Varicose veins on the lady bits!!! Ahhhh!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eshute

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I remember my mom saying she had these but I was thinking it was from pushing too hard during delivery. Well, yesterday I was in the shower attempting to shave down there and felt some raised areas on my bits and a little around my inner thigh or...back by the booty. Sorry, TMI. So after I got out of the shower and I grabbed a mirror and sure enough....bulges! Ugh!! Then I was freaking out because I thought "my vagina is going to explode during delivery if I already have these!!" But I texted my mom and she said no, she got them BEFORE delivery and they went away after deliver. So that made me feel better, but OMG! So gross! I mean, I knew my hooha was swollen but didn't think it would turn into this. I didn't have this happen with my first pregnancy at all. My mom said it happened to her all 3 times. Blah!

Can I get a witness?! Please??? I really hope I'm not the only one with a jacked-up cootch already.

April 11th, 2013, 10:53 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I don't know that I ever had them with my first two, but I didn't even think to check. And I don't dare venture down there much just out of sheer terror (lol), but I wouldn't be at all surprised =\ I'll find out soon, though, because I need to do some 'clean up' before my next appointment when my doc will do my strep-b swab.
April 11th, 2013, 11:07 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I would tell you but I can't see it haha.

April 11th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, the joys of pregnancy. That's one I haven't experienced, although things are swollen and uncomfortable down there - I'm feeling a ton of pressure, especially when I sit on a hard surface.

I got my first varicose vein on my calf during my first pregnancy (I was only 22!) and it never went away. I've got 3 more on my calves now, and I doubt they'll go away either. Thankfully they're not bulging, just purplish-blue spidery veins, but I dislike them. I've also dealt with hemorrhoids off and on since my first pregnancy.

Fun fun!

April 11th, 2013, 11:47 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have them too..I didn't get em with my first 2 but I did with my last and the bigger I got the bigger they got I had it only on one side last time and went from my lady parts down the back of my leg .. ive noticed bulges on the other side this time ugh! But luckily they did pretty much disappear after dd ..they hurt too if I'm on my feet for a while ...

April 11th, 2013, 11:49 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yikes. My hooha is swollen and I've had problems with my normal underwear chafing because of all the swelling. But no varicose or spider veins.

April 11th, 2013, 11:49 AM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
I have a little bunch of veins on my lady bits too. They're really uncomfortable. dtd with the hubs irritates everything and makes it worse (itchy, burning, tender) and I spend a portion of my day with hot compresses between my legs whether we get frisky or not. I've just shut down the pleasure factory because it just sucks.
I HATE IT SO BAD!
April 11th, 2013, 11:58 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Swollen here, when I checked a few days ago I couldn't see any varicose veins down there, but I suspect they are on their way. In the shower today, I felt a very specific area where I think there is one or there is going to be one I feel like almost nothing is TMI here and while you're pregnant. haha. We're all going through the same thing. Varicose veins, swollen hoohas, achy/leaky boobs, constipation, and rhoids! Haha. I just take comfort in knowing I'm not the only one!
Karen78 likes this.

April 11th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Ok good. Glad I'm not the only one! I've had varicose veins on my legs since I was 8 (thanks, heredity), so I'm used to them. Even though I've had them treated recently, they still come back each year. But pregnancy had made my legs ones worse, and now....oh well. I just can't wait for the hooha ones to go away!

April 11th, 2013, 02:03 PM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
I totally had this as well with my last pregnancies. i probably have them now but i haven't taken the time to look!!! You are not alone i promise. everything is super swollen down there!!

April 11th, 2013, 04:59 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm scared to look! I've had spider veins since my late teenage years, so I wouldn't be at all surprised.

April 11th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Super Mommy
Oh boy, I hadn't even thought about that. My legs are now in constant pain due to the varicose/spider veins that have appeared in the past few months. I have also been so swollen down there and I can feel the vein pressure when I stand up. I'm going to guess I have the same issue. I just haven't looked and I'm not so sure that I really want to. I am excited about this baby girl, but man I wish she didn't have to destroy my body!
April 12th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I have 2 huge nasty veins around my belly button ugh! Heck I could see down to my lady bits if I tried lol!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search