Gtky 4/24

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Mom2LillieAidan
  • 1 Post By beatlechicksteph
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 1 Post By ashleykathleen

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2013, 05:53 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Were you the jock, band geek, nerd, popular girl,'something else in high school ?

Last edited by navywifey2003; April 24th, 2013 at 08:44 AM.
April 24th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't fit in with any of those groups. I was just me.
zombiemommy likes this.

#1, 4, 5, 7
April 24th, 2013, 06:38 AM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
I moved a lot when I was a kid. I went to five different middle schools and four different high schools. I am well acclimated in making a new life and friends. I played sports, did chorus and show choir, and danced.
While I like social interaction, I will usually always choose to be by myself. I was friends with everyone, and after living somewhere for a while, everyone always knew me... but I never hung out with a certain group of people.
I would spend lunch or breaks flitting from different group to different group... whenever I didn't have anything left to contribute to the conversation... I'd move on. Apparently my dad was the same exact way, though he never moved growing up... being born and raised in Atlanta. My mother was the cheerleader prom queen at her high school in Alabama and was rather disappointed in her only daughter not taking that role as well.
April 24th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Rochelle
Band geek (Marching band)/ art nerd mostly but I went through a new additional phase each year.

-In 9th grade I tried to be 'sporty' as a side thing and even almost tried out for the majorettes but I'm too uncoordinated so that failed miserably.

-10th grade I became very alternative and dressed in huge clothes even though I was so skinny then and I was in a pretty dark place.

-In 11th grade I quit band so I could gallivant with my then BFF and get into trouble, which we did. Towards the middle of that year I met DH in school and he was a faux-hippy so I switched to that and remained somewhere in that "pretend it's still the 60's/70's" deal. There was a small group of us Beatles listening, pot smoking folk there, LOL.

-By the time I graduated I was of no affiliation to any group. I stayed to myself and was trying to be a good Christian and artist and get the heck out of that friggin school with a scholarship. During my senior yr I picked my grades up to all A's and B's but it still wasn't good enough. Because of some bad advice from a school counselor on what math class to take, I got screwed out of my scholarship.
April 24th, 2013, 08:40 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
Mostly like a black sheep, I think. I wasn't in any clubs and "got along" ok with a majority of people, but did not seek out large groups or always feel the need to be in a circle of people. Most of the time in highschool, I had a boyfriend, so I spent most of my time with that person (whoever it was at the time )
DS: '98, DD: '00, DD: '13, & TTC #4

April 24th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nerd. I actually got voted "Class Bookworm" senior year. I didn't even know all those people knew me! LOL!
April 24th, 2013, 10:10 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was mostly a loner, just had a very small group of nerdy female friends. In 11th grade, I started hanging out with a different group of friends and became a little more sociable and outgoing, but not by a whole lot. Most people thought I was a ***** because I didn't really talk to many people. I never got into fights or anything, just kept to myself.

April 24th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I didn't fit into any of the groups.

April 24th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Total band geek. Did marching band and concert band for all 4 years, and I was 1st chair flute starting in the second semester of my freshman year. I lived and breathed band. I hung out in the band room before and after school and for a while I ate lunch in the band room.
QueenCrafty likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
April 24th, 2013, 12:22 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlechicksteph View Post
Total band geek. Did marching band and concert band for all 4 years, and I was 1st chair flute starting in the second semester of my freshman year. I lived and breathed band. I hung out in the band room before and after school and for a while I ate lunch in the band room.
This was pretty much me. I did marching band, wind ensemble, plus I did additional audition-only band clinics on the side (all-district, all-state band, all-state orchestra). I also switched from clarinet in the marching band to color guard (the girls with the flags and rifles) for the fall and did winter guard. I had a large group of friends from the band, but our school was so large that there were even cliques within the marching band. My band friends were also the really smart nerdy ones. We all took the hardest classes in high school, were involved in countless other clubs, and just basically over-achievers. It's funny to think about where my high school friends are now: one is a diplomat in Europe, one is a rocket scientist, one is a speech language pathologist, and then there is me who is a part time receptionist and mom.
April 24th, 2013, 12:30 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was somewhere in the middle. Pretty shy, but smart, so I took all the hard classes also and I finished my first year of college courses while still in high school. But I wasn't really a "nerd". I got a long with mostly everyone but I certainly wasn't popular and flew under the radar for all 4 years.

April 25th, 2013, 06:06 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
None of the above, I just had a few close friends and did normal things, no sports, no clubs, no groups. I was mostly acquaintances with a lot of classmates, including the cheerleaders, jocks, band geeks, etc, etc. I got along with everyone!

April 25th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nerd Graduated second in high school, high in college and top 5% in law school. This tends to make you a huge nerd. Not really a sport player (did debate club - bet that shocks you). Didn't really fit in that much in high school. Made good friends in college and law school.

April 25th, 2013, 10:02 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't fit in with any one group. I was in the Jock group because I was in Swimming, gymnastics, ballet, and soccer. I was in the outcast group cause I was into grunge, punk, ska, and alternative music and that's how I dressed and acted. And I was in the nerd group because I was smart and because all the preppy/rich/popular girls in our school hated my guts because I was tall,thin,naturally blond and have huge boobs and therefore all the boys liked me and because all the guys they liked wanted me they made my whole highschool life miserable
Kim3 likes this.

April 25th, 2013, 10:10 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I was a band geek, a nerd, and a jock. But none of my friends were even in those categories

April 25th, 2013, 12:28 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was actually a mix of lots of those groups...I was super friendly and had friends in lots of different "groups". I was a cheerleader so I was friends with the popular kids and the jocks. I was in all advanced and college credit classes so I made friends with the "nerds". I was a pothead and I LOVED to party so I also made friends with all "druggies" and stoner-types. Honestly, tons of people at my high school smoked pot from all different groups so that was a lot of times the reason I started talking or being friends with people...common interests, so to speak
4hearts likes this.

April 25th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Super Mommy
I got lucky, my highschool wasn't very "cliquey". I hung out with just about everyone. I was never in any band classes, but I was in middle school, I quit when I got to high school. I took a few advanced classes, but was never really considered a "nerd". I guess I was more of a smart stoner after sophmore year, haha. I had friends in every grade, from all walks of life. I wasn't a hard partier, we typically ran in smaller circles.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search