oh names...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By crawmommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So dh is in Louisana for stupid army stuff for another week. Anyway I just get a text that says "what do you think about Cadence" and I say for a boy? He says no for a gir! Ummm I only know a boy name cadence. Not really a fan of the name personally. So yeah back to square one...ugh. But on a positive note he is thinking about different names besides Summer and Natalie
4hearts likes this.

April 12th, 2013, 07:20 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
a woman i work with has named all three daughters after the military and her youngest that's six months is named cadence (cadie, like katie for short)

her other daughter is named revelry, rev for short

April 12th, 2013, 07:32 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
One lady in my nov 08 pr has a Kennedy and a Cadence. It's spelt differently though.

April 12th, 2013, 08:07 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've known two Cadences...both were female and both went by Cady/Cadee(pronounced Katie)

April 12th, 2013, 09:53 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My cousins daughter is Kadience and she goes by Kadie (like Katie). I'm not sure where she got it from but apparently its pretty popular I guess. I can't even imagine how hard it is to pick two names when you do not know the sex so technically you need 4 names. Good luck!

April 12th, 2013, 11:28 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel ya girl! DF keeps giving me lists of names that he likes and I will pick the ones I can live with off of that. It never fails, whichever names I pick he ends up changing his mind and not liking. So freaking frustrating!!!

April 12th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykathleen View Post
I feel ya girl! DF keeps giving me lists of names that he likes and I will pick the ones I can live with off of that. It never fails, whichever names I pick he ends up changing his mind and not liking. So freaking frustrating!!!
Well itleast he gives you options...I have come with so many names and he has come up with 3 now.ugh! Good luck to you too!

April 13th, 2013, 04:34 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
My 7 year old is Kaydence aka Kaytie. I love the name it is beautiful.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

April 13th, 2013, 04:57 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My daughter goes to preschool with a Cadence and her nn is Cady. I think it's super cute but many people think her name is "Katie"

April 13th, 2013, 05:19 AM
Rochelle
Yea, I've only met girl Cadence's.
April 13th, 2013, 05:31 AM
laurenicole's Avatar Veteran
to me Cadence is a girl name. My husband likes it, too.
April 13th, 2013, 08:05 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawmommy View Post
Well itleast he gives you options...I have come with so many names and he has come up with 3 now.ugh! Good luck to you too!
It's only because I freaked out on him after he turned down every single name I suggested (20+) without him suggesting a darn thing. I told him to just give me a list of names he likes and I would pick from that. He has given me two long lists which I picked 3-4 names off of each (most of the names were AWFUL). Then, miraculously, he doesn't like whatever names I pick. I'm about to just put my foot down and name this baby myself.

Last edited by ashleykathleen; April 13th, 2013 at 10:23 AM.
April 13th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
To me, Cadence is on par with naming your daughter Harmony or Melody. It's all musical. Definitely a girl's name to me. But I can see where you might think of it more as a boys name if you're thinking of a military cadence - aka a marching song. I'm probably reading way more into the name than you are, lol.

April 13th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykathleen View Post
It's only because I freaked out on him after he turned down every single name I suggested (20+) without him suggesting a darn thing. I told him to just give me a list of names he likes and I would pick from that. He has given me two long lists which I picked 3-4 names off of each (most of the names were AWFUL). Then, miraculously, he doesn't like whatever names I pick. I'm about to just put my foot down and name this baby myself.
Oh dear!!! Yea I may have to get to that point too unfortunately...

April 13th, 2013, 04:43 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think of Cadence as a girl's name, too. I honestly can't think of having met any, though. Luckily, since this baby is a girl her name was chosen long before I even met my SO. Thing is, had it been a boy, his name would have been chosen long before SO met me either, due to family obligations. We're down to two middle names and I've given SO the choice since he didn't have a say in the first name. He still hasn't picked one, but honestly I'm happy with either. If we'd ever have any more kids (assuming I don't murder him before this kid gets here), I think it's going to be a flat our war. Good luck finding a name, I can't imagine how frustrating it is!

April 13th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the input ladies. I ended up googling the name last night and realized that it is mainly used as a girls name...I have to say I know one little boy with that name and haven't really heard it before. I guess I learned something new!
I was not even seeing the correlation between the name and the military...I wonder if that is where dh got the inspiration...hmmmm. Oh and just to be clear I did not mean in any way the army is stupid...I am just bitter that they made dh for to this school for 3 weeks this far into my pregnancy when they have had a year for him to do this and to top it off the school use to be only 2 weeks he is the first group to go 3 weeks AND nothing has changed and the higher ups don't know what to do with them for the last few days.

April 14th, 2013, 09:17 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hun I think you probably should just decide on names yourself maybe say a top four and then when the time comes give your DH the option of which one of those four choices he likes best and if he likes none of them then again I say ultimate call goes to YOU. I say the same to Ashley as well. Men are just so dang...ugh. I've known several men that choose a few names and only want those names and they turn out to be the name of some ex gf or childhood crush. I also knew a guy that kept telling his gf that he wanted to name their kid Mulisha (can you say awful!!)

April 14th, 2013, 10:04 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
When we thought Payson was a boy my husband wanted to name him Cornelious. Gag gag gag! He refused to budge on it for a long time. Not as long as some of you have been fighting but he would not even entertain anymore names. Due to my gender disappointment he met me have the name I wanted to name Everett. Hugs Hun I hope you can come up with something soon!

April 14th, 2013, 04:16 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I'm in the "Cadence for a girl" camp! I think it's a great name, very pretty. I remember reading an article back when we were name hunting for Connor, that the majority of names that go both ways usually end up being predominantly girls names. It seems to have always influenced me in that I seem to always prefer the unisex names as girl names better!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search