I'm sorry

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By mommy220
  • 1 Post By 4hearts
  • 1 Post By MarylandMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2013, 08:22 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
So a few people have posted that they have felt left out or people are not responding so they have disappeared. I really hate for anyone to feel like that, I know it's not my fault per say but I have been there and even though its an online group I know it's hurtful and that just makes me sad. So I would like to do some uplifting posts about being included ect. Please if you are feeling off or left out let me know, bump up your post, make it known that its how you are feeling. Hugs to the ladies who have felt or are feeling this way!

April 21st, 2013, 08:34 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think its your fault Lyndsay. I think we ALL have had sad moments because these darn pregnancy hormones They are a total bummer. Last pregnancy I was like the hulk always getting pissed off over nothing. This time I cry at the drop of a hat. Its so awful. I do hope everyone knows that they are all important and cared about.

April 21st, 2013, 10:13 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw, I am sorry to those ladies too! I try to answer all the questions that I have any knowledge or experience about But I really want everyone to stick around! I will try and make it a goal to answer every topic

April 22nd, 2013, 03:16 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope I don't sound rude but I don't think we can get too sensitive about how many people post in an online forum. It is definitely not anyone's fault. I think any one of us could feel "left out" if we count how many times people respond compared to other times. I think it just all depends on the topic and what people have to say about it. I would rather have a few people respond genuinely with advice or something than 10 responses that people wrote just because they were afraid I would get offended. I think everyone here is great and would never purposefully exclude anyone!! I think it really is just hormones They are horrible!!

April 22nd, 2013, 03:16 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ladies, please don't feel responsible. Being one of the ladies that has felt left out at times or maybe just didn't get very many responses, I understand how they feel. In the end, it's more about what you expect to get out of this. Sometimes now that I'm out of work, I forget that a lot of the members are still working full time and I know I didn't come around for a few days here and there when I was working because I was just so busy. I just let go of the negative feels and move on because it's worth it to me to stick around. No one on here owes anyone anything. Please don't feel that way.

April 22nd, 2013, 04:03 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm very inconsistent with responding to posts and that's not an intentional thing toward anyone. I'm usually on this forum everyday but sometimes don't reply to post for days. And that a time issue for me. When I reply, I want to have time to put a thoughtful answer or reply down. Sometimes I read 10 posts I want to reply on but don't have the time so I think I'll sit down after the kids go to bed and reply but then I'm wanting to go to bed as well so I don't even get back on the forum. I've got three kids at home and still working 30+ hours a week. I would absolutely LOVE to reply to all the posts/threads but its more of a time thing for me.

I personally love this forum. Sometimes when I post a thread, I get 3 replies or maybe 15. What's more important to me is everything I'm learning from you ladies and I'm forever grateful! And Lindsey....you are AWESOME!

Last edited by Steph625; April 22nd, 2013 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Typo
April 22nd, 2013, 04:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I wholeheartedly agree with everything mommy220 said. Its alot of sensitivity going around right now.

I know I am. I have to check myself several times throughout the day to make sure I am not overreacting to situations.

As you said earlier, a lot things factor into post reads/reponses such as time zones and work schedules.

Also, I think maybe we can stop "Let's everyone start a new thread" challenges, because I feel that a lot of that can just be fodder to make our board ratings better as a whole but doesn't actually contribute much helpful to the group.

Ill admit, I didn't sift through most of those posts, it was too much.

April 22nd, 2013, 06:01 AM
Rochelle
I think people are pretty supportive in here and post genuinely and I appreciate that. We have a very drama free board and that's so rare but I'll admit I would love it if we'd PLAY more! I love games. I've wanted to post more fun stuff but didn't want to get on yall's nerves. I just wanted to throw this out there and see if anyone else feels the same and we could all take turns posting GTKY subjects. Not flood the board or anything but a couple a day maybe. At this stage in pg, I'm yearning for a distraction from all the stuff I need to get done and the nerves I'm feeling. A lot of posts being made these days have to do with things I'm tired of thinking about so I'll admit to skipping those. I just thought it'd be nice to lighten the mood.

I do think that I've been feeling tense and moody lately too and have been real sensitive also. It's hard to not be freaking the heck out right now. We're about to have our babies!!!
MamaSkunk likes this.
April 22nd, 2013, 06:53 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know that I have skipped responding to posts when I feel like everything worthwhile has already been said. Lyndsey, you are always quick to respond and usually have great information, so it certainly isn't you making people feel like they don't respond. I try to get on and read and respond to as many posts as I can, but some days there are a lot. I work and have a lot of family responsibility and I know a lot of other people do, too. And sometimes, several of us, including myself, will post about similar things close together and it may be that people get tired of saying the same thing. We all have crazy hormones and they affect us all differently. Some get overly sensitive and emotional, some people are more likely to get annoyed or to think that something just isn't a big deal. And we are also a pretty busy group of women. Many of you ladies have multiple kids already, we have lots of working moms, and we have lots of ladies going through some significant life events. I think it's a lot to ask that every person respond to every post. I am sure we have all had a time or two where more responses would have been nice, but at the same time, I think most people recognize that it's not personal and people have a lot going on.
Gen88 likes this.

April 22nd, 2013, 07:09 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy220 View Post
I hope I don't sound rude but I don't think we can get too sensitive about how many people post in an online forum. It is definitely not anyone's fault. I think any one of us could feel "left out" if we count how many times people respond compared to other times. I think it just all depends on the topic and what people have to say about it. I would rather have a few people respond genuinely with advice or something than 10 responses that people wrote just because they were afraid I would get offended. I think everyone here is great and would never purposefully exclude anyone!! I think it really is just hormones They are horrible!!
Totally agree. I'm not going to respond to a post just because I want them to get logs of comments. If I can relate or have answers for someone, I'll respond. I don't want people to respond to my posts just because they're there. Usually, my posts are questions and I want people to answer who have experience or know the answers. It's different if it's an us pic or something they're sharing, though.

Sorry you ladies feel left out.
April 22nd, 2013, 07:48 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I've only asked for people to start a new thread once because I had run out of ideas, sometimes it's difficult to think of new topics to post and as host it's one of the requirements to start a few new topics a day. Some I try to be on topic and some I try to be off topic. The motw was going so well for getting to know everyone which is why there were less of those topics on the board. But I will try to get more on the board since motw has seemed to take a dive. I too have been in the place the ladies have been so I know how much it sucks to feel that way. I know that it's not an intentional thing and I don't think people should respond just to respond either. What is important though is to let others know you need help or if something is important and has been bumped to the bottom to bring it back up to the top. Most of the time I'm mobile so I too will read a post and come back later to respond. Which is why I have said it several times to not take the viewed count personal. We have tons of lurkers who are not even apart of this board and people we are not even apart of JM reading here so each time the post is opened another count is added. My main point of this post was to let others know that it's not an intentional thing by anyone on this board and that even though its not my fault I am sorry people have had their feelings hurt.

April 22nd, 2013, 02:48 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Another thing to consider is that people may read a topic and for whatever reason have no reason to respond, whether it be because they have no advice or experience, they have nothing to say, or maybe what they want to say has already been said. I'd rather read fewer responses that are relevant than a bunch of "I agree"s.

I admit, I have been guilty of feeling left out once or twice, but quickly got my emotions in check. I am just thankful that all of the ladies on this board are so respectful of each other and that I have learned so much valuable information from everyone.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search