Father's Day

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2013, 05:22 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is anyone else making alternative Father's Day plans since many of us are likely to have newborns or run the risk of being in the hospital on that day?

I had been thinking about it for a while and last week, realized that DH's favorite baseball team, the Braves, were going to be in DC this weekend playing the Nats. I checked and this weekend was the only time this season they would be in town for a weekend. And weekday evening games with a two year old would not be pretty. So I got tickets to take him to the game this afternoon and it was so much fun! And I hate baseball. DD was really excited and she was a complete angel and stayed pretty well in or near her seat for all 3 hours. The Braves also crushed the Nats 9-0. We got a lot of great pics of her and her Daddy in their Braves shirts and hats. It was a great day we will remember for a long time.

Just wondering if anyone else had made plans to celebrate in advance.

April 14th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been thinking about what I'll do for SO, as this will be his first Father's Day (baby will definitely be here by then), but I am at a loss.

#1, 4, 5, 7
April 14th, 2013, 05:52 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I haven't even thought about it to be honest. I'm awful

April 14th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had not thought of it. I suppose I could give birth on Father's Day. I think giving DH a daughter could count as a gift I will definitely get something for our other two to give DH just in case I am not at home that Day.

April 14th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Super Mommy
oh my gosh i havent even thought about that! i'm not due til july 2nd (based on sonograms) but based on my cycle i could be due as early as june 24th...so really mid-end june i'm pretty sure i'll deliver. but that is something to keep in mind!
April 14th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't even started THINKING about Father's Day yet! Baby will def be here, and so will my dad, so I'll have to think of something, since this will be DH's first as a dad and my dad's first as a grandpa!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
April 14th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Haven't thought about it to be honest. ...we do homemade cards so I will make sure she makes him one regardless of when these babies decide to get here.

April 15th, 2013, 10:05 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Baby boy will definitely be here by Father's Day this year so I have told DH he gets a loaded poopy diaper and no sleep for his present. JK!

We will probably have a BBQ at my mom and stepdad's house. It is kind of tradition. I will be two weeks post c-section so I should at least be able to get around and enjoy myself, LOL.

I haven't decided what I am getting him for his gift, though!

April 15th, 2013, 11:12 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
We really don't do anything too big for Father's Day. I'll get my dad and DH both a small gift, and our boys will make them both cards. Sometimes we'll take DH out to eat, but this year he has to work that weekend, so I guess my gift to him could be holding on a little longer to have Omega so he has an excuse to take off that weekend, lol
April 15th, 2013, 12:16 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haven't actually thought about it! LOL!! I'm not due until the end of June so, I'm thinking Father's Day will be played out as usual...I highly doubt I go early if I go for Vbac and if C/S, I'm pushing it as late I can possibly negotiate it.

April 15th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm giving my husband his first born son...isn't that a gift enough...especially since we have all girls! I might throw in some sexy time but lets face it...that probably won't happen. Haha!!
April 15th, 2013, 06:01 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Probably not much in the way of gifts. Last year I made a hand painted sign with a sweet quote about fathers with the girls' handprints. I also made breakfast and let him sleep in. I think pancakes and sleeping in is all he'll get this year. He's going on a guys' golf trip in mid May so he better be happy that he's getting to do that

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search