Breathing Question

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2013, 09:38 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok so... I know I posted before when I first was having "squished lung" issues and yall assured me that it was normal, which I figured was the case. Well, it's been like that since then... a few months now, and it's just a feeling like I'm not getting full use of my lungs. Walking up stairs, getting off the couch, sometimes rolling over in the bed seem to always make me have to stop and catch my breath. I've gotten used to it. Well, the last few days, maybe even a week, I feel like I am trying to breathe underwater. I feel like someone is actually sitting on my chest, it kind of hurts to breathe, which is different than how it has been. It takes much more effort to breathe, even if I'm just sitting down or whatever and not doing anything. Is this just him getting bigger & taking up more room or him having changed positons or something? Or do you think that it could be something else? I feel like I have a chest cold or bronchitis or something, it's that type of feeling. I don't feel sick at all though in any other way and being that it's been a almost a week if not a week, I would be feeling sick now or have other issues I feel like, if that was the case. I'm just trying to figure out if it's something I should be concerned about or get checked out? I have started coughing a little in the last few days, but it doesn't happen much and it just happens randomly. Not after walking up stairs or something, like I have had before when I was sick and had a cough/chest issue. I have a doctor's appointment on Monday and I can ask my doctor about it then, but being that she tends to blow off most of my concerns as "normal things that happen when you're pregnant", which they ususally are, I don't know that she would give it a second thought other than my lungs just being squished! So, I just wanted to see if anyone was experiencing anything similar or had in the past?
April 11th, 2013, 10:48 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I personally would get checked. To me there is a difference between the short of breath and feeling like you are underwater. I had bronchitis recently and felt rattley when I took a breath. Much different than the normal squished and just can't catch my breath feeling.
April 11th, 2013, 10:53 PM
It isn't a rattling feeling, just like a lot of pressure, more than I have had. And it feels more from the top or the outside than like they just don't have the room to inflate all the way. It's hard to explain, but is definitely different than what I have been feeling!
April 11th, 2013, 11:12 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everything really jams all up in there the bigger baby gets. Also your ribcage can expand. Plus we also have more blood in our bodies than we normally do...a lot more in fact. I wouldn't worry too much but if you do start feeling wheezy or rattly in your lungs or get a fever then it may be something else. You should bring it up to your doc tho just in case they need to monitor you or baby.

April 11th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Thanks. I will mention it to my doctor on Monday. She did listen to me last time when I was telling her I couldn't sleep, so maybe she will have an answer for this! Today I actually felt like I had more of my lung capacity than I have had the last couple of months, but with this new thing going on, it was still hard to breathe. More of a feeling of having a hard time breathing vs not being able to get a lot of air in at once. My ribs have been achy lately, so hopefully it's just everything moving and squishing in there and nothing more serious!
April 12th, 2013, 04:41 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I would definitely mention it to your doc, if not just for peace of mind that nothing is wrong. Then if nothing is wrong, you can stop worrying about it and maybe the pressure would go away!

April 12th, 2013, 08:43 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
No harm in mentioning it. I know I feel like I cant breathe if I sit in a certain position on the couch to long and I have to roll to my side. Its probably not a big deal though.

April 12th, 2013, 08:54 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with mentioning it to your doc just to be sure. While I'm sure it's normal, it never hurts to ask. KUP.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search