Push presents?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2013, 04:43 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
What are your thoughts on these?
Will you be receiving one?
April 9th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know what it is?
bobbiejo1982 likes this.

April 9th, 2013, 04:50 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Nope. I just told DH to hold off on my Mother's day gift (we had looked at a necklace or ring with our kiddos' birthstones) until after the baby is born, but it won't necessarily be a push present. In fact, I hadn't even heard of this until this pregnancy, and I never expected a gift from DH with my others.
April 9th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hubby has a charm for my bracelet put away for the day baby comes. I'm assuming that is a "push present?"
April 9th, 2013, 05:18 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
A push present is a gift that is given to the mom after pushing out the baby.

The baby and having Kyle there is gift enough for me.
mommyandwife08 and TeresaV like this.

April 9th, 2013, 06:12 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
When I was pregnant with my first, I worked with several people that were also pregnant. Most of them received expensive jewelry as their push present. I jokingly asked DH if he would get me diamonds. He laughed and said the baby was my present. I've never received a push present and I don't expect to receive one this time
April 9th, 2013, 06:34 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
I have never gotten one. I don't expect I ever will! The baby is my present. But if a husband wants to get his baby mama a present for all the hard work pregnancy is, I think it is kinda sweet

April 9th, 2013, 06:48 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmmmm....I've never heard of such a thing. After all of the anticipation of getting ready for and having this baby, I can't imagine anything other than a healthy child as a present.

April 9th, 2013, 07:34 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Never heard of one til just now. I wouldn't expect anything. Not that anything could possibly compare with the gift of holding my new baby anyway

April 9th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I got one from my Mom and DH. But even though I expressed appreciation I wasn't too thrilled about it. It was a small gold heart necklace. It was pretty but it also wasn't really something representative of becoming a mother. I don't wear a lot of jewelry (I hardly wear any ever, lol) so what I do choose to wear I'm pretty selective. I had told DH a few weeks before giving birth that if he felt like he wanted to get me something I would love a simple chain with one of those cheesy child pendants where the clothing is your child's birthstone.

I wore the necklace for a long time out of appreciation but eventually the baby broke the chain and I wasn't broken up about it.

I know, I sound like a terrible brat...I totally acknowledge it and do feel shame :S

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

April 9th, 2013, 08:23 PM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
nope.. only thing I want is calm

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

April 9th, 2013, 08:25 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think expecting/demanding a push present is tacky but that is my personal opinion on just about all gifts.

I will get Bodhi as my gift. I am sure DH will add a charm at some point to my Pandora bracelet but I do not expect it.
April 9th, 2013, 10:17 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get a delayed push present...after I'm done having babies and I've gotten my body back into the best shape I can with by healthy living (nutrition/exercise), I get a Nip/Tuck. For sure a tummy tuck and maybe a boob job...we'll see how they look in a couple of years ;-) Also considering a thigh lift...they've been roughed up a lot with all the major weight fluctuations in such a short amount of time.

*A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my super fantastic siggy!!*

April 9th, 2013, 11:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Dh got me a 'push present' with dd we were not married yet and he came up with the idea on his own. It was a pretty gold necklace with my birthstone this time I doubt ii nor do i expect it lol! I will be buying dd a big sister present as that is the most important to me now however if dh wanted to get me another present I would take a hammock for sure!

April 10th, 2013, 05:01 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Huh. Never would have even occurred to me to ask for a present for giving birth. It feels like one of those antiquated ideas, like being a kept woman and being given jewelry every time I allow him to have sex with me.

DD was born at the beginning of January, and DH had gotten me a salon gift certificate as a Christmas gift. I ended up using it when DD was about a month old - spent a few hours getting an expensive haircut and mani/pedi. It was my first time away from DD and it was hard to enjoy the pampering. I came home that evening to a disaster of a house, a screaming baby, and burnt dinner in the oven. That's the closest thing I ever got to a "Push Present"...lol.

April 10th, 2013, 05:50 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never heard of this and I'm pretty sure SO wouldn't think to do it, nor would I think to expect something for giving birth. Like other ladies have said, baby Anna will be my gift and I'm sure people will bring things when they come visit. All I really want is my baby happy and healthy in my arms and my SO there to kiss my forehead when she gets here.

April 10th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Rochelle
I've heard of this but no. DH did however go out and get me a comfy nightgown that he thought I could more easily nurse with while I was in the hossy last time. It was his idea and he went to several stores which was very sweet.

I'm going to get a tattoo mural on my back one day to represent my kids.

It's a scene with a Sun in the sky representing DS who is a LEO (symbol=Sun), some Zinnia flowers and Camellia flowers representing both my DD's mn's, and probably some cute bumble bees for this one

I'm not sure if I'll get it within a couple of yrs or wait to see if we will indeed have that 5th baby. I don't know how hard it would be to add to a mural tattoo later on.
April 10th, 2013, 02:53 PM
lalap's Avatar Super Teacher
The whole thing just sounds disturbs me. Maybe it's the name.
TeresaV likes this.
April 10th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am getting a pre-push present. I get a foot and hand rub with lotion each night. I told DH that if I can be pregnant with our child 24/7, he can devote 10 minutes a day to a foot and hand rub. We laugh about it. It is true though ya know.
rcjh12 likes this.

April 10th, 2013, 03:17 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No, I am not getting a "push present" but I do want to pick out a mother's ring or necklace once I make sure this baby is born in June (which I think she will be since I am due June 23rd but you never know).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search