tell me the good things about a c-section

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By MrsLat
  • 5 Post By sunnydaze

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2013, 08:24 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
All I've heard are all the reasons you don't want one and I'm scared to have one, so tell me the good things about having one so I can think about that instead of the horror stories I've heard.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
April 24th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Fast! A co-worker of mine went in to have her second child and he turned into a full breech and got stuck in the birth canal. They had to do an emergency c-section and within a matter of minutes he was out. She said it was surreal but it was nice that it happened quickly.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

April 24th, 2013, 08:32 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
There are some beautiful c/s stories and pictures on birth without fears blog.

April 25th, 2013, 02:01 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When you are dealing with a high risk situation, c-sections can be nice because it is very systematic and controlled... if that makes sense. Plus it is fast and NICU staff is ready and waiting. I have had two of them and while they aren't ideal, I have no horror stories of them. My spinal went fine. I heard my baby cry and got to kiss him and snuggle as soon as I was stitched up and baby was checked over.

Recovery is harder, yes, but it is manageable with pain meds and taking it easy. The thought of the surgery is scary but honestly, I think that your mind can make it seem like it is going to be so horrible and in most cases, it isn't. Try to breathe and remember it is not going to be as bad as you are imagining it to be, I am sure. Most c-sections, like natural births, go off without major complications. You only hear about the horror stories because they are told so much. Normal c-section stories don't get passed around because frankly, they are boring.
phantomsgrl11, 4hearts and eshute like this.

April 25th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The post partum bleeding was a fraction of what it was after a vaginal birth. Also, no stitches to your lady bits....no fear of pooping...and you can "wipe" without fear of mussing up stitches.

I'd rather have a sore belly than a sore vagina any day of the week.

recovery from c/s wasn't the horror everyone made it out to be either. Plus, I would imagine, with as many kids as you have, you have got to be one tough chick and this, my dear, ain't nothing.

You got it.

April 25th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Rochelle
I pretty much second everything all PPs have said. It wasn't ideal but it did the job and it did go quickly and smoothly. My main trauma was how disappointed I was to be having one bc I wanted the vaginal births so much. Other than that, there were no complications with any of my 3 c/s's. You'll do great!
April 25th, 2013, 06:11 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the other ladies. The recovery is not the long drawn out horror you hear from some ladies if you get up and get moving quickly (and you don't strike me as the type to milk it or carry on and on and on.....

NICU team is on Stand-by in the OR and you get pre-plan the date, which makes arrangements for you other kids much easier. My mom has already put in for her PTO because we know the date, unless he gets anxious.
April 25th, 2013, 08:41 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mother had both her kids via c-section because she's missing a pelvic bone that allows a woman to give birth naturally. She is terrified for me to have a natural birth because she says that the c-section was so easy. My older sister also had 2 c-sections and she's a total whiner and a wimp and she did completely fine. She only used pain meds for couple days. My mom didn't use anything stronger than tylenol or advil. Of course, I don't have a story of my own, but from what I can tell from my mom and sister...it's really not bad. As another poster said - You got this! You're a very strong woman and no c-section is going to keep you down!

April 25th, 2013, 09:58 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Thank you all. It's strange being so afraid of a c-section after 7 inductions and 2 of them without an epi. I had complications from an epi and after that, they didn't work right. I'm afraid the spinal will be the same. With my other kids, as soon as I could move I was off to be with them. I guess I'm afraid of being away from Jocelyn and not knowing how she is.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
April 25th, 2013, 12:47 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I actually really like spinals because they work FAST. With my first, I had a resident anesthesiologist who only numbed half of my body. So I had to get poked again, that stunk. But the second time around the anesthesiologist got it on the first shot and I had no problems. They make sure you are completely numb before they get started. In the absolute worst case scenario, they will put you completely under if its not working but I think that is pretty rare.

April 25th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Spinals aren't fun. They do seem a lot scarier when you aren't actually in labor. However, it takes seconds, really and it's over and done with.

I'm actually afraid of it too. But I just keep focusing on the end game.

In the grand scheme of things, it is only minutes out of your entire life with the most rewarding prize directly afterwards.

When you think back to the moments, it isn't the epidural you are going to be focusing on, but bringing Jocelyn into the world.

That is what I am focusing on. I refuse to be rattled by it. (I actually have a needle phobia and scoliosis...even having my blood drawn is a big thing for me....and the IV needle...ugh).

I'm going to be a warrior. You will be too.

April 25th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Rochelle
I prefer spinals over epi's. They seem to numb better. OB agrees that it does a more thorough job. But I've noticed each woman has her preference on this bc everyone react differently. It does suck to have a needle in the back but it is over pretty fast. Maybe they'll let me bring in a stress ball to squeeze during that part.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search