Detergent???

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2013, 03:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I want to take a poll.
For our cd mamas..
what brand of detergent do you use to wash your cloth diapers?
what type of water do you have hard or soft?
Do you use same detergent for diapers and regular clothes? If not why?

I am also going to post this in the cd board but it seems like it is mostly our group who responds anyways.

April 17th, 2013, 04:52 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I use Rockin Green for my diapers. We have a water softener so I use the Soft Rock version of it. It's great, but it only comes in unscented or as they call it "bare naked babies". I don't use it for my regular laundry cuz it's kind of expensive.

April 17th, 2013, 04:56 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Rockin' Green for my diapers (Hard Rock, we have hard-ish water lol) I grab whatever is available as far as scent because it doesn't linger, you just smell it while it's in the bag and that's about it lol (too bad, I'd love to have yummy smelling dipes! ha)

Free & Clear detergent for clothes, less expensive and I just never thought to use one detergent for both.

April 17th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Super Mommy
I use Rockin' Green, too. Classic Rock. I do usually use it on our regular laundry too, but I'm still on my first bag and have had it for over a month and still have about half or so of the bag left. I use a little less than a tablespoon for a regular load, and a little less than a tsp for DS2's overnight diaper. I don't know if I'll continue to use the Rockin' Green for regular clothes, because it is quite pricey, but I also don't have to use fabric softener with it either.
April 17th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I use Rockin Green in Classic also. I only use it on my diapers since its to pricey to use on all stuff. I use any free and clear for our clothes.

April 17th, 2013, 09:53 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Rockin green here as well. We use hard rock as we have very hard water. I use Kirkland laundry soap on everything else.

April 17th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
anyone tried charlies or nellies or stink pot? if so what did you think? I have really hard water and want to find the best without having to try a bunch

April 17th, 2013, 11:41 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
what brand of detergent do you use to wash your cloth diapers? I make laundry soap using a bar of Fels Naptha, washing soda, and borax
what type of water do you have hard or soft? very hard well water
Do you use same detergent for diapers and regular clothes? If not why? use the same

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 17th, 2013, 12:01 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmomofmany View Post
what brand of detergent do you use to wash your cloth diapers? I make laundry soap using a bar of Fels Naptha, washing soda, and borax
Do you use same detergent for diapers and regular clothes? If not why? use the same
I was just going to ask if anyone made their own. We make our own laundry soap but I have never used it with cloth diapers. Does it work well?
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
April 17th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmomofmany View Post

Yea, this. I'm really not sure how hard our well water is though. It tastes so good. I'll have to ask DH.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search