Carseats

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2013, 05:29 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry, I know this must have been discussed before but what carseat do you plan to get for this baby?

I am thinking the Chicco Keyfit since it is the #1 rated for safety and from the reviews I have read it seems to be the easiest to use. I just am annoyed because it looks like an extra base is like $85!

I also am looking at the Britax B-Safe but some people say that the straps keep getting tangled. Also I heard it was heavier on one site and the same on another. The Chicco description says how much it weighs with and without the base, but the Britax just has one weight and I am not sure if that is with base or without.

I don't plan to carry the seat around with me everywhere I go, because I want to baby wear, but I know there will be many instances where I will be lugging the seat around, so I don't want it super heavy.

April 12th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Snugride 35. It had a great review (10).
Mrs_lynn.c and bribugg13 like this.

April 12th, 2013, 06:52 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I 2nd the Graco Snugride, I can't remember what weight ours is, somewhere in the middle. Back when we were carseat shopping with Connor, the top rated were the Britax, Radians, and Graco (totally diffferent price points), I really wish I could afford 2 radians!!!

April 12th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have the B-safes. Obviously we haven't used them yet but we have played around with them in multiple cars. We really like them. They are a little heavy but I don't think any more than most.

I really did love the Keyfits too. I really wanted those but we had a hard time getting the correct angle and have them both side by side in my car.

After getting the B-safes I do like the canopy better on the b-safe than the keyfit but they aren't that much different.

What sold us was that the b-safes fit side by side, correct angle and we are getting the b-ready stroller which is super easy to use with a britax carrier.
April 12th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I have a Eddie Bauer infant car seat that we used with the girls and it last threw next spring so we are using that and then buying a Graco My Size 70 like we have for my youngest.

April 12th, 2013, 07:28 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have the Britax Chaperone. It is quite heavy, but I loved the safety features. I was in love with the B-Ready stroller and got it and the carseat before we were even TTC b/c Britax had a promo where you could get either a B-Safe or Chaperone when buying the B-Ready. I had already chosen the Chaperone seat before that came out for the extra safety features. Getting it free was awesome.

Last edited by MarylandMama; April 12th, 2013 at 07:30 PM.
April 12th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are skipping the infant carseat and just doing the convertible and got the Graco My Ride 70.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
April 12th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I got the graco click connect 40. They are huge but go up to 2 years old 4lbs-40lbs rear facing
MamaSkunk likes this.

April 12th, 2013, 08:45 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're going to have the Graco Snugride Click Connect 40 as well. We dont have it yet though. My mom bought it for us and is going to give it to me at the shower the end of this month.
MamaSkunk likes this.
April 12th, 2013, 09:27 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I third the Graco Click Connect 40. It adjusts for height which is great since I have tall kids (DD fits 4T for length at 2 since she's so tall lol) It also has been rated the top new car seat. And I love love Graco and I try to buy all Graco products as they are such an awesome company.Also I've had a few friends who are cops and paramedics tell me Graco is the best as far as safety for car seats. I've also had 2 pediatricians recommend Graco car seats. I had a Graco Snugride with DD and it was amazing also. And DD now has the Graco Nautilus. They all are very sturdy. Adjust easily. And you can get free replacement straps or seat pads etc from the company if needed.

April 13th, 2013, 05:54 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks, so no one else is getting the Keyfit?

I have nothing against Graco, we had a snugride for Maddie and she now has a Britax Frontier 85 SICT in my car and a Graco Nautilus in dh's. The Britax is FAR easier to use and the Graco is so hard to tighten and get comfortable compared to it. I don't think I would know the difference if I didn't have the Britax to compare it to. But that is a Nautilus, we did like her Snugride. I was looking at the Click Connect and I found a few people that said it didn't actually fit smaller babies very well so I got deterred from it because Maddie was only 6lbs. I will have to look into it again. Thanks.

April 13th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy220 View Post
Thanks, so no one else is getting the Keyfit?

I have nothing against Graco, we had a snugride for Maddie and she now has a Britax Frontier 85 SICT in my car and a Graco Nautilus in dh's. The Britax is FAR easier to use and the Graco is so hard to tighten and get comfortable compared to it. I don't think I would know the difference if I didn't have the Britax to compare it to. But that is a Nautilus, we did like her Snugride. I was looking at the Click Connect and I found a few people that said it didn't actually fit smaller babies very well so I got deterred from it because Maddie was only 6lbs. I will have to look into it again. Thanks.
I got the Chicco Keyfit. I liked how padded it was and hot it snaps into the base...plus the handle fit comfortably in my hand.

The only feature I'm not digging is that it does not click or lock onto shopping carts like the graccos used to (don't know if they still do or not). They did this on purpose for safely reasons, but I'm never crashed a shopping cart while pushing my baby...so it seems a bit excessive.

April 13th, 2013, 07:28 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We got the Graco Snugride 22. I can't imagine lugging around an infant seat with a baby weighing over 22 pounds, so we'll switch to a convertible seat then.

April 13th, 2013, 09:59 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We have a graco infant seat not sure which one. We will use it for about 4 months then switch to a convertable.

April 13th, 2013, 10:29 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
We got the Evenflo Embrace 35. It's very lightweight, even with the base attached, and yet appears to be very sturdy.
April 13th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
My youngest is in a Graco My Size 70. She's still RF and will till 40 lbs. I like that it adjusts for Height too. Goes FF up to 70 lbs. It fits great next to Madison who is forward facing and so I know another will fit on the other side of Madison too

April 13th, 2013, 02:59 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a Graco SnugRide 22 infant carrier. My kids are usually very slow growers so my son actually rode in that until he was a year old and I loved it.

April 13th, 2013, 05:48 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaV View Post
We got the Graco Snugride 22. I can't imagine lugging around an infant seat with a baby weighing over 22 pounds, so we'll switch to a convertible seat then.
This! I think we switched Connor between 6-8 months to the Graco MyRide convertible seat because he got too darn heavy to carry around in the infant seat. No matter the weight limit on the infant seat, I doubt very many people actually max out the weight -- unless you just stop carrying the seat around and take baby in and out like a convertible seat!

April 13th, 2013, 07:10 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Quote:
Originally Posted by bribugg13 View Post
... No matter the weight limit on the infant seat, I doubt very many people actually max out the weight -- unless you just stop carrying the seat around and take baby in and out like a convertible seat!
Our carseat rates up to 35lbs and that's what we plan to do. I liked the higher weight rating in hopes the seat would last us a bit longer before we had to switch to a convertible.
April 13th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We got the Chicco key fit and it's amazing quality, obviously we haven't used it yet but it's very light and very cushiony
mommy220 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search