Movies

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2013, 09:14 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
What was the last movie you saw? Would you recommend it?

April 15th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We rarely see movies in the theatre unless it's a major one that we've been anticipating. I think the last thing we saw was The Hobbit, which I would highly recommend, but I would assume by this point everyone who wanted to see it has seen it.

DH and I watched a movie on TV the other night that I'd never seen before and I really enjoyed it. It's called A Good Year. It has Russel Crowe and Marion Cotillard. It's a few years old. But if you come across it, it is one that I'd highly recommend as well.

April 15th, 2013, 09:46 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We saw Oz in theaters and we both loved it! But we also saw it in 3D and sat in the DBox seats so that was way awesome I would recommend it.

April 15th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Super Mommy
The last grown up movie we watched was Wanderlust a few days ago, I would definitely recommend it, so funny! The last in theater movie we watched was The Hobbit and I would recommend that one too. The last kids movie we watched was Wreck It Ralph and we all loved that one.
April 15th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In the theatre, we saw Olympus Has Fallen. It was really good, if you like that kind of movie.
April 15th, 2013, 11:10 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
We haven't been to the theater in ages, but last night we watched "Seal Team Six" on Netflix, which is about the operation to kill Osama bin Laden. It was ... interesting, I guess. I was so tired I don't think I really paid much attention to it honestly.
April 15th, 2013, 11:23 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haven't been to the theater in ages but last movie we watched on iTunes was Django Unchained. It was very "Quentin Tarantino" but very good.

April 15th, 2013, 11:40 AM
PurpleStar's Avatar March 2015 DDC Co-Host
Movies?!! What's that?!! LOL Havent' been in so long...I can't even remember the last movie we saw...We Direct TV everything these days and even that we haven't done lately *rolls eyes*

Oh, but I know DH will make effort to go to the movies to see Fast & Furious 6, so I may have a random date night in my future!

April 15th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
We watched Our Idiot Brother on DVD last weekend and would NOT recommend!!!! I couldn't watch a couple parts in it. And the worst part is, my parents gave it to is to watch. Blah!!!
April 15th, 2013, 02:26 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lincoln. I love love LOVED the movie, but it was pure agony sitting in a theater seat for 2+ hours. No more movies for me while pregnant.

April 15th, 2013, 03:06 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I can't even remember the last movie we saw in the theater...well I can remember the last movie *I* saw in the theater....who could forget Magic Mike! LOL

DH and I were on a rental spree for awhile, but until recently we haven't seen much of anything! Friday night we watched G.I. Joe (what? Channing Tatum?! LOL) because I want to see the 2nd one in the theater (seriously, who can't get enough of the man?!). Except, DH didn't care for it - he's very picky about what movies he likes, he's weird. So apparently I'll have to drag him to the theater or wait for it to come out on DVD.

Then, we started to watch Ted on Saturday night, but I just thought it was stupid, guy flick and didn't enjoy it , so we stopped watching. DH can finish it later! lol

April 15th, 2013, 05:35 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
DH rented Anna Karenina for me last night. After 5 minutes he was done. Definitely not for everyone, but I read the book back in high school. We have also rented Zero Dark Thirty and Argo recently. Zero Dark Thirty was intense and very interesting. Argo was fantastic!
April 15th, 2013, 05:35 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar March 2015 DDC Co-Host
OMG, seriously!! TED was like the lamest movie ever and DH bought it, not rented, bought!! He thinks its hilarious and all I could think was "Why Markie Mark?!! You're so much better than this lame ***** movie!!"

I heard there was a second one coming out...gods I hope that isn't true.

April 15th, 2013, 07:28 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Last movie I saw in a theater was War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise. It has been a seriously LONG time.

Last movie I watched at home was some "comedy" with Ben Stiller, I forget who else... it was terrible I turned it off after about 20 minutes.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 16th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Yeah I also hated Ted!!

Last movie we saw in the theater was Croods. We took our oldest during her spring break. So cute and would totally see it again!

Last movie we watched at home was Lincoln. It was good but very long!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCrafty View Post
DH rented Anna Karenina for me last night. After 5 minutes he was done. Definitely not for everyone, but I read the book back in high school. We have also rented Zero Dark Thirty and Argo recently. Zero Dark Thirty was intense and very interesting. Argo was fantastic!
DH just watched Zero Dark Thirty last night. We also recently watched Argo. It was good!

April 16th, 2013, 08:15 AM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
In the theater... We went and saw Jack the Giant Slayer. We LOVED it... I'm not sure why people gave it bad reviews... the dozen or so people in the theater with us had super good reactions as well.
We rented the newest Red Dawn the other night. I hadn't seen it yet, and I loved the original. I thought it was excellent... although perhaps I should skip the suspense from now on because my blood pressure went up a few times. I get too emotionally involved with characters.
April 16th, 2013, 08:51 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We haven't been to the movie theater in ages. We did get Red Dawn from red box last weekend tho. Cuz we have the original so DH wanted to see how it held up compared to the 80s cold war version. It was very good.
We also watched wreck it Ralph with DD last week and we all loved it. DH was amused to see so many old game characters.

April 16th, 2013, 09:58 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
The last movie in the theatre was The Guardians, with the kids. At home the last movie was Argo, which was good.

April 16th, 2013, 10:02 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Last movie we saw in theaters was oz we all loved it. I can't remember the last movie we watched at home.

April 16th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The last movie we saw in theaters was Les Miserables with my parents, and I LOVED it, but I'm also a HUGE fan of the play, and knew what to expect going in. My 12 year old male cousin did not like it at all LOL

The last movie we watched at home was last week when we rented "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World." It was really good. Not like you would expect a movie starring Steve Carell would be, but it's more of a dark comedy. We really enjoyed it.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search