Lets talk about poop, ladies. (TMI ahead!)

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 1 Post By Hopeful2BMommy
  • 1 Post By MerinSun
  • 2 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By D&K's_mama
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2013, 02:31 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay, so we've talked about a lot of things including bowel movements/habits, other bathroom habits, spotting, mucous plugs, and vomit. So I don't feel that bad about posting about poop again.

Anyone notice a change in bowel habits? I became constipated to the max starting in my second tri and I began taking colace nightly. For the last 3 weeks or so, I've had to up it to 3 capsules nightly just to be able to feel somewhat comfortable. I noticed the last 3 days that I've been going more, so I took the colace back down to two caps. It seems like I'm still going more. I guess I'll take it down to 1 capsule tonight. I'm not complaining, believe me, but anyone else having this issue?

April 20th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
not to be gross or anything, but I usually go just fine right after my first cup of coffee in the morning.

The seems to get everything going just fine.

April 20th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Lucky you! Even coffee doesn't get me started unless I've taken the colace the night before. Although it seems to work the last couple days. I guess I'll see what happens when I decrease the colace to 1 cap.

April 20th, 2013, 03:58 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your body will get much more regular closer to your due date hun. Our bodies have a way of emptying things out fairly well in an attempt to make room for baby to come out.
eshute likes this.

April 20th, 2013, 04:29 PM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
Nope .... still as constipated as ever!!!!! ugh!! AND with hemorrhoids! Talk about TMI But i am miserable!

April 20th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep, I've noticed a big difference this week!
eshute likes this.
April 20th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
Your body will get much more regular closer to your due date hun. Our bodies have a way of emptying things out fairly well in an attempt to make room for baby to come out.
I have a co-worker in her early twenties who is in turn fascinated and horrified by pregnancy. She didn't even know you could feel the baby move around in you and kick at various organs/bones! Anyway, another co-worker told her about his wife's fear of pooing in front of doctors and nurses and so she had an enema before the birth to make sure she was all cleared out. My co-worker was honestly horrified by the whole thing. I laughed and told her that many women tend to clear themselves out during the labor. The longer your labor is the more likely you won't be squeezing anything out at the end other than a baby.

I remember towards the end of my last pregnancy that I was having more BMs during one day than I have ever had in my life, lol.
eshute likes this.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

April 20th, 2013, 10:12 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am definitely NOT constipated anymore! I hope it doesn't mean labor is close, lol. You would think with this being my 3rd pregnancy I would know this stuff, but I don't haha.
D&K's_mama and eshute like this.

April 20th, 2013, 11:38 PM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm def still constipated ugh...normally my first cup coffee in the morns does the trick but while preggo seems nothing really works even taking colace doesn't really do much..I try to eat lots of finer ..
eshute likes this.

April 21st, 2013, 05:42 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I do remember going more often as I got closer to my due date last time. Oh and the early stages of both labors I was on the toilet for a bit, so there was no poo when it came time to push
eshute likes this.
April 21st, 2013, 07:03 AM
Rochelle
coffee normally does it for me.
April 21st, 2013, 10:37 AM
Good to know it's normal and some of you other ladies have had changes as well. I only took one colace last night and I've gone twice. Even with two colace caps a few weeks ago, I was lucky to go once. (TMI). I'm getting belly cramps like I'm going to get the runs, but I don't. I also hate that my need to go to the bathroom cramps feel exactly like horrible period cramps. Although, I have had some extra lower back pain the last two or three days. I guess my body is really starting to gear up. Which is good, I guess, but it's a little scary! Thanks for all the input ladies!

April 21st, 2013, 12:20 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yep still constipated as ever. Its not been very bad the last week or two but I've been eating tons of watermelon (high water content), plus my normal water intake AND miralax so I've almost been "normal"...which is abnormal for me non prego status. Non prego I take poo pills every day of my life to poo once a day *sigh*

April 21st, 2013, 04:21 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I have never had any issues in that department while pregnant

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search