Gtky 4/22

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2013, 08:05 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
When you first met your dh did you think you would be where you are with him right now?

April 22nd, 2013, 08:08 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I first met him, I was head-over-heals for his best friend, and the thought of ever dating him never occurred to me until about a year after his bff and I broke up.
April 22nd, 2013, 08:45 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not at all! DH was supposed to be a no-strings-attached fling! I'm so glad it turned out to be much, much more.

April 22nd, 2013, 09:04 AM
No way! I was 18 and he was 16! We talked about our futures but nothing that I thought would really go anywhere. Little did I know we would be where we are 10 years later!

April 22nd, 2013, 09:18 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I knew DH was the one from the moment I locked eyes with him. I knew that we would be married and have a family someday. I just knew he was my ONE. I can't explain how or why I knew but I just felt it.

April 22nd, 2013, 10:03 AM
Super Mommy
nope! lol, i actually tried to break up with him a week after we started dating because he seemed more like an annoying little brother than a boyfriend. he told me i was being stupid and i took it as a challenge...well almost 8 years later we're still obviously together. i would say about 3-4 months into the relationship was when i really fell in love with him - i realized he's the only guy who ever actually cared about how i felt and didn't judge me. after a year or two i was the one begging him to propose!
April 22nd, 2013, 12:57 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No! He is 10 1/2 years older than me. When I first met him I was in high school and he was doing my HR training at my first job LOL. I remember thinking.. That guy probably has like 2 kids and does grown up things like drinking coffee while reading his newspaper

And now here we are. And he had no kids, wasn't married. And he hates coffee. And newspapers.

April 22nd, 2013, 05:09 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
No way! He wasn't my type at all. Still in high school when I was heading to college, a partier who was dating another girl, super outgoing when I was shy and nerdy. I figured it would be a fun summer fling before I left for my freshman year of college, but we stayed together and did the long distance thing. I am so glad I took the chance and asked him out on that first date
April 22nd, 2013, 05:16 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha, no. When I met him, it was bc a friend of mine had invited us to go to his school's college homecoming (long but really funny story), I was a few months out of a three and half yr relationship and not looking for anything serious. He was also majorly not my type. I never expected to hear from him, but he found me on Facebook (way in the early days when you had to be a student at a member college to join) and we started talking/flirting. Even after we started hanging out, in my mind, it was just for fun for as long as it lasted. I was so in denial about how I felt about him for the longest time. The first two times he told me he loved me, I told him he shouldn't say that to me. Poor guy. But we have been together for over 8 years and will celebrate our 6th anniversary in July.

April 22nd, 2013, 05:28 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Not at all. Let's just say he did not make the best first impression! But we were in the same math class (my junior year) so after a couple months I agreed to go on a date.

He says that he knew, the first moment he saw me, that we would be married and have a bunch of kids. But he also says that back then he defined a "bunch" as three.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 22nd, 2013, 07:08 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Definitely not. Honestly, I thought he was very attractive but I couldn't stand how cocky he was. Initially I thought it would be just a fun fling or "friends with benefits" type of thing. I was in denial for awhile when it obviously was turning into much more.

April 23rd, 2013, 06:01 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, actually. I was tired of chasing jerks but I was still in the space where I wasn't attracted to a guy who wasn't a challenge. Elliot had seen me out at a bar and couldn't work up the courage to talk to me, so he wrote an I Saw You for me. I read it and was flattered, but who responds to those? I didn't recall who he was. We had mutual friends and he started asking around about me, but I was turned off because he couldn't just work up the nerve to actually talk to me or pass along his number. This went on for months until I got my heart broken by some a-hole and decided to at least set up a meeting with him because he at least seemed like a sweet guy and apparently he was into me, lol. I still maintained that if he couldn't actually ask me out on a real date, I wasn't going to do the work. I wanted to be pursued, dangit!

