Nesting

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2013, 10:26 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Anyone nesting yet? What little things are driving you crazy?

April 4th, 2013, 03:31 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Not really. I'll go back to part time hours in a few weeks so then I'll be forcing myself to nest. My house is a disaster. I have taken a sudden interest in our yard lately. I'm wondering if that's nesting. I made DH make me raised planters for a veggie garden, buy some flowers, and a pretty arbor to put up. After living here for 6 years, I suddenly want my yard to look pretty
4hearts likes this.
April 4th, 2013, 04:43 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I rearranged my kitchen cupboards. Does that count? lol I don't recall ever really having that nesting urge, but I will have to get busy before long because our house is just a mess right now.
April 4th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, let's just say, our apartment has never been this decluttered in the year and a half we've lived here. The last few weeks I've just gone crazy and cleaned/organized every room.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
April 4th, 2013, 05:52 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Unfortunately I have not started nesting yet. Probably gonna have to force myself to tho soon.

April 4th, 2013, 06:38 AM
lalap's Avatar Super Teacher
I've started doing dishes (which I never used to do). Suddenly the way my husband cleans the kitchen just isn't up to snuff for me. Haha. The rest of the house is still a disaster though.
April 4th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want so badly to nest but we should be moving in a few weeks so it makes no sense whatsoever. If only I could turn that nesting bug into a packing bug, I'd be on top of things.

#1, 4, 5, 7
April 4th, 2013, 07:04 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlechicksteph View Post
Well, let's just say, our apartment has never been this decluttered in the year and a half we've lived here. The last few weeks I've just gone crazy and cleaned/organized every room.
I will buy you a plane ticket to Dallas!
MommaMandaPanda89 likes this.
April 4th, 2013, 09:38 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have started a bit but not nearly as much as I would like to. I have decluttered the living room and dining room as well as cleaned all the baseboards and wooden blinds in those rooms. I've started trying to tackle the kitchen but my motivation has been lacking the last week or so as sleeping usually sounds like a better alternative lately.

April 4th, 2013, 09:53 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Baseboards are driving me crazy and my master closet omg it's a mess! It needs to be tackled!

April 4th, 2013, 11:50 AM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
haha, um, negatory. I'm not a nester. Not even a little. With DS I did his laundry put it away and was done. It's the same for this LO. I haven't done it yet, waiting on buying a new dresser, but as long as I do it before she comes I'm fine.

April 4th, 2013, 01:48 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been nesting almost this entire pregnancy.. and honestly it is driving me a little nuts! I feel like I need to follow my 2 yr old around with a broom and clorox wipe EVERYWHERE lol. Last pregnancy it didn't hit until the week I delivered.

Right now I want to go on a massive de-clutter and get rid of all the crap we don't use to goodwill. I have been bugging DH to help me do that for weeks and weeks.

April 4th, 2013, 02:07 PM
First time mommy :)
Yes! I have cleaned my bedroom and rearranged baby's furniture 4 times now. And every single day I am washing every dish, wiping every surface, and sweeping every speck of dust or dog hair off the floor. I cleaned out and organized my entire closet today....I can't get things organized enough it seems. Especially living with my parents because they just leave a trail everywhere they go!
April 4th, 2013, 02:20 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm always nesting.

I don't ever feel that urgent, unusual need to clean All The Things because I'm sort of a neat freak as it is. I did go a little overboard around 22 weeks and set up/organized ALL of the baby things, so if he came today the only thing we'd need is the carseat. Clothes are all organized, diapers prepped. DH needs to finish putting together the crib; it's been sitting half-done for weeks because he put the wrong screws in the back, stripped them and got them stuck so now he has to go but more longer screws to get the front rail on. Why do they refuse to READ THE MANUAL first?! Ahem. Anyway...

I made a spring cleaning list but haven't done much on it. It's not stuff that absolutely has to get done, but if I get a wild streak I might move some kitchen appliances and scrub the floors underneath, that sort of thing. My MIL will be coming over a lot and she has a tendency to do stuff like that--take apart the fridge and scrub it down, etc. I don't want her to think we're slobs so I'm gonna do it first so it's not so bad.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

April 4th, 2013, 02:24 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Only in the baby's room thus far, but I'm sure it will come.

April 4th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am sort of pre-nesting... making lists and stuff. Once DD starts preschool I will start going through my list. I am itching to steam mop all the floors and also wash the couch cushion covers, they have yogurt stains and random toddler stains all over. I also finally got our old nice wingback chair reupholstered, which makes me feel great whenever I look at it, that was on my list for YEARS I will not set up any gear until May though. No reason to clutter up our tiny house prematurely.

April 4th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
It hasnt set in yet but the bins of clothes from the girls and the extra bigger stuff that we need to get rid of from the girls thats sitting in my hallway right now is driving me nuts!!! I want to have a garage sale already to get rid of it all.

April 4th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think im the opposite of nesting right now!

April 4th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been off and on nesting. I went through a huge de-cluttering phase and now that that's over I feel sort of in limbo. I want to get things done but there are a few things my DH needs to take care of before it can happen. Like putting up the storage shelves in the kids bath and the closet organizer.
April 4th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Rochelle
Uhmm, in my head I am but I haven't gotten to much of it. I've had such a hard time maintaining simple things like the dishes/laundry and bathroom that i haven't gotten to the huge tasks at hand. My bedroom has a lot of storage from the kids hand-me-downs and keep-sakes as well as other clothing items and such. It's an absolute pigsty in there and I have avoided it like the plague. My laundry situation is sooo bad that i dare not attempt any other huge projects for the time being. DH has finally started helping though so maybe we'll get things done faster. I'm sooo ready to have this place in tip-top shape so I can try to enjoy the end of this pg in case it's my last and even if it's not.

Last edited by 4hearts; April 4th, 2013 at 07:12 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search