Friends

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2013, 10:15 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
How are your friends treating you now that you are closer to delivery? Did they push you away more in the beginning but are coming around now? Or did things pretty much stay the same?

April 15th, 2013, 03:40 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ha, I am sort of socially awkward... I don't have many friends. But I am a young mom and most of the people that are my age don't have any kids yet and are still in the going to college/dating/getting married stage so they have kind of stayed away the entire time.

April 15th, 2013, 03:57 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, I can count on one hand the number of true "friends" I have. My best friend is also pregnant (due in September) and this has really helped us bond on an even deeper level. It's been great, actually. Friendships with everyone else have pretty much stayed the same. Most of my friends already have kids.

April 15th, 2013, 06:42 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
My oldest friends don't live close by. One of them just had her first child. The other one has no interest in having children of her own but she is great with them. I have just a few local friends and they are pretty excited to meet this new baby, mostly cause they have had kids of both sexes and want to see us have a boy now too
April 15th, 2013, 07:14 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also only have a handful of friends. My best friend lives several states away now. And I rarely see my friends that are nearby me. Sad but right now I think DH and my mom are my closest friends right now

April 15th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Super Mommy
I'm on the same level as Valerie, being a young mom can make it real hard to have friends. Most people my age are just getting out of college and living their own lives, not exactly thinking about having a family. Most of my friends are my family, my cousin, my sister in laws (who both live in TX and CO) my aunt, my step mom. I haven't found that any of them treat me too differently. Maybe my cousin a bit, I know she thinks I'm crazy for wanting another child, but we have different lifestyles and she's a single mom of one kid, but she really hasn't made me feel alienated at all. My bestie back in CO I still talk to, but she's a mom too and understands, plus she's a thousand miles away.
April 15th, 2013, 10:12 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Most of the people I had thought were my friends, which weren't too many, have distanced themselves. I don't think they know what to do or say. After my first was born, most of my prebaby friends faded away anyway.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
April 16th, 2013, 08:19 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really only have one close friend left. After all the moving I've done in recent years, plus never being into the drinking scene really sort of keeps me from making a lot of friends. My best friend still lives an hour away, but she's helping my mom with the baby shower. I got a pic of the baby shower favors from her last night - she's super excited. Otherwise, things have pretty much stayed the same. I do have an old friend (we were inseparable in high school and shortly after) that recently decided she wanted to reconnect. So we'll see how that goes.

April 16th, 2013, 08:29 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
Same here with not many friends! But I live life kind of like a hermit so it doesn't bother me. The only "friends" i regularly talk to are at work, and they have not really treated me any different at all. They did not know I was pg until I stated to show.
DS: '98, DD: '00, DD: '13, & TTC #4

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search