Seriously?!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By ashleykathleen

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2013, 05:44 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
So not once, but TWICE yesterday I had two different people I've never met tell me, "OMG, I didn't even realize you were pregnant!" REALLY?! So, instead, I just look fat and round? Because I'm CLEARLY pregnant at 8 months. When they asked me when I was due, and I said less than 2 months, they really had a look of shock on their faces and "couldn't believe how tiny I was!" .....I just don't believe it! I'm HUGE!!!

I know a lot of people never mention the "P" word unless the baby is hanging out of your va-jay-jay but COME ON! I was even wearing my "princess in progress" shirt....so I guess they thought *I* was the princess in progress?! I just don't know if I can take their comments as compliments LOL I mean, I was laughing about it to my mom, but really, if you can't tell I'm pregnant at this point then I must just look like a beached freakin' whale!!!!!!!!!

April 28th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree. I think people are afraid to say a word until you say something. I have gained 16 pounds - all in the stomach. Literally. I receive comments on how small I am. Not really - Ellianna just measured 4 pounds 7 ounces at 32 weeks. I also think people forget that during the lat two months, the child grows 1/2 pound per week. So doing that time we really show more each week. There is a huge difference seeing me at 32, 36 and 39 weeks (never made it to 40)

April 28th, 2013, 06:39 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I wish I was getting comments about how small I am...I have gained 26lbs and it isn't anywhere but my boobs and belly. I hear all the time how I "must be ready to pop anyday now". Or my favorite, when people find out that I have over a month left: "omg! You have no more room! Where are you going to put it??" Ummmm, same place I've been putting for the last 8 months. People are idiots.

April 28th, 2013, 07:17 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Some people don't think before they speak. I get comments about how tiny I am too when they find out I have about 8 weeks left. I feel huge and I don't think I'm really all that small anymore.
April 28th, 2013, 08:51 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
No one has said anything to me thank goodness my hormones couldn't take it.

April 28th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykathleen View Post
Well I wish I was getting comments about how small I am...I have gained 26lbs and it isn't anywhere but my boobs and belly. I hear all the time how I "must be ready to pop anyday now". Or my favorite, when people find out that I have over a month left: "omg! You have no more room! Where are you going to put it??" Ummmm, same place I've been putting for the last 8 months. People are idiots.
OMG THIS!! When I was work on Thursday all anyone would tell me was, "OMG, you are not going to make it 6 more weeks." Or "What are you? 12 months pregnant?" I'm sorry that my baby is on the larger side, and that I gained all my weight in my belly. And then the strangers always express surprise when I say I'm not due until June. Their eyes bug out of their heads. I think I'll become a hermit...LOL

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
April 28th, 2013, 09:32 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlechicksteph View Post
OMG THIS!! When I was work on Thursday all anyone would tell me was, "OMG, you are not going to make it 6 more weeks." Or "What are you? 12 months pregnant?" I'm sorry that my baby is on the larger side, and that I gained all my weight in my belly. And then the strangers always express surprise when I say I'm not due until June. Their eyes bug out of their heads. I think I'll become a hermit...LOL
Steph you really aren't all that big hun its just all in how the baby is sitting. With DD she was ALL out front and with her at 6 months I was bigger than you. By the time 41 weeks hit I looked like a beached whale. People kept saying that DD must be huge etc etc And she was only 7 pounds 14 oz when she was born.
So don't think just cause your carrying him out in the front means he will be huge or that your huge either just cause people are rude. Hugs!

The way lil man Is sitting I am not as big and all out in front and the only time people even mention me being pregnant is if they see me waddling with a hand on my belly. I pretty much still just could pass as fat lol I am however waddling like a darn penguin now!

April 28th, 2013, 11:09 AM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
So half the people at work say they didn't know I was pregnant ( maybe because I'm still running around like crazy) and those that know can't believe I have til June 20th. One lady told me TWICE that it looks like I'm going to give birth to a kindergartner. Jerk

April 28th, 2013, 01:24 PM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
The other day in a video store, I was snacking on some of the free popcorn and this guy came up to me and said "either you're eating too much popcorn or you're pregnant!"

I tried to laugh it off (because it was that or cry, and I HATE crying in public). Then he says "You sure your husband's not in there, too?"

April 28th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Mommy to Be
I had someone at work say I didn't know you were pregnant , so I said I'm not I just ate a lot of donuts and I can focus my fat to one area of my body. And I get comments like a you're not making it 8 more weeks, and are you having twins? And you're due any day now aren't you. The one that irks me the most is being called big mama ... Especially since I've never really been heavy , and right now I feel like a blimp

April 29th, 2013, 12:04 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My Dad called me on Saturday to tell me he hoped the baby shower went well & to take pictures of me and my sisters because "I know that you're big and all swollen up with that baby in your belly." Followed by "he's going to be big, isn't he?" I haven't seen my dad since Christmas and he's only seen pictures of me on Facebook, but apparently he thinks I look huge and am going to have a huge baby. Thanks dad. Just what I wanna hear before I go to my baby shower! People just don't think! Ugh.
April 29th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I keep getting this as well. Today I took Alex in for ear tubes and the nurse asked me if he was my only one and I replied "Until next month" Her jaw dropped. To be fair I was also wearing a long shrug shirt.

OH! And last week I got my teeth cleaned and the technician there couldn't believe me when I said I was 5 weeks away from my due date. The next day DH went in to get his teeth cleaned and she drilled him on my dates, too, lol.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search