Braxton hicks

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2013, 10:09 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Who is having them? What stops them?

April 17th, 2013, 10:25 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I have been having them for what seems like forever. Usually, if I lay down, they will slowly go away but lately, I've been having them at my nst's and was even having them while in the hospital and on magnesium. Cervix is still long though. They are just really annoying.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
April 17th, 2013, 10:30 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I am having them. I didn't get them with either of the boys so I am not sure but I get times where it gets tight and sort of uncomfortable and they come and go so I am assuming that is what they are. I normally try to lay down or sit and drink some water when they start. That seems to help.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
April 17th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Been having them for a couple of months, they're kinda painful sometimes. When I clean or do too much around the house makes it worse so I've been trying to take it slow. Laying down and breathing deeply kinda helps.

April 17th, 2013, 10:48 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Being a first timer, I can't be sure that it's BH, but I've been getting a really tight feeling under my belly button and sometimes it's pretty uncomfortable. I assume that's what they are. I get them when I do too much. I did the grocery shopping today and had to stop and breathe a few times because they were pretty bad. I normally just try to breathe through them and relax for a few minutes.

April 17th, 2013, 01:35 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, now I know what BH feels like...I never had with it DS and with this LO they started up a couple of weeks ago. At first they began when I went overboard with activity but recently they've come on without any kind of exertion. Sometimes water works or resting...but other times it doesn't and I just ride them out. They're not painful but sometimes uncomfortable.

April 17th, 2013, 01:43 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had them since 16 weeks this time. They don't really bother me anymore (with DD I remember obsessively timing them because they would come every 3 minutes and I didn't know what labor ctx felt like.) I get them randomly, but more so when I'm on my feet. When I'm at work I get them alllllll day. Sitting and drinking water helps but since they don't really bug me I don't do a lot to prevent them. Considering how many I had with DD and the fact that I went to 42 weeks and had a 60 hour labor, I know they're harmless!

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

April 17th, 2013, 02:10 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been having tons of them. Honestly, nothing really brings them on and nothing really stops them. They come and go on almost a daily basis lately. I don't ever remember having this many with either other pregnancy. Some are bordering on painful but most of the time they are just annoying.

April 17th, 2013, 03:46 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was getting them for awhile when I was overdoing it physically, but I haven't had any in at least a week. I didn't find anything other than relaxation helped them.

April 17th, 2013, 06:08 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have them all. the. time. So much so that my midwife asked me to start keeping count each day so she could get an idea of what was really going on. I forgot to start counting until 10am today (I got up just after 6) and I've had 26 since I started counting. Nothing in particular brings them on and nothing in particular gets them to stop. I've even had them while I'm still laying in bed in the morning before I get up. Ugh, so over it.

April 17th, 2013, 07:33 PM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get them all the time too! They really start coming on when I'm exercising which ks annoying because if I'm walking I feel like ive gotta pee the entire time just from the pressure of the contractions... id say the bh constractions are annoying me the most right now..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search