fundal height

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PregnantAtLast

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2013, 08:06 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
been to see the midwife today and my fundal height is measuring 32 weeks, i am only 28+4, i have a growth scan booked for 32 weeks, has anyone else measured so far in front and not had a massive baby???

April 9th, 2013, 08:08 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
At almost 31 weeks I measured 34. I think it just depends on babies position what the fluid level is at the time ect. It varies I don't think it's an exact science at all.'

April 9th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
At my last appointment I was 29+4 and measured 31 weeks. I'm going for an u/s tomorrow. I guess I'll find out if it's just the way he's sitting or if he's big. I'm hoping for the former.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
April 9th, 2013, 11:12 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been measuring 2 or more weeks ahead for awhile now and at all my u/s she is measuring in the 50th percentile and my fluid levels are all normal so I'm pretty sure it's a combination of the fact that this is my 3rd baby and she is sitting up very high.

April 9th, 2013, 12:32 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with Lyndsay that it is far from an exact science. It is so inaccurate (specially for 2+ pregnancies) that my OB doesn't even take fundal height measurements. She will feel my belly to get an idea of babies size, but that is about it.
April 9th, 2013, 06:55 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
I'm the opposite right now
measuring 29 weeks but am at 31 weeks
Ill be getting an ultrasound just to check in two weeks
With DS it was the same thing so I'm not worried at all

April 9th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Rochelle
Well today I measured 30cm at 30 weeks exactly. I usually measure on target but i know during my last pg sometime in the last couple of months I was measuring a bit small at one appointment so the dr. did an u/s to measure my fluid and all was well. However, to this day I'm still surprised that Heidi only weighed 6lbs10ozs at 41 weeks 3 days. I kinda wonder if I measured small towards the end bc she was so little. I know that's opposite of what you're talking about but I too wonder if there's a correlation. All of my babies have been relatively small. DD1 was 7lbs10ozs at 42 weeks and DS 8lbs8ozs at 42 weeks. A lot of people would have had 10 pounders by that far overdue.

How big was your son and how far along were you when you had him? I think that would say more about how big to expect this baby to be rather than the fundal bc of the fluid and the baby's position.

Last edited by 4hearts; April 9th, 2013 at 08:33 PM. Reason: typos
April 10th, 2013, 07:21 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
My doctor is also not doing fundal measurements at all, not even feeling my belly... But with my 2nd child I was measuring small, and before she was born the midwife told me everything was ok, she was just a small baby. Well, she was 8lbs 4 oz (I know this isn't huge, but definately not "small" either). And this is also almost 1 pound more than my first baby.
I am disappointed not be measured this time around, but bottom line I think is that the measuring is not really accurate.

April 10th, 2013, 10:12 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4hearts View Post
Well today I measured 30cm at 30 weeks exactly. I usually measure on target but i know during my last pg sometime in the last couple of months I was measuring a bit small at one appointment so the dr. did an u/s to measure my fluid and all was well. However, to this day I'm still surprised that Heidi only weighed 6lbs10ozs at 41 weeks 3 days. I kinda wonder if I measured small towards the end bc she was so little. I know that's opposite of what you're talking about but I too wonder if there's a correlation. All of my babies have been relatively small. DD1 was 7lbs10ozs at 42 weeks and DS 8lbs8ozs at 42 weeks. A lot of people would have had 10 pounders by that far overdue.

How big was your son and how far along were you when you had him? I think that would say more about how big to expect this baby to be rather than the fundal bc of the fluid and the baby's position.
Daniel was 8lb at 42 weeks!! so not big at all
4hearts likes this.

April 10th, 2013, 10:52 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DD was 7 pounds 14 oz at 41 weeks..1 week overdue. With her I measured on target.

With this lil guy there's been times he's measured a week or so ahead and I happened to have Ultrasounds right after my appt and each time lil man was just measuring a half a pound bigger than what was "average" for how many weeks I was. But I've had a feeling little man will be bigger than his big sister was.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search