OT: A letter to my just hitting puberty son....

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By sunnydaze
  • 1 Post By Kyla0709
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Boy Logic of a 12 year old.

Moms are genderless. We are not women, or girls. There is no reason to be shy…or you know, wear underwear around them. Surely, in the privacy of your own home, you should be able to freeball as much as you want.

Why does that person whom gave me life keep *****ing at me to put on pants anyways?
Let me fill you in, my beloved son.

While I understand that you are so very proud of your first and only pube thus far, the whole world doesn’t need to see it. *I* don’t need to see it. So when you get out of the shower, please don’t casually stroll to the fridge in your birthday suit for a drink. For the love of God, I eat out of there!

You are changing now, your body is changing, and as all knowing as I may seem to be most days, I have no clue how little boy’s bodies look as they grow into men and I almost scarred you for life last week, when I called to make you an appointment with the doctor to get you checked out, because quite frankly, it looks funny.

You are lucky, your father, whom usually doesn’t bother himself to look at the calendar, glanced at it and noticed you had a pending doctors appointment coming up and questioned me about it. He had reassured me that this odd little growth spurt you are going through is normal. If left to my own devices, I would have dragged you off to have a professional inform me of such. How much worse would that have been?

From this hence….there is a strict “You must always wear pants” policy in place in this house, or I will come up with creative ways to pay you back for this atrocity. Put your junk away!
hilachu and MamaSkunk like this.

April 18th, 2013, 08:52 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hahahahahaha. Omg priceless Tania!

April 18th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm telling you, halfway through writing this, my 5 year old came strolling in without a stitch on.

I was all GO PUT YOUR PANTS ON!!!

April 18th, 2013, 09:02 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol . My DD gets a kick out of being naked too. And I'm sure this lil guy won't be any different. I have memories of my youngest bro running away from everyone shouting that he was "Naked!!" Even at 4 and 5 lol. So I think its mostly a boy thing.

April 18th, 2013, 09:49 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hahahahaha!

April 18th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This made me laugh....and then go, "oh dear, is this a glimpse into my possible future?" LOL

Thank you Vicki.. for the beautiful siggy
April 18th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlechicksteph View Post
This made me laugh....and then go, "oh dear, is this a glimpse into my possible future?" LOL
yes it is LMAO

April 18th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Super Mommy
OMG I LOLed so much at this! Having had two brothers I remember these days all too well.
sunnydaze likes this.
April 18th, 2013, 04:26 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I am not going to deal well with having a boy! My girls have naked dance time before and after their bath. I totally remember doing the same when I was their age, but DH thinks it's so weird
sunnydaze likes this.
April 18th, 2013, 04:27 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my gosh! That is funny!

April 18th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCrafty View Post
I am not going to deal well with having a boy! My girls have naked dance time before and after their bath. I totally remember doing the same when I was their age, but DH thinks it's so weird
It doesn't seem to bother my husband when Alex strolls around naked, but I think it bothers me more because I am of the other gender.

To this day, I can get changed with my mom and sisters in the room with me...but my brothers? Um no.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search