1st and 2nd

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes
  • 2 Post By navywifey2003
  • 2 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 2 Post By Kim3
  • 2 Post By ashleykathleen
  • 2 Post By MarylandMama
  • 2 Post By noah and lola's mommy
  • 2 Post By 8miraclez
  • 1 Post By SassySami
  • 1 Post By Kyla0709
  • 1 Post By cheerfulsunrise

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2013, 10:02 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So BTDT moms that already have two kids how long was your labor with your first and how long was your labor with your second?
They say the second child that labor is about half the time of your first one so I wanna see if everyone's experience comes close to this statistic.
Also those of you who delivered both vaginally did the second one seem easier to you than the first one?
How about pain levels from the first to second? Was the pain less during labor with your second?

April 16th, 2013, 10:09 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
My first labor was about 12 hours from start to finish. Katelynn was 4 hours exactly. My water broke at home and I stayed home for about 3 hours. She was born less than an hour after arriving at the hospital. Her labor was very intense compared to David's. but her recovery was a million times easier. Everett was born in a little less than an hour. His labor was beyond intense but empowering at the same time. Kyle is reading up on unassisted birth just in case this time. We read a bit last time but we want to be very prepared this time.'
bribugg13 and MamaSkunk like this.

April 16th, 2013, 12:11 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
First: 8 hours total. I was not prepared for pain so i jumped at the chance to get an epidural. I pushed just over an hour. Recovery sucked with tons of stitches.

Second: 90 minutes. I was prepared for a NCB so that's what I had. It didn't seem painful to me, hard work yes but not painful. I pushed twice, but my body was bringing the baby down on its own after my water broke. No stitches, and I felt 100% a week later.
April 16th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
First - labor started at 7 a.m. Back ache every 20 minutes. Pushed for nearly 2 hours. Delivered at 9:51 at night.

Second - I have no idea. Went for a doctor appointment before work. When they checked me I was 7 cm dialated. I "thought" I was not in labor. Was sent to L&D so they could break my water. Doc did not want me going him that far along. Walked to L&D (which is in the complex with Dr. Office). Got situated in and "discovered" I was contracting. Not very painful at all. They wanted to break my water. I said - not until I get an epidural. Person came in for epidural. Someone then broke my wanter. Nurse came in again to now start pit. Turned on IV. She looked and wow. I was fully dialated. Just needed to call the doc. Delivery at 2:35.

April 16th, 2013, 06:23 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My labor with Jaleigh was extremely drawn out and exhausting. I had regular contractions for almost 26 hours. That's right, 26 hours of painful back labor. My epidural only took on one side so I could still feel everything on one side. I was numb enough on the other side that I couldn't push very effectively and I ended up pushing for nearly an hour and a half.

My labor with Kiefer, start to finish, was 7 hours. I had another failed epidural but even with feeling everything on both side it wasn't nearly as bad as that awful back labor I had with J. As far as pushing goes, I pushed 3-4 times and he was out.

April 16th, 2013, 06:50 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just wanted to say, great question, Karey! I was wondering the same thing myself. Really happy with what I have read so far!

April 16th, 2013, 08:53 PM
NoahandLola's Mommy
My first was 4.5 hours and my second was 2 hours 5 minutes

April 16th, 2013, 09:10 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Mine have all been inductions, but my second was tons easier than my first. In fact, he came so fast, he was almost born in the hall and I didn't have time to get an epi. Despite the fact he came so fast, I didn't need stitches either and with my first I had to have a couple stitches.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
April 17th, 2013, 02:21 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
1st. Labor was around 24 hours. 2nd around 12 hours. 3rd full active labor was 3 hrs.
bribugg13 likes this.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

April 17th, 2013, 02:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow!!! These stats are very alarming to me and very pleasing i want a fast labor! I told dh I wanted to labor at home as much as possible he thinks im crazy bc the hospital is 40 min away no traffic he told me that he does not want to deliver these babies! My dr said bc I didn't feel contraction last time until they broke my water I need to be very alert and when my stomach gets hard on a regular basis no matter how many mins apart to call ASAP

April 17th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is all very encouraging for me - I had such a long, hard labour with DD, that I'm praying for an easier time with this baby.

With DD, I had gone into work on Friday morning already having uncomfortable contractions, and told DH to be ready to come pick me up from work before the end of the day. By lunchtime the contractions were painful enough that I couldn't concentrate on my work anymore and my boss told me to go home. DH came and picked me up and I was certain that I'd be holding a new baby in my arms by later that night. We went home and called the midwife to let her know what was going on. She came by to check on me, and I was only 3 cm dilated. It took me 2 full days of painful, regular contractions to get to 8 cm. By Sunday evening I was beyond exhausted, hadn't eaten or slept in two days, and I was begging them to take me to the hospital and just get it over with. My water still hadn't broken, so my midwife broke my water for me. Everything got really intense after that, but even so I had to push for about 2 more hours. DD was born just before 8 pm on Sunday night.

So yeah...you can probably see why I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a quicker second labour!

April 17th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Super Mommy
I was induced with both, but my second was definitely a bit faster and easier than my first. The first time they induced me at 6pm and he was born 1pm the next afternoon. The second time I was induced around 9:30pm and he was born 12:00pm the next afternoon. Only about 5 hours shorter for me. My first I spent 2 hours pushing with an epidural, my second I had gotten the epidural but requested it be turned off when I noticed I started going into transition, I did NOT want to have to push as long as I did with my first. He came out in three pushes, about 10 minutes and most of that time was spent waiting for the doctor and nurses to break down the bed. I'm praying I go into labor naturally this time and my blood pressure stays normal so I don't have to be induced. I'm very curious to see how fast it would go.
MamaSkunk likes this.
April 17th, 2013, 08:05 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
1st baby was 14 hours, and I was induced, so that is 14 hours from scratch.
2nd baby was about 6 hrs or less of real "labor". I had a doc appt at like 4pm, went home, had dinner, had contractions.. and she was born at 11:28 that night!

2nd labor was much easier, less painful, faster, and faster recovery.
MamaSkunk likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search