Gah! Hormones!!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kyla0709

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So....tonight my hormones have gone a little crazy. I was making dinner, and I forgot a step (adding water to the pan with potatoes so they roast), and so my red potatoes wouldn't get soft enough to smash. I even got DH to come in and try and smash them, they wouldn't smash. So my solution to the problem? Break down sobbing about how I ruined dinner, and failed at my job. DH just stared at me in disbelief and then he started laughing because he couldn't believe I was crying over dinner. I calmed down, with lots of hugs and reassurance that I didn't ruin dinner. But almost lost it again when we broke the smasher. *sigh*

Anyone elses hormones making them do crazy things?

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
April 15th, 2013, 04:46 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
This sounds like me several nights ago! DH is used to it now. He'll usually roll his eyes when he thinks I'm not looking, making an attempt at a soothing comment, then help me "fix" whatever the problem is. I pride myself in being pretty calm and level headed even through pregnancy, but when I do go off on a hormonal rage ... watch out!
April 15th, 2013, 04:53 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just have an even shorter fuse and zero tolerance for BS...so my nearest and dearest pretty much know not to mess with me.

April 15th, 2013, 08:29 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Nothing recently but I have less patience that's for sure.

April 15th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Super Mommy
I definitely had a little fit yesterday. We got home from shopping and I was real hungry, so I heated up my 3 year's left over burger from the night before and was ready to take a bite when he comes in the kitchen and says "Mommy, I want to eat my burger now" and obviously I couldn't just eat it in front of him so I handed the plate over and broke down in tears when he left. Ugh, I don't even know why! The weather has really been sucking lately and I miss seeing the sun. This seems like the longest winter of my life and that's been making me super crabby. And having been cooped up in the house with each other all winter and everybody's sick of every indoor playground we've been to, my poor kids have spring fever like I've never seen in my life and they are just hyped out of their little minds.
MamaSkunk likes this.
April 16th, 2013, 05:56 AM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm super ditzy right now - forgetting very simple things. I hate feeling so dumb all the time. lol.

April 16th, 2013, 06:27 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I definitely have prego brain. Forgetting stuff all the time. Last night I started messing around, cleaning stuff and was going to start dinner at a certain time so it would be done when SO got home. Well, I kept looking at the clock thinking it was 6-something. I happened to catch a glance at the microwave and it was 7:30! SO gets off work at 7:30 so I started scrambling. Luckily he was 20 minutes late getting home and I had chosen a quick dinner...but I almost lost it. I also almost started crying at the hospital yesterday because they do ultrasounds different than what I'm used to in Pittsburgh. They told my mom she couldn't come back with me until measurements were done and I got to see the baby. WHAT? F - YOU lady! - is how I felt and I very nearly needed a tissue because I started tearing up. It all ended up fine, but for whatever reason it really frustrated me. Haha.

I also convinced myself that SO had done something or needed to tell me something awful because when he talked to me on his lunch break at work yesterday, he sounded all upset or down or weird or something. I stressed about that all day...he comes home, kisses me as usual and is back to his upbeat self. They had just had a rough first part of the shift is all.

There you have it. You're not alone!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search