Belly Pain

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I asked my doc about this today, but he just acted like the baby was punching, trying to get out- really didn't answer.

Anyway, I got up to use the bathroom last night, and while sitting (not moving or anything) I started to get a really bad pinching type feeling in my belly. I sat there waiting for it to go away. It didn't seem to be letting up, so I was going to go back to bed. Trying to stand up was awful and walking was even worse. With every move I made it stung worse. I know you'll say RLP, but I really don't think that's what it was. What else could it be? A nerve? Just baby's position?
April 26th, 2013, 02:58 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Where on the belly? Lower, near the groin, or higher up?

April 26th, 2013, 03:22 PM
low-ish center
April 26th, 2013, 03:37 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I obviously have no advice from previous pregnancies, but could it from the baby starting to drop? I know that about now we're going to start feeling a lot more pressure and discomfort down low because our babies are dropping. I know I've had a lot more pressure and pain when I need to use the bathroom (either 1 or 2) and it's been seriously uncomfortable. ugh! I hope someone else has better answers for you!

April 26th, 2013, 04:57 PM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like an exposed nerve, but any pain when you pee or anything? It could also be an early bladder infection - although if you had an appt today they probably checked your urine. How is it doing today?

April 26th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchihuahua View Post
Sounds like an exposed nerve, but any pain when you pee or anything? It could also be an early bladder infection - although if you had an appt today they probably checked your urine. How is it doing today?
It didn't hurt when I peed, just after in my belly. I didn't feel it anymore once I laid back down. THey checked my urine today and all was normal there.
April 26th, 2013, 08:07 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I sometimes get these sharp pains like that but at the top of my belly. It's really sensitive. It's usually from Payson lying in a weird position once she moves it goes away.

April 26th, 2013, 08:15 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep its usually caused from baby being in a weird position and you can get Braxton Hicks contractions from baby moving into a weird position. Tristan has been doing this to me for days and it hurts pretty bad. And the pain is usually centered where he's applying a lot of pressure.

April 27th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
And just to be TMI: it could also be gas and/or poo. Your intestines are getting moved and squished a whole bunch and sometimes this means things have a rough time making it through.

It is also possible that you're feel more intense growing pains or muscles moving. Late in my last pregnancy I had a soft sore spot at the top of my stomach (just at the bra line in the middle). In my last week or so you could see a dark spot. Turned out that it was my muscle walls separating. Pre-hernia. But they snapped right back after birth so no complications.

As others have said the baby could also be dropping. My son never really dropped but this one definitely has, lol. I can feel the hard ridge of the back of their head just underneath my bump. My midwife confirmed at my last appointment that the baby's head was getting in position in my pelvis.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search