Swelling!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2013, 10:02 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The last few days I have had crazy swelling in my ankles and feet. They are fine in the morning but by noon my shoes are feeling really tight. To make matters worse, I have pregnancy-related carpal tunnel in both wrists, so I wake up with my wrists bothering me and by the end of the day the swelling has moved to my feet. Come on, June!

April 21st, 2013, 10:06 AM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh you and me both....to the point where even just wearing socks yesterday...when I took my socks off I had "fat rolls" on my legs because apparently my socks were too tight. WTH?!?!?

April 21st, 2013, 11:42 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have to say that the swelling in my ankles is probably my least favorite pregnancy related symptom! I'm overweight to begin with, but somehow was blessed with nice ankles. They aren't cankles, and they aren't even a little chubby. I know it sounds funny, but I really cherish the idea that SOMETHING on my body isn't fat. Haha. The first time they swelled really bad, I cried. I looked at SO and said "I HAVE FAT ANKLES!" Poor guy. He just looked at me for a second. Then laughed and said "they're not fat, they're swollen...and you're pregnant." They've been swelling more lately. Even if I take it easy during the day, just taking the dog out and doing the dishes means swollen ankles and uncomfortable socks.

April 21st, 2013, 12:36 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My feet started up too...not as bad as with DS...seriously it looked like I had freakin Elephantitis with my ankles/feet and painful at times. I would have to elevate and ice my feet at work. This time they're just puffy but I still elevate as soon as I get home. Its so sexy!

April 21st, 2013, 04:29 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I have only had twice episodes of my right ankle swelling. Its always my right and not my left. I'm surprised it hasn't started already.

April 21st, 2013, 10:54 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh gosh with DD I was so swollen it was awful. By the time I delivered at 41 weeks my feet were twice their normal size and you couldn't even see those bones that stick out on the ankle. I could poke my finger into the top of my foot and it would leave this massive indent that stayed there for several minutes. My Dr kept telling me to go swimming. The water pressure does wonders for easing some of that swelling down...especially the deeper into the water you go. So if your hurting bad and you have a local indoor pool...totally go swimming!

April 22nd, 2013, 04:25 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I've recently been having issues with kankles. I wear support socks and sometimes TED hose (white lock tight socks they give you in the hospital to help with circulation). That seems to help tremendously! I'm having swelling in my hands too! I can't even wear my wedding rings. And that's the worst part for me!
April 22nd, 2013, 08:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My swelling has started as well, my feet and ankles are a bit swollen by the end of the night. Not too bad though. I've also been getting lots of leg cramps, Charlie horses at night

April 22nd, 2013, 08:30 AM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
i feel your pain. I have no ankles anymore...lol And the carpel tunnel thing is the worst. My right hand is numb most of the day. Do you wear wrist braces at night?
April 22nd, 2013, 02:40 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No, I've been meaning to buy wrist braces and forget when I'm at the store. Heaven for bid I buy something that will help me. You would think the constant pain in my wrists would be a good reminder. Nope, not so much.

April 22nd, 2013, 03:10 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had cankles seriously for most of this pregnancy. I have been worried at points that something was wrong it was getting bad and it happened so early on but so far my BP has been good and everything. But I am living in flip flops now, I can't wear any other shoes!

April 22nd, 2013, 07:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
^^ I'm with Valerie. I live in flip flops right now because my feet won't fit in any other shoes. First my fingers swelled, and I can't wear my wedding rings any more which made me sad. And then one day my feet wouldn't go in my shoes. Thank goodness we live in Florida and can get away with wearing flip flops all the time. But I've become the sub that sits all the time, because it hurts my feet to stand, and I've started putting my feet up whenever I sit anywhere.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
April 24th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Expecting #1 July 2013 <3
My feet/ankles have been swelling too And my hands/fingers are as well so I put my wedding rings on a necklace that I wear everyday, I dont want risk having to have it cut off! I miss looking down at my hand and seeing my pretty ring

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search