anyone not getting a baby shower?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2013, 09:02 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope we aren't having one. I didn't really get one for my first because she was born so preemie and then was so sick for a long time. I did get one for DS, but since this is my second boy, I am not having one.

April 16th, 2013, 05:13 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Not me. My shower for my son was 2 years ago so we still have everything. I don't know what I'd even put on a registry if I DID have a shower this time. Just need to stock up on newborn cloth diapers pretty much.

April 16th, 2013, 05:15 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was going to have a small family shower (this would have been my first shower) but I told them I would rather not have anything. I feel like I have so much to do and not a lot of time to do it that taking a weekend for a shower was silly. Especially when I am not overly fond of showers in generally and really do not like attention on me. I always feel so uncomfortable opening gifts and stuff. So, yeah no shower here.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
April 16th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
I'm not. We're going on vacation though so *** a baby shower
April 16th, 2013, 09:22 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No shower. I still have almost everything from Bourne as far as major items. Just need clothes and a co-sleeper and one carseat base.

Do you need a carseat? I was going to sell my Peg Perego Primo Viago SIP 30 seat at Kid to Kid, but I don't want Trey not to have a carseat.
April 16th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Rochelle
Not I. Never had one before and would kinda like one but I don't have enough people in my life locally to be able to. Ten yrs ago I could have but not anymore. I made a registry and if anyone asks what we need, I will share it with them. We're having a "meet the baby" party when baby is 2 months old so that will be the celebration equivalent.
April 16th, 2013, 12:30 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkat View Post
No shower. I still have almost everything from Bourne as far as major items. Just need clothes and a co-sleeper and one carseat base.

Do you need a carseat? I was going to sell my Peg Perego Primo Viago SIP 30 seat at Kid to Kid, but I don't want Trey not to have a carseat.
We do need a car seat. That was going to be the next thing we put on layaway after we get his bedding out. Ugh I hate being financially screwed.

April 16th, 2013, 02:14 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
No shower for me either I don't think. DH threw a surprise sprinkle with Abri, but it was more of a celebration of an impending baby than a typical shower. A few people brought small gifts like an outfit or pack of diapers but that's it. I'm not expecting that this time though
April 16th, 2013, 02:21 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I've only had a shower given for me after the 1st and the 5th babies. We don't have anybody close this time either.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search