Hair (baby's, not yours)

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2013, 08:52 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Do you think your baby will have hair?
Why or why not?

At my ultrasound Tuesday, the tech was showing me the baby's hair and I was really surprised I could actually see it waving back and forth. She tried to get a pic but it was just a big blur. My other kids were born with hair but this was the first time I saw it before they were born.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
April 24th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm convinced this baby is going to be bald. LOL But I'm sure most babies look bald on the ultrasound.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
April 24th, 2013, 09:17 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
They told us at our 3D that she has a lot of hair. I'll believe it when I see it though.

April 24th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was convinced that my son would have a full head of red curly hair when was born due to the huge amount of heart burn I was suffering through (DH is a red head and strawberry blonde runs in my family). Instead I got a lil bald eagle with one black lock. That eventually fell out and within a week or two I had a blonde baby, lol.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

April 25th, 2013, 03:04 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They showed me this at my elective ultrasound so I am positive he will have hair But my other son did also so I am not too surprised. My DH is a freakin' monkey man. Seriously, his office calls him Chewbacca

April 25th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No hair so far...
April 25th, 2013, 09:43 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My 33 week ultrasound showed hair. I'm SO excited. SO and I both have thick, dark brown hair so I'd love it if she came out with a decent head of dark hair!

April 25th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are portuguese with very thick very dark hair. Both my boys came out with full black mops of wispy hair on their heads, and poor sebastian even had it on his back neck and shoulders (and still does!) so if this baby comes out bald, I'm going to have to request a DNA test.

The black tends to fade to brown over time.

April 25th, 2013, 11:06 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaze View Post
We are portuguese with very thick very dark hair. Both my boys came out with full black mops of wispy hair on their heads, and poor sebastian even had it on his back neck and shoulders (and still does!) so if this baby comes out bald, I'm going to have to request a DNA test.

The black tends to fade to brown over time.
Lol My dh is hispanic so a few of our kids have had hairy backs and all had dark hair at birth. Surprisingly, I have had 2 who's hair fell out. One is now blonde and the other a really light brown.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
April 25th, 2013, 11:18 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Yes, because both of our older boys had full heads of dark hair when they were born. In fact, my niece is the only baby born in our family in the last 20 years that I can think of that was bald.
April 25th, 2013, 11:18 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All of my children have been completely bald until they were almost 1. When they get hair in, it is very fine and very blonde. Because of this, I'm inclined to believe this baby will be bald also...however, the last u/s I had the tech said she had hair and even printed a picture of it. I'm still skeptical though. I'll believe it when I see it.

April 25th, 2013, 11:35 AM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
I had horrrrrrible heartburn with dd and she came into the world with a fine layer of white blonde peach fuzz, which is like her father. He was born white blonde and it changed as he got older. Everyone thinks she gets her hair from me (the texture and shape yes, color... no), but I was born red headed and was red headed until 5 or 6 and my hair has been a golden strawberry blonde ever since.

I'm assuming Coy will be the same as dd... but he could come out with jet black hair (like everyone else in my family), red headed or blonde. I'll definitely be asking when/if I have another ultrasound.
April 25th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I had zero heartburn with my son and he was born with a full head of long hair. I'm guessing and hoping this baby is the same. I have an u/s at 36 weeks to check size, but I kinda don't want to look and see if he's hairy. Since I caved this time and found out the gender (we were team green last time), I sort of want the hair issue to be a surprise.

April 25th, 2013, 01:17 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm sure he'll have hair. Lily had a decent amount at birth. Abri had a lot more on her head and she had it down her neck, shoulders, and back. My mom said I was born the same way. DH and I both come from hairy families
April 25th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Super Mommy
I guess it could really be a toss up. My first was born with a ton of dark brown hair, just like his daddy, he had his first hair cut at 5 months and it started growing in blonde and has been a silvery blonde ever since. My second was born with just a touch of peach fuzz and slowly grew in hair over a year and his color now is a slightly darker blonde than his big brother. I have red hair and my DH has very dark brown hair, so I'm hoping this guy will have darker hair. I have a feeling this guy will have hair. Both me and hubby are very German and we're a very hairy family! My boys both need hair cuts at least every 6 weeks or they get very shaggy.
April 25th, 2013, 01:36 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
All my kids have been born with just a little hair, either blonde or black. And then it falls out and they were bald until age 2. I imagine this one will probably be the same.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search