Essure

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By loveneverfails

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2013, 02:50 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Has anyone heard of the permanent birth control solution called Essure? I was on my OB's website and saw that they do the procedure. It is an in-office procedure that is supposedly quicker, less painful, with quicker recovery time than a traditional tubal ligation. I have also read some pretty scary horror stories about it. I might question my OB about it at my next appointment.

April 7th, 2013, 04:03 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I've done a little reading on it, but keep forgetting to talk to my doctor about it. I've heard some very good things, and very bad things, about it, so I'm a little hesitant, well that and we haven't decided if we want to go permanent or not. I need to write down to ask my doc, and insurance, about it too.
April 7th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I want to inquire concerning it as an option. We are certain that we are done.

April 7th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've never researched it but a friend of mine had it done. She was one of those people who could sit on a toilet seat and get pregnant (seriously all three of her kids were opps and each of them were a "opps forgot the condom one time" type of night when she and her SO had been drinking) Anyways she had it done and said it was pretty easy, a little uncomfortable. She had no problems after and was back to normal pretty quickly. They did one tube at a time and checked each one to make sure it was blocked. Its worked for her and its been almost 3 years.
TeresaV likes this.
April 7th, 2013, 07:12 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My friend got it after she had her last baby and just recently suffered an ectopic pregnancy because it didn't fully take effect. What I'd do is go ahead and do the procedure but before having unprotected sex get your tubes checked by a fertility doctor its a relatively easy dye and ultrasound process and would put your mind at ease.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search