Revisiting "What you need for baby"

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Rochelle
I've gotten a few things in the past month so I thought I'd go back to this thread.
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...5898-need.html

What's left for you to get for baby since the last time a thread was posted about it close to a month ago?

What can you check off?
April 15th, 2013, 12:01 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I have everything! I have my diapers prepped, all my bedding and stuff washed and ready to go. I think we are set!

April 15th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We still need all the necessities besides furniture. Our baby shower is on Saturday so hopefully, I'll be able to cross them off the list.
April 15th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have a pretty short list of things we *need* before baby comes: Thermometer, Bouncer, diapers, breast pump, bottles, and a trash can for a diaper pail. That's it!! I think we're doing pretty well, with 8 weeks to go!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
April 15th, 2013, 12:31 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We need a new wet bag and somewhere to put her clothes. And that's about it. We will buy more clothes as time goes on and I would like to tie dye some gerber prefolds with the kids for burp cloths.

April 15th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We pretty much have everything, we still need a baby tub, mattress and I need to buy my diaper bag. the rest of the stuff I need to get is not a dyer necessity but I still have to get a glider, stroller and a rug for her nursery. Also have to pick up some wipes, more bibs and burp cloths. Other than that we're pretty much set. Wow that's still a lot haha!

April 15th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Super Mommy
I need more clothes, definitely. I still need a carseat, a swing, a bouncy seat and a stroller. But a carseat is the only must have on that list as of right now. I have a new mini pack and play, a carrier, all of my diaper are prepped and ready to go, I have a nursing wrap and.... I don't remember what else. I still have quite a bit of stuff to get.
April 15th, 2013, 02:21 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful2BMommy View Post
We still need all the necessities besides furniture. Our baby shower is on Saturday so hopefully, I'll be able to cross them off the list.
Same. My shower is also Saturday.

April 15th, 2013, 04:54 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I was just making this list. I still need:

crib (getting from my sister sometime soon)
wet bag and/or diaper pail
grooming and first aid type items (thermometer, etc.)
socks
bouncer and/or swing
baby tub

There are a few things, like the bouncer or swing, and a stroller, that I'd like to have but don't necessarily NEED before baby gets here. And I need to go through what few clothes I have left from my boys to see how many sleepers and gowns I need to pick up. We're waiting to buy too much clothing until Omega gets here, but I have picked up a few gender neutral sleepers.
April 16th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Mommy to Be
We still need everything ... With the acception of the crib dresser and bedding, but most of the essentials are still needed, our shower isn't until may 19th , I'm getting kind of antsy that we are cutting it close because everyone keeps saying well if you keep buying stuff what are we supposed o get for your shower ... I'm honestly worried about not having everything

April 16th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Rochelle
I hope you ladies still needing a lot are able to get it real soon so you can stop stressing.

I have:
* uncovered my infant car seat
* been given a boppy pillow
* been given a cart seat cover
* found a wipes solution recipe I will be trying

I really just need to make some wipes still and hope someone gets me some towels and washcloths. I also need a small lamp for nighttime changes.

So yea, I have nothing to complain about for sure on this account.
April 16th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I need to get a couple hooded towels, wash clothes, binkies and an umbrella stroller.

April 16th, 2013, 02:33 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I feel bad about this, but we still haven't done ANY shopping for this baby. I haven't even gone through the box of baby clothes I have saved.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 16th, 2013, 05:36 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
EVERYTHING. we just have clothes, a carrier, a bath tub, bath products, SOME diapers, a monitor, rocker/bouncer and MIL was supposed to have ordered the pack n play a swing and a bouncer that all match but those haven't come in yet, also we have bedding on layaway and family friend giving us a crib has had health issues with her DH so we haven't got the crib yet so we need EVERYTHING

April 16th, 2013, 07:09 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We still need pretty much everything. But I have my 2nd baby shower on the 27th & I'm hoping to be able to get a lot of what we need there. Whatever we need after that we will go buy! We're getting close to having the baby's room empty so we can paint and stuff and then we will have a place to put the things we get!
April 17th, 2013, 03:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I need to make a list. I have plenty of blankets I hope. I have carseats, 2nd crib is on its way, dresser, carriers, bumbo ,changing pad, 1carseat base I need 1more, high chairs.
I need to find owl material for dust ruffles & valances, prep all diapers and put them away. Buy neutral shirts, crib mattresses, some kind of bassinets, movement monitors, nursing pillow. Oh and a minivan so i can fit all my kids in one vehicle. That's all I can think of now

April 17th, 2013, 07:00 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lets see I need

Swing
Diapers
Bathtub
Bibs
Grooming and First Aid Kits
More socks
Maybe a few more sleepers
Hamper for his room
Lamp for his room

April 17th, 2013, 07:09 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We still need a carseat (we have a back-up in case he comes early but DH's parents are getting us a better one.)

I have all his cloth diapers prepped but I want one pack of disposable diapers and wipes for those first few bleary-eyed days at home.

It'd be nice to have a tub but I'm also fine with just bathing him in the sink or getting into the tub with him. I like to bathe with my babies, it's super relaxing. We need some gentler soap, too. DD just uses what we use now that she's bigger...just thought of that one.

I think that's it! We would be fine if I went into labor right now. The rest is just extra stuff.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

April 17th, 2013, 10:18 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
We need everything. I have a breastpump and a portable bassinet/playpen. We are going to wait until after she is born and able to come home to decide what we'll need.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
April 17th, 2013, 11:01 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Let's see, my list hasn't changed a whole lot from the last time. MIL bought us the carseat but we still need:

Extra base
Co-sleeper/sheets
Clothes
New bottles/nipples for a little later
Breast milk storage bags
Replacement plastic parts for the Pump in Style
infant insert for the ergo

I am sure there is more that since I have not really thought about it. I need to get on it - I have about 8 weeks left and one of those weekends is taken up hosting a baby shower...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search