BTDT Moms: Double Stroller?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 2 Post By SassySami
  • 1 Post By LisaS
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By PurpleStar
  • 1 Post By sunnydaze
  • 1 Post By hilachu
  • 1 Post By Madison.Hailey.Zack
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2013, 07:59 AM
Super Mommy
For moms who've already had 2 (or more) little ones...how necessary was a double stroller? We were focused on getting one awhile back (my kids will be 18 months apart) but after thinking about it we figured maybe just skip it. We can still use our graco stroller which fits the carseat and we have an umbrella stroller we can use for our oldest, or he can walk, or be put in a cart. We don't really get out too much, just normal errands (grocery shopping and such) Am i being naive or should i strongly consider getting one?
April 21st, 2013, 08:08 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This one will be our second one and DD will be just over 2 1/2 and I did purchase a double jogging stroller cuz I want to be real active afterwards and go jogging with them both..(Im a SAHM mom so they both would come with me) Also as a family we do tons and tons of outings and hiking etc.
And those are the only two reasons I purchased one. As if it wasn't for both reasons I couldn't foresee why one would be used tons.however maybe a sit n stand would be a good option for you if your older one did want to sit down or if you didn't want to push two strollers or for outings.
KellBell2621 likes this.

April 21st, 2013, 08:39 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
I hated my double stroller and I had like the most amazing one a Peg Perego Aria Twin, almost $400.. It sucked soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad!!

I maybe getting a double jogger, not sure which one yet. I'm a huge runner, and need to get back into to it.

My dream is a double bob jogger, but I may have to sell a child for one of those haha
KellBell2621 and crawmommy like this.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

April 21st, 2013, 08:56 AM
Super Mommy
haha yes they can be very pricey, another reason why we opted not to get one yet. my main reason would just be going for walks...i'm usually by myself (sahm) and dh works nights/sleeps all day or works evenings/sleeps all day lol. but i could put LO in the carrier or wait til later in the day when dh can go with us. it's just such an investment i'd want to make sure we got our money's worth out of it. i suppose we could always just wait and see. if after a few trips out we realize we desperately want it then we can get it then.

btw i admire you ladies with the jogging! good for you!!
April 21st, 2013, 11:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not a stroller person AT ALL. I had DS when DD was 19 months old, so that was actually the first time I used the single stroller that came with our travel system. I wore DS and put DD in the stroller. We did that for about 6 months, then DD started walking on her own and I could ditch the stroller. DD has always been a good hand holder, and I've been working on DS walking and holding hands/staying near me since getting pregnant this time. We will do Disneyland from open to close (in the middle of the week, so it's 10-8), just me and my almost 3 year old and 4.5 year old, with no stroller. I am a SAHM, so we spend a lot of time going to the zoo, Sea World, or Disneyland, so with my first two so close together in age, the stroller was necessary. Just not a double stroller.
KellBell2621 likes this.
April 21st, 2013, 12:28 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My double stroller has gotten plenty of use. But mostly because my kids would get into EVERYTHING in the store and run circles around me! lol. I still have one that does that and with the new baby, I will buying a new one. My other stroller is pretty worn out now.
KellBell2621 likes this.

April 21st, 2013, 01:00 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar March 2015 DDC Co-Host
I'm wondering this too! I was planning on getting one already but decided to hold off...they are a good chunk of money and just want to be sure before investing. DS loved his stroller...still does but hes a great walker these days so we don't take it everywhere anymore but when we go for outings and know at some point he'll tire out, we take it and its still valuable to us.

So for now we're just planning to use the stroller we have for DS if needed and babywear for the early months or put her in the carrier and snap it on to the stroller while DS walks.
KellBell2621 likes this.

April 21st, 2013, 03:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
the double strollers seem to go real cheap on craigslist used.

I am antistroller....they are giant pains to lug around. I am all about teaching junior to walk next to me asap.
KellBell2621 likes this.

April 21st, 2013, 04:28 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
im not getting one as DS HATES the stroller
he refuses to use one so theres no point in spending that kind of money for it not to be used
KellBell2621 likes this.

April 21st, 2013, 05:19 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I got a Graco one after we had Hailey. I've used it a handful of times. Since this is #3 I plan to use it more for when we go out for day trips like to the zoo. It will work great since the girls can sit in it and I can wear Zack or if Madison wants to walk then Zack can go in the stroller. We also have the travel system and an umbrella stroller.
KellBell2621 likes this.

April 21st, 2013, 06:34 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I never used one with the girls. Lily was 2 when Abri was born and had been preferring to walk when we went to stores anyway. Abri always hated her stroller so we haven't used it since she was maybe 16-17 months old. She'll be 3 when this baby is born and she is getting better about walking with me at stores.
KellBell2621 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search