Favorite books for kids

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By bribugg13
  • 1 Post By wildchihuahua
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By mommy220
  • 1 Post By MarylandMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I thought I would start this post to see if everyone could add their favorite books for kids. Most of us know the Sandra Boyton (love them) and Eric Carle books. There are a lot of other ones.

Here goes:

I love you Stinky Face (there are so many girly books - this is such a great book for boys)
You are my I love you.

April 26th, 2013, 05:34 AM
Super Mommy
i love the Llama Llama books - they are so cute! and all the 'if you give a mouse a cookie' books
April 26th, 2013, 05:42 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
We received a few books around Connor's first birthday that became very fast favorites for him! He reads along because he's memorized them from hearing them so often ha ha

Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle

Little Blue Truck Leads the Way by Alice Schertle

Giraffes Can't Dance by Giles Andreae

And we haven't started reading this book too often, but i LOVE the message, it's about bullying: One: Kathryn Otoshi
Kim3 likes this.

April 26th, 2013, 05:46 AM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I personally love "I love you through and through". It helps that my boys look like the little kid in the story.

As they get older, we're really enjoying the Skippy John Jones books. They're very silly.
Kim3 likes this.

April 26th, 2013, 07:35 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DD loves the Skippyjon Jones Books so I second those.
She also loves Splat the Cat, Fancy Nancy, and Pinkalicious.

Some of my faves to read to her
Love you Forever(seriously if you haven't read this one to your child then buy it and don't be surprised if you get all teary)
Wherever you Are, My Love Will Find you. Also another book by same author On the Night You were Born. (By Nancy Tillman) (Seriously buy these two as well they are great for reading to a baby and my DD loves me to read them still as both are like a mom talking to her child about how wonderful they are)
Runaway Bunny. Total classic wrote by same author as Goodnight moon.
God gave Us You. (Its so sweet)

I could go on and on as I am a total bookworm and I read DD 3 to 4 books a night and she has a TONof books already.

April 26th, 2013, 08:47 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love to read Shel Silverstein - The Giving Tree and Where the Sidewalk Ends.

We also really love all the Dr. Suess Books - The little bug that went Ka-CHOO and Horton hears a Who are the two top pics at the moment.

Kat.
April 26th, 2013, 01:56 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Katelynn's favorite is the monster at the end of the book.
David is more into chapter adventure books so we read a chapter a night.
Kim3 likes this.

April 26th, 2013, 03:31 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I prefer the classics, some of which I had from when I was a kid.

Runaway Bunny
Goodnight Moon
Amelia Bedelia series
Eric Carle books
Kevin Henkes books (they have cute little mice)
April 26th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Veteran
When DS was tiny he loved Brown Bear, Brown Bear. Currently he's really into Pete the cat, the two books he has he knows by heart and practically reads them himself from memory. You can play the song online so he loves that.

Me, I love Little Critter by Mercer Mayer and DS likes them but not the way I did. I loved Berenstain Bears and Shel Silversteins poems too. He's a bit young for those yet but in a few years I will introduce him to them.

April 27th, 2013, 10:44 AM
lalap's Avatar Super Mommy
Berenstein Bears all the way!
April 27th, 2013, 05:47 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just want to second, On the Night You Were Born. I love this book, it is dd's special book and I want to get the baby her own copy too. She thinks it was written about her and she thinks that the images of a baby in it are really her. It is our special book.

She also likes Fancy Nancy, Pinkalicious, we have one called My Favorite Dress (I think that was it) that she loves, Bad Dog Marley, Puff the Magic Dragon, so many I can't think of. She has soooooooooooooo many books as I am a teacher and I had a book shower when I was preggo. I order her new books whenever I place a book order for my class. I have been getting more nonfiction lately and so we have a lot of nonfiction also.
MamaSkunk likes this.

April 27th, 2013, 06:40 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My absolute favorite is God Gave Us You. If you haven't read it, you should. I bought it at Target when I was pregnant with DD and started bawling right there in the book aisle. Since then we have gotten some others in the series and we also love them.

I also am a Dr. Seuss addict. DD loves them as well. Her daily read is the Bible. We have several versions of children's Bibles and she loves to read them before bed.
MamaSkunk likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search