We got together with mutual friends at the same bar where he saw me in the first place, and he spent the entire night trying to work up the courage to talk to me. I know this because I heard a friend giving him a pep talk while I was ordering a drink. I thought it was sweet but still pretty silly and was losing interest fast. My roommate and I got on our coats to leave and it wasn't until I was halfway out the door that he called my name and finally asked me to dinner.

I knew approximately eight seconds into our first date that he was the one. I can't believe how stubborn I was and I'm so glad he grew a pair before I let him get away!

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

April 23rd, 2013, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.June2013 View Post
No! He is 10 1/2 years older than me. When I first met him I was in high school and he was doing my HR training at my first job LOL. I remember thinking.. That guy probably has like 2 kids and does grown up things like drinking coffee while reading his newspaper

And now here we are. And he had no kids, wasn't married. And he hates coffee. And newspapers.
My parents are 10 years apart. They celebrate 29 years of marriage this year.

April 23rd, 2013, 08:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Um no! We met at a bar the first day in a town we were both visiting hours away from both our homes(his is SE Iowa mine in Minneapolis MN). He was in taxidermy school there and I was just visiting. He had his friends ask me for my number which I was like whatever how old are we? I ended up giving it to him but never expected to hear from him. I was in a place in my life where I didn't really want anything to do with guys. He ended up calling and I agreed to hang out and go eat. He was total opposite...hick, blond/blue eyes, liked county...but it was refreshing. We ended up talking a lot on the phone and hung out a few more times before I left and I visited him a few times while he was in school. Well once he left and went home we kept talking I went to see him since my job was flexible and the rest is history we have been together ever since. We did long distance for a year then I moved here. He said he knew right away he wanted to marry me but I was not so sure for about a year or so.

April 23rd, 2013, 09:43 PM
Rochelle
No. I was in love with some dude in Clovis, California <-- (LOL, Lindsey) over the internet. It was back in the AOL chatroom days. I was a junior in HS. I had decided that when I turned 18 I would get myself to California and marry said guy. He was legit and my age so it wasn't anything creepy, I promise.

Anyways, one day riding home on the bus from school my then BFF and I wanted a cigarette so we asked the guys sitting behind us (DH and his friend) if they had one. DH said yes but he kept them at home. So, we went with him and kept hanging out. A month later he asked me to be his GF and I told him about my dumb internet romance but he was ok with that. So, yea I was two-timing technically. Things got more serious and I broke it off with internet guy. I just thought DH and I were going to have a friends with benefits thing but we got real serious real fast.

I'm still shocked to be with him when I think about those days. It's crazy.

ETA: OMGosh, I just looked ex-internet BF up on FB and I could not be with someone like that. He's a hardcore musician now and is into some pretty dark stuff.. no thankyou. Haha

Last edited by 4hearts; April 23rd, 2013 at 09:58 PM.
April 23rd, 2013, 10:00 PM
Haha omg that's funny. Okay who is this guy? Sounds like someone I know!

April 23rd, 2013, 10:11 PM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
Haha omg that's funny. Okay who is this guy? Sounds like someone I know!

His name is Kevin and he's Asian. He's probably about 31 or 32 yrs old now. We bonded over our love for NIRVANA. He's a real jerk now though. I found him on Myspace 7 yrs ago which was about 7 yrs post break-up and tried to be acquaintances with him and he acted cool about it at first and then I guess he decided to take the opportunity to be real snarky and rude to get back at me. So, I deleted him and never looked back. He wasn't so dark and gothic when we were "dating" which went on for about a year. I'm sure if I had traveled there after highschool we wouldn't have lasted long. Good thing I met DH!
April 23rd, 2013, 10:42 PM
the guy I know is in a heavy medal band, they are actually on tour in Europe right now, but when I knew him he was a base drummer in the drum line

April 23rd, 2013, 11:33 PM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
the guy I know is in a heavy medal band, they are actually on tour in Europe right now, but when I knew him he was a base drummer in the drum line
Yea, he classifies the genre as Ambient/Black metal. I think he just tours the San Francisco areas and such. Very strange indeed. I figured he would have settled down by now. People don't ever turn out quite how you predict, I guess.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search