Hospital Bag

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 1 Post By phantomsgrl11

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2013, 09:37 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So last night I decided to pack my hospital bag cause DH got me some super adorable jammies for when I am at the hospital and I sent him to get the duffle bags. He brings back one largish sized one and one enormous sized one. Last time I packed the enormous one and the diaper bag to bring with this time I took the smaller one and have my stuff and lil mans stuff in it and DH looked at me very perplexed cause there's still a ton of room in the bag and last time both bags were full. I told DH well last time I took a bunch of stuff I didn't need and nothing that I actually needed so now I know what to pack and what not to pack. DH promptly starts laughing hysterically and tells me that I'm just like that Luvs commercial...1st time mom. 2nd time mom. I guess he's right haha

Last edited by MamaSkunk; April 28th, 2013 at 09:47 AM.
April 28th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's a great commercial

Even though I'm a second-time mom, the whole hospital birth thing is new for me. I'm determined not to over-pack, since we won't be there for several days (fingers crossed). The midwives and their patients are only allowed limited time in the hospital after delivery, so we'll be headed home 2-3 hours afterwards, assuming all goes well.

It was so much easier having a home birth and not having to pack anything!

I guess I could pack the stuff for the baby, but all my things and DH's things I can't pack yet since it's all everyday stuff that we need. Instead I'm making a very detailed list, and making sure that DH knows everything that is on it and where everything is, just in case I go earlier than planned and he has to very quickly pack the bags for me.

April 28th, 2013, 10:43 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think we've got a bag picked out, but that's about it. haha. Most of the stuff I'll want to take with me is going to be stuff I wear on a regular basis and I'm determined to only take enough stuff for a 2 night stay. I might get some travel size containers for shampoo and body wash. Then some onsies and the going home outfit. The hard part is that since we'll be an hour from home, I really don't want to forget anything, but assuming all goes well..I should only be in the hospital 24 hours anyway. Ugh. Decisions, decisions. Haha.

April 28th, 2013, 10:45 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have my stuff pretty much packed, with the exception of the things I will need before baby comes. I'm going to make a list of all of the last minute things (phone charger, tablet, etc) and leave it on my hospital bag so I/DH can throw them in on our way out the door. I plan on getting baby's bag packed today. I have a fairly small bag packed for myself, and I am planning on packing light for baby too. Hopefully I'm not forgetting anything important.

April 28th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm going to try and get my hospital bag packed this week. In order to control my packing, I'm just using the diaper bag as my bag. Since it's already upstairs and I don't have to dig it out of the garage (I'm really lazy lol). When DH went on his Disney chaperoning trip, I picked up some travel sized toiletries and threw them in there, and I bought a new speaker for my iPod and threw that in there as well. I'm going to hopefully put everything in it, except for my last minute items before the week is over.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
April 28th, 2013, 12:16 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been thinking about the hospital bag too. I am definitely packing some snacks. I was never hungry when they decided it was meal time and DH ended up eating most of that stuff and I'd find myself awake at 3am starving.... LOL
eshute likes this.

April 28th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
So last night I decided to pack my hospital bag cause DH got me some super adorable jammies for when I am at the hospital and I sent him to get the duffle bags. He brings back one largish sized one and one enormous sized one. Last time I packed the enormous one and the diaper bag to bring with this time I took the smaller one and have my stuff and lil mans stuff in it and DH looked at me very perplexed cause there's still a ton of room in the bag and last time both bags were full. I told DH well last time I took a bunch of stuff I didn't need and nothing that I actually needed so now I know what to pack and what not to pack. DH promptly starts laughing hysterically and tells me that I'm just like that Luvs commercial...1st time mom. 2nd time mom. I guess he's right haha
Share your items in your bags if you would...we should have a sticky on this subject so people can add their items and others can look...like me who still has no clue what I should pack

April 28th, 2013, 04:33 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just got some travel sized containers today. I haven't packed either bag yet. I still want to get some new jammies and some nursing tanks.

April 28th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Mommy to Be
I am so ready to pack my bag, but I haven't even had my shower yet. May 19th, I feel very unprepared. As a first time mom, what items do we actually need in the bag? I did purchase a new nightgown that will e easy to breast feed with, but other than that I has not gotten that far yet. I still haven't purchased nursing bras either

April 28th, 2013, 05:51 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I packed an outfit for lil guy and one receiving blanket, jammies for me to wear. I got travel sized shampoo/conditioner/lotion/toothpaste. I always have more than one hair brush around so packed one of those and a toothbrush. I also will be putting in my breast pump if I can't get him to latch. As well as back massager for labor. Phone and charger. MP3 player. Camera and charger.
I will also toss in a sundress and big ol boy short panties for going home.(No you don't go home magically skinny haha) And in my bag I also have my birth beads from our bead exchange along with everyone's notes of support in a little baggie.
Diapers the hospital provides. Same with pads for afterwards.

April 28th, 2013, 06:11 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really don't think I packed a bag my first time but this time I'm packing one. I got a bunch of travel sized toiletries today. The sad thing is, I wanna pack the diaper bag but I'm really hoping we get the one off our registry lol

April 28th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Rochelle
Yea, IKWYM I'm going to seriously cut back on the amount of crap I take to the hospital and make sure to pack a bag of stuff for my kids to do in there bc I know DH is going to want to hang out there with them sometimes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search