Do you ever have one of those days...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsLat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2013, 09:33 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Where you are irritated for no apparent reason and someone's very existence irritates the bejeezus out of you?? I'm having that kind of day with my mother (who lives with us at the moment). She is constantly undermining me with my DD and I am so sick of it. For example, DD and I went to the grocery store this morning and I let her get a donut for breakfast. After eating half the donut, she decided that she wasn't hungry anymore, which was fine, so I threw the rest away. But I told her that I don't want to hear that she's hungry until lunch time (we have problems with her always wanting snacks and not eating meals). So we got home and she asked my mom for something and she was about to give it to her, so I told her that she wasn't allowed to have any snacks because she didn't finish her donut and I had to throw it away. So she proceeds to give this awful dirty look like I'm gonna starve the kid and stormed off (she can be really immature). And unfortunately SO isn't here to mediate so I'm just really irritated about the whole situation. Ughhh so over it. I wish she would hurry up and move out.

#1, 4, 5, 7
April 23rd, 2013, 09:39 AM
Rochelle
((Hugs)) I feel ya. My mom undermines DH and I constantly. She's gotten slightly better over the past year or so but it's really annoying that she always comes out looking like "the good guy" when she's actually the one doing damage to their character. I hope your mom moves out soon. I know I couldn't deal with that.
April 23rd, 2013, 09:46 AM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
Ugh that has to be tough.

I feel that way about my boss and some co-workers everyday ugh.
April 23rd, 2013, 10:38 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Um, yes, all the time. This pregnancy, especially, has made me easily irritated with people in general.

And yeah, that would irritate the crap out of me. My mom has tried things like that once or twice, but for the most part she's good about following my rules with the boys. Of course, as well as she and I get along I don't know that we'd like each other too much still if we lived together. That's got to be a stressful situation for you!
April 23rd, 2013, 11:46 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YES! YES! YES!

I hate the feeling because I am usually so laid back and easy going.

As far as your mom, justifiable that you are upset. I have no problems with grandparents spoiling my kiddos, but I get very upset when they undermine my authority. There is a difference.
April 23rd, 2013, 11:49 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes. All the time. Basically every time I get on Facebook. LOL
zkat likes this.

April 23rd, 2013, 11:51 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh yeah. Definitely. I know that being undermined like that would completely set me off!

April 23rd, 2013, 12:12 PM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a very similar problem with my parents, especially my dad. When we visit them, I tell the girls they can't do X and Y and my dad will say "oh it's ok if they do that". Finally, I got fed up to the brim and just told him he isn't helping and that they still need to obide by the rules. It's so frustrating. And my oldest has had the same problem with wanting snacks all the time and not finishing her meals, especially dinner. So I can appreciate your rule of no snacks!
April 23rd, 2013, 12:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've had plenty of those days! Certain days I can tolerate people more than others. Most of the time I just wanna be left alone, I feel bad for DS he gets so bored! I know it's just temporary though. We must stay strong!

April 23rd, 2013, 02:00 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Oh yes I can relate. My parents are pretty good about following my rules for the girls but occasionally they undermine me in front of me. My dad is the worst about giving sugary treats to Lily. He sometimes takes her to dance class and then they go pick up a snack at a gas station. He lets her pick anything she wants. What do you think a 5 year old chooses without limits? It's a late class so she comes home at bed time pumped full of sugar and acting like a crazy person. We had to have a chat. I appreciate the help but he needs to help her with better choices

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search