Stretch Marks

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Hopeful2BMommy
  • 1 Post By MerinSun
  • 1 Post By loveneverfails

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Mommy to Be
Soooooooooooo I know Im going to get them, well i Knew i was going to get them, i have a lot of them at this point. Now they were starting to move up my belly and they look like little red cracks coming from the hole where my belly button ring used to be lol. I have tried cocoa butter, Bio-Oil , regular lotion ... does anyone have any remedies or anything specific they like to use that works for them? I dont mind them neither does my husband but if i could make them look a little better I think i may be more comfortable with myself, i think if she grows anymore my entire stomach is going to be one big stretch mark

April 25th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have used Palmer's massage lotion and tummy butter, but I'm pretty sure I can see some discolored places starting which will turn into stretch marks...
Disruptivebubbles likes this.
April 25th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have them too, I got them when pregnant with DS and have noticed a couple of new ones. You can't really prevent them but coconut oil and bio oil can help them fade over time. I've been using it and I've noticed a small difference, I just gotta make sure to keep using it. They will fade somewhat, over time.

April 25th, 2013, 04:04 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I put cocoa butter on them. At least it helps them not itch and it helps them fade a little bit better over time. I wish there was a way to prevent them though!

April 25th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was told just to drink plenty of water so that the skin is well hydrated.

April 25th, 2013, 08:20 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also drink a ton of water. When I was pregnant with DD, I used Mustela double action stretch mark cream and didn't get any. I got more this time, but it was totally different. It felt and smelled gross. I switched to Burt's Bees belly butter and so far so good. Hoping my luck holds out.

April 25th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Mommy to Be
I drink water constantly and still have a ton and I have been using the bio oil as well as palmers cocoa butter massaging lotion , and today I noticed new ones ... Oh well lol at least they're worth it

April 25th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My midwife said to not even bother stressing about stretch marks. Either you're the type of physical person who gets them or you're not. You can't really prevent it unless you were born with very elastic skin.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

April 26th, 2013, 10:33 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
They'll fade after you have the baby. Just keep your stomach hydrated so they don't itch. Drink lots of water, use lotion, etc.
I've been lucky. I only have stretch marks on the lower half of my belly under my belly button. Unfortunately, my hips and boobs are covered in stretch marks. I think I'd rather have them on my stomach.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
April 26th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Here are my stripes:

I have been lucky so far this baby girl has been using the stretch marks left behind by her two brothers instead of forming her own. I get dry skin easily, so I actually have a night time cream I "made" myself that works really really well.

I mix together basic coacoa butter, vitamin e cream you can purchase from the dollar store, vaseline, and a basic baby lotion to hold it all together and make it smell good and it works wonders.

April 27th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have TONS of them. pretty much all the way around my body and they are starting to creep up past my belly button. I have no advice as far as prevent or making them go away but the palmers lotion and oils did help the itch and seem to fade them a little bit.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search