I Feel So MisUnderstood

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SassySami

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2013, 06:54 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel lately that all I do is stress out, want to cry and yell at DH's family. We live with his parents because DH lost his job 2 weeks after we found out we were pregnant. We live in a bedroom that is about 400 square feet and poor Aidan got a room about the size of a closet. We have an 8 foot pool table in the smack middle of our room (as it used to be a game room). FIL FINALLY let us put it up on craigslist about a month ago and we have since lowered the price to $500. We really need the room for the baby as there is no room for Aidan and baby to share his room so baby will have a corner nursery nook here in our room (where our bed currently sits). This room is big enough to be a one bedroom loft (minus the bathroom) if we just get this pool table out of here. Therefore we have yet to get any real baby stuff. All we have are clothes, a bath tub/bath supplies, a carrier, bottle warmer and bottle dryer (where you stack bottles to drip dry) and a diaper bag. We have the crib bedding in layaway along with a crib mobile, a blanket and bumper.
I am really stressing out and constantly on DH's butt about this pool table. I keep telling him to talk to his dad about letting us just get rid of it for free as long as someone just comes to pick it up. FIL never bought the thing...it came with the house as the house has a pool in the backyard and the company that deals with the pool sold pool tables (billiard tables) and gave it to in laws when they bought the house because company was closing. The table is at least 20 years old so probably not even worth $500.
I want to mention something to FIL but him and I never got on the right foot and we are constantly going back and forth with each other especially over dumb stuff (like how many times MY dog has been out or even over traffic)

I really don't know what to do. DH just got a job (FINALLY) back in early March so we don't have enough saved for our own place. I can't afford anything on my checks...I get close to $11/hr but i have myself, aidan and soon to be DH and new baby on insurance (he works part time but really good money as he also gets commission so no insurance for part timers plus you have to be with company at least a year), plus i pay $100/month in child support to ex dh and then at least $58-$75 per check depending on how much my check is so therefore I really only bring home around $300-$450 each check and then I am still paying dr's bills for my OB/GYN plus having to pay FIL $50 for phone bill (as I have a cell phone on their contract) and paying MIL back for paying for my wedding dress (well I only have to pay her half)

I am stressing more about the fact that we have no room for baby more than the fact we have no money for baby. I really am between a rock and a hard place.

April 22nd, 2013, 09:12 PM
Super Mommy
I'm sorry, stressing about finances really blows. My DH just got a a new job and it doesn't pay nearly enough and is only part time, he's got another on the line but be won't know until Thursday if he got it or not. That on top of we just paid property taxes and that took a huge chunk of our savings I don't want to buy anymore baby stuff until we know for sure that he'll have a better job. I know living with family on top of the stresses of your own family is so hard. We had to stay with my MIL while I was pregnant with DS1 and we had to stay with my dad when we moved here almost two years ago and I dang near lost my mind! I hope something breaks for you soon. Hugs.
April 22nd, 2013, 09:24 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I'm sorry Hun. I wish I had some stellar advice but I would have dh talk to his dad about the pool table. Is there somewhere else that it could go in the mean time? Can a friend take it? I'm really sorry that I can't think of anything else.

April 22nd, 2013, 09:32 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
I am really sorry that you are going through all this.. I wish I had some advice. This is the first pregnancy I have had while not living with my parents so I can relate to the family drama going on and having no space for baby... I am really sorry. I agree that DH needs to be the one to sit down with his father about the pool table and if nothing else getting it moved somewhere. Even storing it until it can be sold or something.. So you guys can get ready for little AJ.

April 22nd, 2013, 09:34 PM
I've asked him to talk to fil multiple times. if it were u to both of us and mil we'd let it go for free but it's fil's decision. It's no really about price..most people just don't have the room for it. We definitely don't have anywhere else for it to go here

April 23rd, 2013, 02:54 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry, that would stress me out too. I am having similar stresses as I do not have a room for the baby and she just has a little corner of our bedroom. I hope that he realizes that he has to do something about this pool table sooner rather than later!

April 23rd, 2013, 04:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope everything works out OK. I can completely understand how you feel. I suspect that it is a change for your in-laws as well. While they are probably elated to have the opportunity to be near their grandchild, I suspect it is an adjustment to have an additional family in the home as well. Any possibility of DH working some side job for a little extra income? Hope you can get a place of your own.

April 23rd, 2013, 04:26 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
I'm really sorry you are stressing out about small stuff. You do not need to sweat the small, babies do not need bedding. a simple crib sheet is just fine. Babies do not care how fancy their clothes are, or if they have a baby bath (shower or take a bath with them). All your baby cares about is that it will be loved, fed and safe when born. All the other stuff comes with time.

I really think you need to focus on that part of it, and not on the part of wants.
TeresaMomTo2Boys likes this.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

April 23rd, 2013, 05:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I wonder if you could put it into storage while you are trying to sell it? No one is going to pay 500 for a used pooltable though

April 23rd, 2013, 05:46 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry you have so much on your mind right now. Try to focus on the all the good thing you have going on right now - two baby showers and a diaper drive, plus Trey will be here in a couple of months and he is going to love you guy endlessly.

Hugs
April 23rd, 2013, 08:52 AM
We already pay close to $100 on our storage every month. We have no more room in ours for anything. Also dh does work part time but he makes close to $13/hr plus commission so he gets close to $1000-$1200 each check depending on his sales and he also gets an additional $25 each check for being a key holder (lower management ) so really he doesn't need the side job. He was out of a job for 5-6 months so now he's playing catch up on bills, car insurance and car payments before anything can be put into savings

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search