It feels like something is stuck in my throat!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2013, 05:40 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All day today it has felt like there is a vitamin or something stuck in my throat. I have tried drinking, eating, coughing, etc. and I can't get it to go away! I googled it and I found that other pregnant woman have experienced it and it could be caused from acid reflux. I have been having super bad heartburn for months but it's so weird because it seriously feels like something is stuck, I cannot stand it, it's driving me insane.

Has this happened to anyone? I just had an appointment yesterday, ugh!

April 27th, 2013, 05:49 PM
lalap's Avatar Super Mommy
Maybe you have a tonsil stone. Have you looked back at your tonsils? You may have to tilt your head around to see them.
April 28th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The other day i Kept having this feeling like I had a knot in my throat kinda like the one you get when you're holding back on crying. Don't know what it was, sounds similar to what you were having though.

April 28th, 2013, 08:55 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I've had that a few times recently too. Not sure what it is or was.

April 28th, 2013, 11:59 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalap View Post
Maybe you have a tonsil stone. Have you looked back at your tonsils? You may have to tilt your head around to see them.
Ugh, I get those stupid things all the time. They are so gross. Yuck, it's making me gag just thinking about them.

It sounds like it could be indigestion or heartburn. I've had heartburn pretty much this entire pregnancy and sometimes I get the same feeling. Tum tu tum tum TUUUMMMMMMs.

April 28th, 2013, 02:53 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get this feeling all the time, even when I'm not pregnant. It could be from the heartburn/acid reflux as I've had this most of my life. Also, I notice it's worse when my post nasal drip is worse. As long as you can breathe okay and it doesn't keep you from swallowing normally, then I'd bet it's something someone has mentioned here, but of course if it gets worse or you start having a lot of trouble call your doc!

April 28th, 2013, 04:44 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I get it when my heartburn is acting up. Are you taking an anti acid? My heartburn isn't bad so Tums usually works and that feeling goes away
April 28th, 2013, 05:28 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I take Gaviscon, Zantac, and natural DGL which is from licorice extract when I have bad heartburn.

It is still here today but not as bad.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search