Questions for your doctor/midwives

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What questions have you ladies asked your doctors/midwives so far? What are you planning to ask?

I have an appointment tomorrow morning and feel like I have a million questions to ask but can never think of any when the time comes.

April 11th, 2013, 05:12 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I haven't had TOO many, but when I do I have to write them down or I will forget 99% of the time. I have a few coming up that I need to get written down in regards to my white coat hypertension and how that'll affect labor, among other things, and if I don't I'll forget to ask AGAIN.
April 11th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The doc gave me a paper to call when contractions are 5 minutes apart for 2 hours. Yikes. I had a very fast labor last time. My DH does not want to deliver this child. I want to discuss what is realistic given that history.

April 11th, 2013, 08:22 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
I want to ask my doctor what his overall routine is when delivering babies. Like how open he is to natural type births and everything that goes along with what will happen during labor and delivery as far as what is normal for him and the hospital he uses. He is kind of 'rush rush' about my appts, so I am not sure how or when this will happen. I am not even taking a hospital tour until the end of May b/c that is the first date that they have a tour that DH will be in town for.
DS: '98, DD: '00, DD: '13, & TTC #4

April 11th, 2013, 11:08 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My next appt isn't until May 1st but I plan on discussing my birth plan with my Dr then.

April 11th, 2013, 06:02 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't asked too many questions so far. I normally ask what to expect at the next appointment so I'm not surprised. I'll ask about anything that doesn't seem normal. I was freaking out at my last appointment because my BP was 126/72. Hypertension scares me, but the doc didn't seem too concerned. At my last appointment I asked when they like to see baby turned head-down (36 weeks). That's been about it recently.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search