Never say never

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2013, 07:54 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Btdt moms what is one thing you said you would never do but did/do anyways?
Ftm what is something you think you will never do?

April 7th, 2013, 07:55 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Use a pacifier. My youngest sister used one and I saw how hard it was when my parents tried to break her of it. And luckily my oldest never used one/refused to take one. My second was another story, however. He was colicky and cranky and even though he was never super attached to the pacifier, there were times when it was the ONLY thing to calm him down.
April 8th, 2013, 11:02 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Co-sleep/bedshare. Never had to consider it with my first, but Abri was totally different. She couldn't lay flat because of the reflux an she wouldn't sleep alone. We took shifts the first few weeks sitting up holding her while she slept, but we had to break down and put her in bed. So much better! I won't start off co-sleeping this time but I won't hesitate to change if it means everyone sleeps better
April 8th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Super Mommy
bedsharing...i used to cringe when i heard other moms do it, especially with newborns...but uhh yeah my son is 15 months old and hasn't slept a single night in his crib lol. i love it though, we both sleep much better. i'm concerned about when #2 gets here but i think i'll just keep her in the bassinet right next to me.

and also watching tv...i knew i'd let him watch tv but not this amount. but seriously sometimes the only way to get something done is to give him a snack or meal in front of the tv just so i can take a shower!
April 8th, 2013, 12:49 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't recall any Never's, but life is very different than I said it would be

HMM, I was going to read to him every night before bed (We just started bed time stories)

I was going to limit his TV (Team Umizoomi is always on in the background) he doesn't watch a lot, because he can't sit still, but he watches more than my mind said he would

I would limit his junk food (He gets a flavor pop or piece of candy every evening if he hasn't been naughty)

I would not be a sucker for the pouty face. (I fall for it, every.single.time)

And the list goes on and on and on........
April 8th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I say I'll never bedshare.
April 8th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful2BMommy View Post
I say I'll never bedshare.
This, but also our bedroom will be a child-free zone. Baby will not sleep in there, period. We want clear boundaries: our bedroom is for us, his bedroom is for him.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
April 8th, 2013, 02:47 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlechicksteph View Post
This, but also our bedroom will be a child-free zone. Baby will not sleep in there, period. We want clear boundaries: our bedroom is for us, his bedroom is for him.
we did this and it worked for us
never had a bassinet in their
to this day he refuses to sleep in our bed
even when sick

i cant remember things that i said i wouldnt that we ended up doing

April 8th, 2013, 03:03 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
TV for sure. I always said 30 minutes max a day Yeah, that didn't work out so much....

Pacifiers... I always said I would never allow that, but both of my kids wouldn't calm down without one. Luckily they were both pretty easy to break of it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search