Nurse Thank Yous?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ashleykathleen

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2013, 02:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay BTDT moms. I was surfing Pinterest last night in the kids section, and there were lots of things that mentioned thank yous for nurses after you give birth. Is this an expected thing? I've never heard of it until last night. Is it just a common courtesy or something that some moms do to go above and beyond? Do the nurses expect it? What have you done in the past?

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
April 21st, 2013, 02:39 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nurses almost never get thank you. Ever. Which is sad because its them that are there with you often thru your whole labor depending on when shifts start and end and how long your labor is. And as someone who has a whole bunch of nurses in my family(we really are a nursing and a few drs family lol) I can tell you even if you gave them a simple thank you card in advance it would probably mean the world to them. This I do feel is an excellent idea and would maybe even keep say half a dozen rewritten thank you cards in your hospital bag as you will likely have more than one nurse. And nurses really do about 80% of the work and often all your Dr will do is catch your baby lol.
I really love this idea and think I will prewrite some for my hospital bag and a special note for my auntie who is gonna be my main nurse.

April 21st, 2013, 03:25 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Ive never done it. But it seems like a good idea especially if you have an amazing nurse. I need to look for something for my midwives.

April 21st, 2013, 04:13 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I've never done it, but I wish I had something for the nurses I had with Abri. They were awesome! One delivered her and the other was there to calm me down when the random doctor got mean.
April 21st, 2013, 04:28 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I've never done it but I've gotten a Thank you note from the hospital signed by one of my nurses both pregnancies. My nurse with Madison was wonderful!

April 21st, 2013, 04:50 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No I haven't done it, but I really REALLY wish I would have when I had my daughter. My nurse was AMAZING. I meant to send her a thank you card after but I never did and it is one of my regrets. I don't remember her name now.

April 21st, 2013, 06:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Never heard of it but it is a cute idea

April 21st, 2013, 07:49 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've only done it for one nurse and it was when I was in labor with Kiefer. My experience with my epidural was so awful and she felt so bad that she really went above and beyond to do anything she could to try to make me comfortable. She stepped in much like a doula would when it became apparent that the epidural just wasn't going to work. She did all of this without DF or myself asking her to. The next day DF had a picture of the four of us after delivery printed up, slipped it in a card with a rather long thank you note from us, and a visa gift card delivered to her. She stopped by later that day before we checked out to say thank you and see the baby. She is honestly my reason I'm delivering at the same hospital this time.
beatlechicksteph likes this.

April 22nd, 2013, 07:32 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tradition around here is you get ALL the nurses a gift of some sort. Last time I got pizza for the day shift and cookies for the night shift. Not quite sure what I will be doing this time - I was thinking maybe one of the edible arrangement fruit flowers and cookies. Cookies go over big especially for the overnighters. My sister is an oncology nurse and one family even paid for their Christmas party this year after the death of their daughter who was on my sisters floor for almost 2 1/2 years.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search