular Atrophy, which is a form of Muscular Dystrophy. My muscles have gotten weaker since being pregnant and not able to move around as much, plus, the extra weight makes a huge difference. So now I am using a wheel chair everywhere I go. I can walk around the house a little, but that's about it. We are hoping that physical therapy will help. I'm just glad that I have a supportive fiancé and mom who are always there for me.

At the appointment on Monday they said they wanted to do a third trimester ultrasound. We got to see our little man again yesterday! It all went great. He is 50th percentile on everything. He is head down and everything is right on track
April 3rd, 2013, 11:27 AM
Regular
I come on and lurk every day. I love reading about everyone else and how things are going. I know I should post more often.
Anyway, I'm doing really well. I moved from Illinois back to Arizona. That's a long story, but I am finally back with my fiancé and our dogs in our new house. Also, I am so much happier being close to my mom. Since moving back to Arizona I had to get all new insurance which was really stressful, but it is all worked out now and I was able to go to the dr. For the first time since moving. I was only a little over a week over due, but it feels really good to be established with the dr. Here and everything back on track.
I had an appointment on Monday afternoon and they said everything looked great. Baby Bentley was measuring right at 30 weeks which is exactly where I am. We decided to have me start doing physical therapy. I have Spinal Muscular Atrophy, which is a form of Muscular Dystrophy. My muscles have gotten weaker since being pregnant and not able to move around as much, plus, the extra weight makes a huge difference. So now I am using a wheel chair everywhere I go. I can walk around the house a little, but that's about it. We are hoping that physical therapy will help. I'm just glad that I have a supportive fiancé and mom who are always there for me.

At the appointment on Monday they said they wanted to do a third trimester ultrasound. We got to see our little man again yesterday! It all went great. He is 50th percentile on everything. He is head down and everything is right on track
April 3rd, 2013, 03:18 PM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
I'm a lurker, I'm sorry... I'm working again and I'm super tired chasing after 2 toddlers

We are good here, getting excited for our homebirth..

My best friend is over due right now, so I'm awaiting for her baby to get here. I need a baby to snuggle

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

April 3rd, 2013, 04:29 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am here. I try to check in every few days. I am super busy with work right now and I feel like I only get to think about the pregnancy on the weekend. I am starting to get freaked out at how quickly this is all coming!

April 3rd, 2013, 04:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am here, sorta!! I tend to fly by on my phone and lurk briefly once or twice a day, but often I don't have the time or mental energy to actually respond to anything.

I am doing well overall!! Loving my hypnobabies class and lined up a hypno-doula very excited about that! I have been battling a random tummy virus for a couple days, mild/moderate diarrhea and fatigue and achiness, which of course hit when DH went out of town for a conference, so I have been in survival mode lately hopefully that will clear out ASAP and I will have more time again also when DD starts preschool in 2 weeks (just 2 mornings a week but I am looking forward to the break...)

April 3rd, 2013, 04:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Here. All is actually going well. Good glucose and so far great BP.
Work is full time plus the kids have their activities. Our oldest finished one swim season with champs the week prior to Easter. We just started the new season but the weekends are a little less full.
DH is now painting and we are waiting for furniture to arrive within the next couple of weeks. I went early with our first two children so I am thinking that is a chance again.

April 3rd, 2013, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the updates ladies! Don't feel bad about a busy life and not coming here, I am just glad you are all doing well!

April 3rd, 2013, 07:03 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I stop by every few days. Work is insane and I am exhausted when I get home. I do try to read most posts on my phone but I don't always get to respond.
April 3rd, 2013, 07:14 PM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
I have been here but not posting as much. Super busy with work lately and tired by the time I come home. Doing well for the most part besides a few small man issues loo. 27 weks still not feeling all the movment I thought I would. Staring to get uncomforable and really big lol Im ready for my little guy to come.
April 3rd, 2013, 07:16 PM
~*Kudzu*~'s Avatar ~praying for a miracle~
I'm here! I've been ridiculously busy lately. The home study starts Saturday!! I'm so excited to get this under way. M had an appointment on the 1st and she was measuring a week ahead and everything else looks great! We are currently trying to sell 2 houses, get packed up and ready to move as soon as everything is finalized. Plus, with the sequestration going on and the possibility of being furloughed I'm just a little stressed these days.
So glad to see everyone doing good!! Hopefully thing will settle down soon... for all of us!

10/2001 09/2002 05/2003 01/2011 10/2012

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search