28w6d and lost my mucus plug this morning

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2013, 03:49 AM
Mommy to Be
Alrighty, this is my first pregnancy that has come this far and this.morning I wiped and it looked like a blob of snot so I called my obgyn office and the on call doctor called back and said its my mucus plug and asked if it was a lot and when my next appt is (which is the 16th) and then asked if I was having contractions which I dont feel like I am and said it was normal and to call if I lose more or if I have contractions. So I left a message with my regular ob to call when he gets in because they havent checked my cervix since like my first appt and im kind of creaking out. Has this happened to anyone else yet? Or have you lost it early in other pregnancies?

April 5th, 2013, 04:37 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Mucus plugs can regenerate. Did it have blood in it? I hope that it turns out to be nothing. Hugs Hun.

April 5th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I lost mine last week, it was gross...but I'm not really worried about it. I have an appointment today to get checked out.

April 5th, 2013, 05:57 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is something that scares me. I know its normal and can happen any time and things are totally fine, but it would've freaked me out, too! I've heard that some women lose it early and end up going full term anyway.

Good luck and KUP.

April 5th, 2013, 06:27 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is very normal and can regenerate. As long as you are not contracting, it probably is going to be OK. It is also normal for them not to check your cervix until 34-36 weeks during pregnancy.
April 5th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I lost a part of mine a week before my water broke with my oldest but I was also 36 weeks along. I've heard it can grow back and its normal. KUP when you hear back from your doctor.

April 5th, 2013, 10:47 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Both previous pregnancies I have lost my plug a couple weeks before I went into labor. I have also heard it can regenerate but if you feel any contractions I would be for packing it to the hospital to be checked just in case!

April 5th, 2013, 12:50 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With DD I started to lose mine waaaaaaay before I went into labor. I think it was around 35-36 weeks, but she stayed put until 41w 5d. Also, what I thought was "a lot" was NOTHING compared to the amount of stuff I saw once I was really in labor! It's good that you gave your doctor a heads-up, but don't stress too much about it.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

April 5th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I saw my doctor today and he just shrugged and told me to make sure i stay hydrated and that if I start having a lot of braxton hicks to sit my butt down and chill out until they stop.

He said sometimes plugs go but its okay. He didn't seem overly concerned at all.

April 5th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Mommy to Be
His nurse called me back , she said to stay hydrated and as long as ive had no contractions and im not bleeding it is probably fine but if I have any to call again. They also made my move my appointment up to tge 8th instead of the 16th, they were going to take me today but im picky about who I see. she said my cervix is softening and theyll check me out when I come in monday

April 6th, 2013, 06:17 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
Take it easy Be sure to rest and take good care of yourself!

April 7th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I remember with my first pregnancy I didn't start to lose my mucus plug until after my first induction (it failed and I went home, that was at 40/41 weeks). I saw the mucus and thought "Oh wow! There it all is!" Then I went in for my second induction (41 weeks 4 days) and then it actually fell out with all its bloody glory. It was a LOT. I was actually terrified, lol.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

April 10th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Mommy to Be
I went to the doctor Monday and he checked my cervix and I am not dialated at all, and told me just to watch for contractions and bleeding, but said he wasn't worried about it since my cervix is still closed. Then this morning, I did a load of laundry and the dishes and I went to use the bathroom and lost more of it, and it was brownish colored, thankfully I have seen no blood at a yet. It is honestly just freaking me out and I don't like it lol. I kind of feel like it isn't necessary to call the doctors office again, but I have no idea what to do. I'm still working as well, today just happens to be my day off but I don't know if I should be working, he didn't say that I couldn't , and I don't know if I feel comfortable working anymore

April 10th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I lost mine at 28 weeks (there was blood). My cervix is shortening and I've had two FFN tests and both were negative so i've just been told to "take it easy" and be more hyper-vigilant about watching for any signs of pre-term labour. I'm getting less concerned about it as time goes on but it sure was scary when it happened.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
April 10th, 2013, 11:42 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope you're doing well. I'd probably call the doctor just to see if you should take a couple days off work or possibly see if there's a light duty order you can get.

April 10th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would agree with that. It couldn't hurt to rest up a bit :S

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search