Swaddling

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2013, 06:29 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you plan to swaddle your baby or have you swaddled your other children?

I never swaddled my dd and she woke up a lot at night. I just never really learned about it. I have been researching and watching videos about swaddling and now I really want to swaddle Eva as part of the bedtime routine. I read all about baby's startle reflex and how it wakes them up. I am researching to make sure I do it safely though.

I just ordered Aden and Anais muslin blankets. I am so excited to get them!

http://www.amazon.com/aden-anais-Mus.../dp/B002SW3B1I

April 16th, 2013, 06:31 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Everett had to be swaddled but I can't swaddle to save my life so we used swaddlemes and wombies. I loved those things.

April 16th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have one of the Aden and Anais muslin blankets. I love how thin and stretchy they are.
April 16th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I plan on swaddling. My mom told me I couldn't sleep unless I was swaddled super tight and couldn't wiggle. LOL I'm wondering if little Arthur will be the same way. I plan to try it a few times and see if he likes it.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
April 16th, 2013, 08:10 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Both of my kids LOVED to be swaddled and wouldn't sleep good without it for several months

April 16th, 2013, 09:48 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't plan on it. DD hated being swaddled and I never had any problems with her sleeping either but then again she didn't sleep on her own either...I held her and bedshared. So I doubt i will swaddle him.

April 16th, 2013, 10:37 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DD had to be swaddled until she was almost 8 months! The muslin blanket worked best when she was really tiny but later on we used a summer infant swaddleme. I loved that thing! I ordered a size small for Henry and we'll see if he likes it.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

April 17th, 2013, 12:04 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Both my kids had to be swaddled if they weren't in bed with me (Kiefer for much longer than Jaleigh). I suck at swaddling and could never get it as tight as they liked so DF has become designated swaddler in our house.

April 17th, 2013, 02:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Dd did not like to be swaddled she would squirm until she got her hands out. I think it is bc when she was inside she always slept with one hand behind her head and did for a long time after. However I use to have a mean swaddle!! Too bad it went to waste lol!

April 17th, 2013, 04:20 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You can swaddle with their arms out.

April 17th, 2013, 04:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I want to try this time. They did not have those blankets with my others (either that or I did not know). Our first never slept anywhere other than on me. I wanted him to. It just didn't work. Perhaps this will help.

April 17th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DD had to be swaddled to sleep for the first few months - we always just used receiving blankets and that worked great. I did buy a few of those swaddle-sleep sack thingies this time around, because I saw some on sale that had a really cute woodland animal print on them. But if they don't work out, I'll just fall back to receiving blankets since we never had any problem with that. DH has an aversion to the word swaddle for some reason, so he calls it burrito baby, lol.

April 17th, 2013, 05:04 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
We tried as well, but Connor hated it and would cry until we "released" him! We had the summer swaddler things, too, and found if we left his arms out, he tolerated it more. They didn't last long though!

I LOVE A&A, we have the dream blanket that Connor still uses, it's awesome!

April 17th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sebastian hated being swaddled, Alex didn't care one way or the other

April 17th, 2013, 07:13 AM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first didn't care, but my second had to be swaddled until he was at least 6 months or he would wake himself up at night. I have an infant swaddler, that is lightweight, stretchy, and zips up the front - it looks like a pod for the baby. Can't remember the brand. But he loved it! And being in TX, I love that it was light weight. I've already bought another for babygirl. Hopefully she likes it too.

April 17th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It seems like you could save a ton of money just making your own out of the same material at the fabric store.

April 17th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
http://www.danamadeit.com/2012/03/ce...-blankets.html

April 17th, 2013, 07:50 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Both of my boys loved to be swaddled, and with my 6 year-old is was absolutely necessary! He was colicky and fussed all night long, but it was SO MUCH WORSE if I didn't get him swaddled properly. The nurses at the hospital taught me with my first, but my dad actually was the best at swaddling my kiddos. He watched my oldest at night starting at 6 weeks when I went back to work, and THAT NIGHT he started sleeping through the night.
April 17th, 2013, 08:00 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
I swaddled both of my kids. I am planning to swaddle our new baby too. I am just using receiving blankets for swaddling. I got a book called The Happiest Baby on the Block and also watched the "movie" on this and it shows a method of swaddling and other tips to help calm your baby. I can't wait to try them

April 17th, 2013, 08:05 AM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
i want to try but have never attempted it being a FTM

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search