Prelabor Jitters

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 1 Post By Mom2LillieAidan
  • 1 Post By overlinmommy17
  • 1 Post By KellBell2621
  • 1 Post By MarylandMama
  • 1 Post By jhmomofmany

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2013, 07:50 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh...now that I've hit 30 weeks the pre labor jitters are coming on bad. I used to think I only had pre labor jitters with DD since I was a first timer and not knowing what to expect. But now I'm getting nervous because I have an idea of what to expect with labor. And I'm getting nervous cuz the end is near and I'm hoping for no pitocin this time as its awful!
I know all you FTMs are probably getting nervous not having any idea of what to expect during delivery but how about our BTDT moms? Getting the jitters yet?
Gen88 likes this.

April 15th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh gosh yes! I am so nervous for labor. Really hoping to go into labor on my own this time and not have to be induced. I really want to enjoy the experience that labor can be.
MamaSkunk likes this.

#1, 4, 5, 7
April 15th, 2013, 09:09 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Im getting excited for labor but I am odd. Im really hoping to deliver her in our bath tub.

April 15th, 2013, 09:22 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am getting excited/nervous. I am not so worried about labor as I am adjusting to 3 kids. Although I know nothing of the hospital or doctor so I am pretty anxious about that. It will be nice to meet my doctor and talk about my history. I too am really hoping to avoid an induction.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
April 15th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm almost 32 weeks and I'm definitely nervous because I know what's coming, I think the first time around was way easier because I had no idea what to expect. I'm really scared but so ready to hold my princess

Last edited by Gen88; April 15th, 2013 at 10:08 AM.
April 15th, 2013, 10:16 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am less nervous about the labor and more nervous about what is coming AFTER labor! Trying to keep up with the kids, recovery, a newborn... I am getting a little scared I just won't be able to keep up. I think because I am freaking out a little bit over this... time is FLYING. I can't believe I have 7 weeks at most left. SCARY!

April 15th, 2013, 10:20 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
I am getting nervous/excited about labor too... I have been working on reading my childbirth books over the past month or so in order to try to get in the right mind set. Also, I have been thinking about my getting my birth plan down on paper.

April 15th, 2013, 10:30 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
I am super nervous as well. I really want to go into labor on my own. i am 33 weeks this week so ....EEEEKK... it's coming up fast!!
MamaSkunk likes this.

April 15th, 2013, 11:08 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
My only jitters come from wondering if my *cough*badword*cough* MIL will try to show up again. She doesn't know when I'm due but she'll be hounding DH before long and I don't trust him not to cave and give her too much information. I'm not too worried about the actual labor and delivery because I've come to realize worrying does no good. There's only so much you can plan and prep for.
April 15th, 2013, 02:29 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As a FTM, I am very anxious because I don't know what to expect. I'm going into things with an open mind and realize that any number of things can happen, but I'm still really nervous about the unknown. I don't like going into situations where I don't feel like I'm in control.

April 15th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Super Mommy
i feel more prepared this time around but it's still very nerve-wracking. i agree though, i do not want any pitocin. last time my water broke but i wasnt having any contractions so they put me on it. i had back labor the entire time. i have no idea if pitocin caused that or not but who knows, either way it made them way too intense and ended up getting an epideral- i would like to avoid that as well but i'm okay if i feel i do need it
MamaSkunk likes this.
April 15th, 2013, 04:58 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes I am nervous because I just keep thinking about how painful it was. I know what to expect now and everything but I remember last time and I start to get nervous. I am super excited though for the after birth "high" I had, LOL, and just the adrenaline rush and excitement of meeting my baby.

April 15th, 2013, 05:24 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Even though this is Round 2 for me, and I know what labor is like, I still feel like a 1st timer because I was induced with DS and then ended up having a c/s.

For a repeat C/S, I'm good...I feel prepared for what to expect. With a Vbac, I am not nervous for labor/delivery but rather anxious about finishing it out all the way this time. I'm borderline Type A personality so to "fail" at something (and I don't mean that in a I didn't"give birth" way cause I had a c/s) just drives me mad. So if I go for it, I want to be successful at the process itself.

April 15th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Super Mommy
Im nervous about going into labor or having my water break before my scheduled c/s LOL!
April 15th, 2013, 06:03 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellydiane521 View Post
i feel more prepared this time around but it's still very nerve-wracking. i agree though, i do not want any pitocin. last time my water broke but i wasnt having any contractions so they put me on it. i had back labor the entire time. i have no idea if pitocin caused that or not but who knows, either way it made them way too intense and ended up getting an epideral- i would like to avoid that as well but i'm okay if i feel i do need it
I was the exact same...down to water breaking with no contractions and put on pit and it caused horrid back labor for 24 hours. I however refused the epi...not cuz the pain relief would have been nice after oh the 12th hour...but cuz I am stubborn and wanted natural so I wanted at least one thing in my control. The thought of even a possibility of a repeat situation has me wayyy jittery! Fingers crossed for no pitocin for us!

April 15th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Meh, not really. I was super nervous and anxious with Alex. With this one I'm just super excited to see the baby, lol. I hope that I don't have to be induced and that I can try to go natural. But it's also comforting to me that I can get an epidural if I just can't take it anymore. I remember being a panicked MESS when I had the epidural placed. Scared to DEATH. But it wasn't a big deal. A tap and it's done. Now, when it fell out and STAYED out for 2 hours, that was horrific. Again, if you feel mounting pressure and a dull ache in your back and the baby isn't crowning scream at the nurse to check your needle asap!

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

April 15th, 2013, 07:17 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm actually looking forward to it bc I have made up my mind that it has to be better than it was with DD. I also had my water break before real labor started. I wanted to avoid pitocin, so I tried cervidil (sp?) first, which was a NIGHTMARE, so after I went for the epidural after 12 hours, they started pitocin. It was another 16.5 hours before she was born. I know worse can happen, but I really feel like it has to be better this time. I have just decided that this time, things are going to be normal and better, so I am excited for that. We'll see what really happens...
MamaSkunk likes this.

April 15th, 2013, 07:18 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I get the jitters every time, too. I start to think I'm too old, too tired, too busy, and I just do NOT want to do this again. I must be immune to the so-called birth "amnesia" because I can recall what labor feels like quite exactly.

And yet, just like I've experienced the jitters before, I know by the time Baby is ready, I will be to. I hope.
MamaSkunk likes this.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 15th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Super Mommy
I'm a little nervous, I too, would really love to avoid an induction this time. The pain part doesn't scare me as much as having to come home and try to learn to parent three kids instead of two. I sure hope this little one is a better sleeper than my second was.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search