May be MIA a bit--OT

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2013, 05:43 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If any of you are on my Facebook you may have seen some recent posts of mine. I saw my grandmother just in February. She finally met my (now) DH and saw how happy I was. She even gave us a baby quilt that she hand stitched as she does for all the great grandchildren. Aidan has a quilt too that is 4 times the size of Trey's quilt but Aidan's also was never finished.
In 2006, we found out she had Lung cancer. They removed part of her right lung and started her on chemo. After a long battle, the cancer went away. She was in remission YAY. Just a couple years ago it came back and hit her hard. The cancer in her lungs were growing and dr's kept saying the chemo was just a pain reliever. Earlier this year, the dr's also found a tumor at the base of her brain. They removed that but afterwards grandma had a hard time functioning, walking, etc. When I saw her in February she looked and sounded great....getting around on a walker, still her spunky stubborn self.
A few days before my wedding (March 30) I got news that they took her off chemo as it was no longer helping as well as it was hurting her physically and making her ill. She has gone downhill pretty quickly since.
I got news from my mother yesterday that an ambulance came and took to her yesterday and hospice is willing to pay for 5 days at the hospital (for her to have a bed) but even hospice doesn't believe she will make the 5 days.
This is a woman I have known since I was about 4 yrs old and to me she is and always has been my grandma. I always saw her as a woman of steel, stubborn as a mule and a heck of a fighter. I always joked that the day the Lord came to take her home she would be fighting him to the very end. She is very incoherent and unaware of a lot of things which to me says she is no longer fighting.
I have to stay at work until the time comes as I only get 3 paid days of bereavement. I hate this waiting game.

I will come....lurk....possibly post but just know that my mind is elsewhere at the moment.

April 16th, 2013, 06:30 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I am so sorry Hun. Cancer is such an ugly thing. We are here for you when you need us!

April 16th, 2013, 08:23 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm here if you need to talk Theresa. Huge hugs!!!!

April 17th, 2013, 02:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lots of hugs your way Theresa!

April 17th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know it has to be a very hard time. I send you prayers that her time is painless. Hopefully you can find peace.

April 17th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Super Mommy
I am so very sorry. Cancer bites a big one. I always believed my daddy was a heck of a fighter too, and boy did he fight that battle until the very end.
April 17th, 2013, 11:31 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry. From my experience, hospice is a wonderful thing to have and hopefully she will be very comfortable. Lots of thoughts and prayers your way!

April 17th, 2013, 01:24 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sending you thoughts of peace & comfort during this hard time.

My grandfather, who I consider a father, passed away over 20 years ago and I still think of him EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. But I keep him alive every single day too by remembering all that he taught me, living a life I know he would be proud of, and now passing it onto my children and continuing to give meaning to his life. I feel he is always with me, never very far, and it gives me great comfort.

April 17th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Rochelle
I'm so sorry to hear this sweetie. Thoughts and prayers to you and yours.
April 17th, 2013, 06:15 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Big hugs! I'll be praying for you and your family. What a horrible thing to go through at such a happy time in your life (getting married and about to have a baby). I lost my grandmother early in this pregnancy and I am still having a hard time dealing with it. If you need someone who understands, feel free to PM me. When you get a chance and are feeling up to it, let us know how you're doing. In the meantime, I'll be praying.

April 18th, 2013, 03:14 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I am so sorry!! I will keep you in my thoughts.
April 18th, 2013, 12:31 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got news that she has perked up with all our family visiting . They have her in a hospital bed at home where she's comfortable . Thye gave her a dose of liquid morphine yesterday afternoon and she sad it made her feel better so my aunt is going to see if hospice will give it every 4 hrs. My aunt though has a fear grandma will go downhill after everyone goes back home. My aunt lives across the street from my grandparents .

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search